PAL (pregnancy after loss) Mamas ~ Let's chat! - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 69 Old 10-20-2011, 10:49 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi there Melissa! I don't know much about measurements except that I believe (the u/s tech told me this) they can be "off" by as much as a week...and it can vary by who is doing the scan, placement of the baby, etc...so try not to worry. I know it's hard.

Welcome though!

Living in a very large midwestern city with a wonderful guy, an AMAZING boy wonder, and 1 ancient cat. Missing our 2nd boy wonder, lost Feb 2011 during labor on his due date. Now possibly going back down the rabbit hole, with a BFP on 8/11/11, and a due date of April 10, 2012.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#62 of 69 Old 10-20-2011, 12:52 PM

Hi Melissa, I am glad that the baby is growing and has a good strong heart beat.  As for the measurements it could just be the position of the baby when they measure it.  I know with one of my US the baby was measuring a day or two behind but was kind of curved, so she could not get the best measurement.  The next US about a week later the baby measured ahead of my calculations but they baby was starighter.  The measurements are estimates and not set in stone.  They just try to make sure that the baby is growing.  They can tell more in teh second trimester and get better measurements as the baby is bigger and more defined.

ekandrmkb:  How are you feeling these days?  I am hoping that everything is good. 

AFM: I have another US 10/27 to check my cervix.  This is because the cervix was a little shorter than the week after the cerclage was placed.  Although they think it was just swelling.  I am hoping that if this one looks good I won't have to go back until closer to Thanksgiving.

Married to a great DH since 2001; Have a wonderful DS (01/09); Have one little angel angel.gif in Heaven (05/11 at 7wks); been TTC since 10/09. BFP pos.gif on 07/31/11 due April 14. Cerclage placed 9/30/11; at 33wks cervix down to 1cm  Scott Edward born 03/13/12 at 2:56am at 35wks 2 day. 

#63 of 69 Old 10-20-2011, 01:49 PM

Thank you both so much!  I know it's silly to worry, I don't even feel like I can call the doc or they would laugh!  I know there isn't logic to worry, but I also know that it's almost impossible not to.  Thanks for listening and understanding that! 

It's been so helpful just to read through everyone's recent posts, I feel like a weight is lifted, like there are other people who get it! 

Hope everyone is having a good Thursday.

~Melissa

#64 of 69 Old 10-21-2011, 10:29 AM

I am have been freaking out a bit the last few days. I think it is because I have been thinking about announcing it on facebook. I called my doctor and she is letting me come in to hear the heartbeat. I am so nervous but grateful. Keep your fingers crossed for me!! I am sure I am just being silly.

Everything is great! Our baby has a strong heartbeat. I was being silly but I feel so much better now!!

Me (34) DH (33) We are the proud parents to Rebecca (11) and we are all three excitedjumpers.gif to welcome our newest addition  stork-boy.gif April 20th.

#65 of 69 Old 10-21-2011, 01:06 PM

AnnaB77: Congratulations on hearing the heart beat.  It is always a relief when you can confirm the baby is still alive.  Here's to hoping for continued strong heartbeat. 

Married to a great DH since 2001; Have a wonderful DS (01/09); Have one little angel angel.gif in Heaven (05/11 at 7wks); been TTC since 10/09. BFP pos.gif on 07/31/11 due April 14. Cerclage placed 9/30/11; at 33wks cervix down to 1cm  Scott Edward born 03/13/12 at 2:56am at 35wks 2 day. 

#66 of 69 Old 10-21-2011, 08:48 PM

Congrats Anna!  Hope the relief lasts a bit. 

Tomorrow is 8 weeks for us, feels just a tiny bit safer.

#67 of 69 Old 10-23-2011, 01:46 PM

I had a missed miscarriage on 12/21/10 which was right on the heals of a death in the family so we were beyond grieving.  I didn't know a mmc existed and that I could have my poor baby just quietly die and me not even know it.  I was 12w5d when we went for a sono and found no heartbeat.  That baby had stopped growing between weeks 8-9.  So with this pregnancy, I was checking the TP for spotting, just waiting for a loss until about week 10.  I still didn't tell anyone except my boss at work (I had checks every 2 weeks so I told her why I kept having to leave work) until we got to week 13.  Now I'm 17 weeks and all our tests and signs point to very viable.  I'm still pretty sick most days which is supposedly a good sign too.  greensad.gif

I think I won't get a crisis out of my head until I hold this baby in my arms but I feel better now than I did before we passed the scary mark.  I know for some of you, birth was the scary part so just hang on.  I'm glad we can talk about this because it does feel like a taboo subject with most people.  I fully believe there is nothing worse than losing a child. 

Married since June 2009  fencing.gif

Expecting our first in early April 2012 stork-suprise.gif

#68 of 69 Old 10-24-2011, 10:47 AM

Thank you everyone for being so supportive!!

Gotrenzi- I am so sorry to hear about your loss. I also had a missed miscarriage in January. It was really hard at first for us to get excited about this baby but we finally have. I have an awesome doctor that will let me come in and hear the heartbeat whenever I need to which really helps. Do you have a good support system? I agree about the subject being taboo. I fell like when i say "When I was pregnant before..." people get really quiet like I should not ever talk about "that pregnancy." I do it anyway. I think it is important for my own well being. smile.gif

Do you think you will feel more secure when you feel the baby move all the time? I am looking forward to the hourly confirmations!!

I hope you continue to use this thread. I have found that the ladies here understand even when what I think is silly and irrational to everyone else.

Me (34) DH (33) We are the proud parents to Rebecca (11) and we are all three excitedjumpers.gif to welcome our newest addition  stork-boy.gif April 20th.

#69 of 69 Old 10-24-2011, 12:48 PM

Gotrenzi -sorry to hear about your loss. I understand how you feel and it can be isolating when others don't. Like you, I am finding it difficult to tell people. I agree, the panic probably won't subside until we are holding out babies in our arms. 

One friend told me today to calm down but she has three children and never had a miscarriage or a pregnancy scare so I don't think she really gets it. AT 15 weeks I am past the first trimester and usually women calm down by this stage but my miscarriage was in the 2nd trimester so although I am glad to be in the 2nd trimester I don't consider it a sign of anything.

I had a dr's appt today and that brought up a lot of anxiety for me before the