Mothering Forum banner

Who has a bump to show off??? Post up some pics!

17K views 147 replies 42 participants last post by  flavorfull1 
#1 ·
I've got nothing but a bit more fullness than normal. No semblance of a bump other than my normal pooch. But I know there have to be some Apirl ladies with the bump! Shre your pictures!

#2 ·
6weeks.png11weeks.png

My normally pointy pooch is getting more pointy. Teehee. I've definitely gained a bit of chub but some of the expansion must be baby too!

DAE have the double-tummy? It's clear in the second picture, I've always had a tummy above my belly button and a pooch below it. I wonder if/how that will change with this pregnancy.

#3 ·
Okay, I finally feel like I can post a photo of my belly. I can't believe how big it is at 10 weeks! I was looking at photos of my previous pregnancy (I took photos every week) and this belly looks like my 15 week belly then! I'm gonna be huge! (Sorry for the somewhat blurry quality - there wasn't enough light!).

10 week belly

#6 ·
Look at all these cute baby bumps! Ladies keep them coming.

Is anyone planning to do a pretty photo series? I want to, but I keep neglecting to get out the nice camera to actually set up a shot.

#11 ·
Simplified, if you are working on your 8th child and the only dirt you have to worry about a dirty mirror we shouldn't be critical, but bow down! I only have 4 at home, and still struggle to keep it clean (if I had 7 I wouldn't be able to photography an inch of my house let alone the entire bathroom LOL).16 So no critique here.

Cute bumps everyone, but someone here better start growing quicker or I'm going to stop posting...I'm beginning to feel FAT!!! :)

#13 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by zuzusplace View Post

Simplified, if you are working on your 8th child and the only dirt you have to worry about a dirty mirror we shouldn't be critical, but bow down! I only have 4 at home, and still struggle to keep it clean (if I had 7 I wouldn't be able to photography an inch of my house let alone the entire bathroom LOL).16 So no critique here.

Cute bumps everyone, but someone here better start growing quicker or I'm going to stop posting...I'm beginning to feel FAT!!! :)
I agree! Seriously what is your secret? My house is in constant tornado mode and my body and mind just can't get it taken care of.

I just realized that I gave Simplified a thumbs up... It was an accident but you do look fantastic!

Maybe I'll get a pic up sometime!

#15 ·
You guys have the cutest bumps. I love 'em all.

Simplified I love the avatar. Heeheee.

#17 ·
Lovely bumps everyone!! I got a picture of myself standing up at last... Note the very curious Ari who didn't like the sounds photobooth was making! oh and this was taken at 12 weeks I think?

Photo on 2011-09-16 at 17.40 #2.jpg

#18 ·
Okay, I'm really jealous looking at all your bumps! I have a tiny, tiny little bump and it looks nothing like what others have posted on here (I'm 12 weeks today). I read that your uterus should be half-way between your pubic bone and belly button at 16 weeks and mine is almost there, but it doesn't stick out much. Is this normal? Is it because its my first baby? The midwife didn't tell me it was small or anything...

#19 ·
Jessimaca - From scouring bump pictures at any given week, I have learned that everyone's body is very different. Everyone carries a different way. A friend of mine (tall, started out really fit and muscular, no fat) carried twins and no stranger would have been able to tell she was pregnant until about 24 weeks! I just looked back at her 23 week belly photo; she just looked like she had a bit of a long, round belly. And apparently we first-timers have a lot longer to wait before we look pregnant!

I think it's easiest to see when there's a direct side-by-side comparison of a 4week belly and a 12 week belly. :)

#20 ·
Jessimaca - Completely normal! This is your first baby so your body is much slower to move around in there. Moms who have had previous pregnancies usually show sooner because their body kinda gets right back into it's pregnant form.

I am sure that you are incredibly anxious to have a "bump" but believe me, it's easier without the bump. Don't worry, You'll get there and you'll be as cute as ever!

For what its worth. I will be 13 weeks tomorrow and I still can't feel my fundus! I'm anxious too and this is my 4th!

#21 ·
jessimaca- this is my 6th pregnancy (3rd baby) and i don't start showing until about 20 weeks. people who show sooner arn't actualy showing 'baby'. the uterus moves up out of the pelvic bone, which causes the other organs and muscles to shift, which makes it look like a baby bump. some people do this sooner, some dont.

i have a long torso, so my ther stuff has a place to go instead of "out". so i'm with you, jealous of all the cute bellies! but dont frett, you'll get one too.

-viv-

p.s. i have aq good friend who never showed...with either pregnancy. if she wasnt paying attention she could have been one of the ladies on "i didn't know i was pregnant" because she was 9 months preggo, and she didn't even look like she had had a big meal. yikes!

#22 ·
I woke up at 12 weeks and noticed I grew a belly, overnight. Never had that happen before. I could feel and see my uterus laying in bed and I'm showing. I love seeing all your baby bumps! More! :)

12WeeksBelly_Web.jpg

#23 ·
Adore & Viv~ Thanks for calming my mind
innocent.gif
I can feel my fundus just up over my pubic bone and I have to admit I'm pretty excited to actually show eventually. But, I'm sure things are more comfortable and easier when your small-- I need to work on enjoying every moment!

#24 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by vivica2 View Post

jessimaca- this is my 6th pregnancy (3rd baby) and i don't start showing until about 20 weeks. people who show sooner arn't actualy showing 'baby'. the uterus moves up out of the pelvic bone, which causes the other organs and muscles to shift, which makes it look like a baby bump. some people do this sooner, some dont.

i have a long torso, so my ther stuff has a place to go instead of "out". so i'm with you, jealous of all the cute bellies! but dont frett, you'll get one too.
yeahthat.gif

I suspect that is why I just look really bloated. Well, I am bloated, but also because the other stuff in me is shifting up. And I am enjoying letting it all hang out, especially after eating. Don't worry--when you show you'll know it's baby!

#25 ·
AF - Cute bump and beautiful photograph.

Oh and Ravensong, I neglected to mention how much I love your pose/smile in your pic. Nice work.

I keep meaning to take some nice pictures, rather than the blurry self-done iphone shots I keep snapping. Maybe I'll get DH to help me with that now...

#26 ·
I love seeing everyone's bumps!

I'm not due until the very end of April so I'm only 10.5 weeks now and I am impatiently waiting for my bump to develop! I actually feel like I have less of a tummy that I did a week or two ago, I think it's because I'm less bloated. If it weren't for my pants getting a bit tight (and huge boobs), I wouldn't know at all that there's something growing in there!

When I have a proper bump I will post a pic! Hopefully that will happen in the next week or two, but this is my first pregnancy so who knows?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.