Weekly chat thread 9/2-9/9 - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 09-08-2011, 11:59 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I just caught up on the weekly chat. It looks like many of us are experiencing less ms. Me too. I'm all for that! Typically mine lasts until 16 weeks. I just hope that it doesn't come back! I'm still extremely tired though. I could take several naps a day. I don't remember ever being this tired before.

Tomorrow I have my first appointment with a new doctor. I haven't ever gone in this early but I  have to start getting my e antigen antibody levels checked. Hearing the heartbeat would be fantastic too. The earliest I've heard it in the past is 11 weeks and it took a lil while to find it.

I feel like I might be able to relax after the end of next week. One of my sisters is getting married and I've been busy knitting 6 boleros for her and her attendants. I'm getting tired of this pattern for sure :) DH and I put our garden to sleep last weekend. There are just a couple of things left but now I dont' have that work lingering in the back of my mind constantly. I've found that when I get pregnant, most of my motivation goes out the window. This little babe came 6 months earlier than planned so I was really loving my get up and go self. Oh well :) I can't wait to meet our little baby!

I have a friend that lives out of state but we talk on the phone very often. She knows about my pregnancy because she is the one who convinced me that I should probably take a test. Anyway, She has 5 little ones and isn't sure if she wants another in the future. Every single time we talk she asks me how I'm doing and then says, "I am so glad that it's you and not me!" Once or twice was fine but it's gone a little past my limit. Some things just irk me and this is one of those things.

Okay, I'm dont venting!  I hope that all of you have a great rest of the week!

Married to DH 7 years and have three fantastic kiddos! DS 6, DD 4, and DS 2 ...... lo and behold another is on the way!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-08-2011, 01:31 PM

I've always wanted red hair, my cousin has it from her dad's side and it's beautiful! 

Here morning sickness seems to be hitting some.  It always hits in the evening though.  Last night I had to get up and check on my son and I felt so sick.  I didn't really have it with the last pregnancy.  I remember getting a little queasy if I was hungry, but eating about anything would help.  This time I can't eat about anything and have a finicky palate.  I had my first appointment today with a really friendly OB, it was just one of those prenatal care talk appointments.  I wanted a Midwife, but the practice in town had horrible ratings and the people who have used them that I know said they were rude and even called one of the ladies fat.  The other midwife isn't covered by our insurance and I can't afford her at all, I so wanted a home birth too.  We aren't even sure we'll still be in the area when the baby is born so it just wasn't worth it.  But a good hospital birth is possible! 

Mother to a crazy wonderful son born 7-11-09 and A very determined amazing daughter born 5-3-12!
Old 09-08-2011, 04:27 PM

Had my ultrasound today and it went well. Bub is measuring dead on perfect and we're thrilled. Pregnancy is now facebook official :)

Ashley, Pagan treehugger.gif mama to E (6/09) and my beautiful hbac.gif baby T (4/3/12)
Old 09-08-2011, 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RosieL View Post

I just have to say I LOVE MY BeBand (target's knock off of bella band). I wore a pair of pants today that I shouldn't have, but I didn't realize they were so uncomfortable until after I left the house. Swung by target, put on the band, and voila, PERFECT! banana.gif

Yay!  I'm going to try to cut the top off of a cami and use it the same way.  Fortunately, I lost a bit of weight before getting pg so my "big" pants are still fitting okay... but I know it's coming!

Quote:

Originally Posted by sunflwrmoonbeam View Post

Had my ultrasound today and it went well. Bub is measuring dead on perfect and we're thrilled. Pregnancy is now facebook official :)

Yay!  Pics?  I've been looking u/s pics online--its unreal that we've got one of those inside of us!

Old 09-09-2011, 06:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justKate View Post

Quote:

Yay!  I'm going to try to cut the top off of a cami and use it the same way.  Fortunately, I lost a bit of weight before getting pg so my "big" pants are still fitting okay... but I know it's coming!

Quote:

Yay!  Pics?  I've been looking u/s pics online--its unreal that we've got one of those inside of us!

I have two pair of pants from when I was 30lbs heavier, but those are too big still so I'm in-between. The cami cut-off is a brilliant idea.  

I've been having this "its unreal that we've got one of those inside of us!" reaction SO OFTEN. Craziness.

Married to my favorite man in '07. Our firstborn came along in April 2012 (HBC), and our second is on the way, due sometime in May 2014 (planning an HBAC).
Old 09-09-2011, 09:31 AM

I went to the mall yesterday and while I was there picked up a few maternity items.  I don't need a whole lot, but it was nice to buy a few new things for this pregnancy.  While I've slowly been leaking out the news, I haven't made it official, so I'm not going to start wearing maternity until I really have to, so I will just gaze at them for a few more weeks.  I didn't buy anything terribly "maternity," just some shirts and dresses, so even now while I'm in the in between awkward stage I can wear the things I bought.

I wish that I was getting my energy back.  I am so sick of being exhausted.  I have horses and it's like a major excursion just to get the energy to go out and feed them.  Blah! 

In other, totally sad news, my older sister who was 4 weeks farther along than me, started bleeding on the weekend and got an ultrasound this week.  Her baby didn't have a heart beat.  I am so sad about it.  We were so excited to be pregnant at the same time, and now I feel so bad.  I don't want to talk about my experiences or anything.  She's my best friend, so it's going to be really hard for a couple weeks.

"Well behaved women seldom make history." Laurel Ulrich   To make my mark I familybed2.gifnovaxnocirc.giffly-by-nursing2.giffemalesling.GIFhbac.gif waterbirth.jpgcd.gif adoptionheart-1.gif, among other things,  and try to live a sustainable, natural life. My brood includes DD1, DS1 2 and 3, and expecting another in Aug 2014. 
Old 09-09-2011, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivica2 View Post

hay ladies!

so i keep crazing salt, in particular, boilded eggs with salt, then as soon as i put it in my mouth i have to choke it down. yuck! any tips for something that tastes like salty protien without the texture of eggs?

Totally salt craving here too.  It seems to help my m/s.  I'm eating like a container of low fat cottage cheese a day. :-)

Old 09-09-2011, 10:13 AM

First 3 pregnancies were nearly m/s free.  Some aversions, bad gag reflex, but no real m/s.  I am vomiting 24 hours a day this time.  Couldn't sleep last night because I felt so bad.  Either this baby is giving me a run for my money already, or I am becoming a weenie. :-)

Sono earlier this week matched my dates (6w5d).  Sono done at 6w1d, showed 2 sacs, 1 heartbeat.  Back in 3-4 wks for repeat to see if one was non-viable, or just couldn't detect a heartbeat yet. 

Have not told anyone in our main loop yet.  I have talked with a couple friends that live far away.  We are waiting until we get that second sono so we feel good about what we are announcing.  Plus this was a surprise and we are still processing it. :)   I have decided if it is twins, my FB post will just be something like: Someone help me with some math...3+2 = 5, right?  Beyond that, my head is still in the sand (and toilet).

Old 09-09-2011, 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeChRi View Post

Sono earlier this week matched my dates (6w5d).  Sono done at 6w1d, showed 2 sacs, 1 heartbeat.  Back in 3-4 wks for repeat to see if one was non-viable, or just couldn't detect a heartbeat yet. 

Gosh, fingers crossed for you mama!  Very reasonable to think there could be a second heartbeat in a few weeks.  fingersx.gif

ETA: Wow, is the May 2012 DDC a social group instead of a DDC?  Are we the last official DDC ever?  How sad if so....

Old 09-09-2011, 11:39 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

jenyvangy hug2.gif I am so sorry about your sister. I am best friends with my sisters too and I can only imagine.  I know she will want your support and will appreciate your tender heart toward how she feels about talking/not talking about it.  It is very sad

justkate- I do think we are the last DDC.  it makes me sad but I am glad that I made it into one instead of missing it by a couple of months.  I already feel disoriented with this pg and I am glad I have the familiarity of DDCs for a while.  It is weird how attached I get to people I don't even know!

Dechiri- um yes I am downing the cottage cheese too like it is going out of style!  Hope you get to see a heart beat for both at your next appointment, how exciting and sorry for the intense ms!

adoremybabe- how did the appointment go? were you able to hear the heartbeat?  I can see where your friend is coming from but what a bummer to continuously exclaim her relief!  Maybe once and then move on!

well ds just walked out of his nap so on with the day! Luckily ms is letting up enough that I was able to go outside to the playground with him!

married to my love , in love with MJ born 1/18/10 and PJ born 4/6/12 waterbirth.jpg and now due with a surprise 11/14!
Old 09-09-2011, 01:06 PM

I had my appointment but my doc said that it would be too early to hear the heartbeat. I'm 9 weeks. I know that there are women here on MDC and other women in my life that have heard it this week but he was very confident in what  he had to say. The eraliest I've ever heard it was 11 weeks. I would have loved to hear it but I am okay with waitig another 4 weeks.

On another note, I had my first blood draw to moniter my e antigen antibody titers. I will have blood drawn every month. This gives me a bit of a reality check that there is pretty much a 50/50 chance that this little baby's life will be in danger. Our last little one did very well so I am trying not to think about it too much.... unless there is reason to think about it.

Anywho, I feel like crap again....  :)

Married to DH 7 years and have three fantastic kiddos! DS 6, DD 4, and DS 2 ...... lo and behold another is on the way!

Old 09-09-2011, 02:45 PM

jennyvangy, that is so sad about your sister. I can see how it would be really hard for her to see you pg, but hopefully you'll be a comfort to her...that can be hard to navigate. 

adoremybabe, I'm sorry, wish you didn't feel down.  Is there a chance they would let you stop by in two weeks to try to listen again, or will you just wait the 4 weeks?  Hopefully this will be a strong little one just like your last.

Old 09-10-2011, 01:13 PM

justKate, I'll wait until my next appointment to hear the heartbeat. I feel confident enough that everything is okay thus far. I'm more anxious about getting over my ms first. It's hard being utterly thrilled about a new baby when I despise the way that it makes me feel.

Old 09-11-2011, 05:56 AM

jenny, so sorry about your sister.

got a facebook message from the office lady at the birth center reminding me to make my first appt., and seeing as the appt in supposed to be in about a week, yeah I guess I should have done that already. I am kind of annoyed with them though b/c after my last baby was born I talked to the owning midwife and told her that I would love a job as a birth assistant and she said I was next in line. Just found out they have hired 2, one who knows NOTHING about birth and hasn't even had a kid. I know I wouldn't go to work right now, but still, I have wanted to work there for 2 years!

Courtney and Cree, baby made 3, added one more then there were 4, sakes alive, then we had 5, another in the mix now we have 6!

A Momma in love with her Little Women-Jewel Face, Jo Jo Bean, June Bug, and Sweet Coraline.

User Tag List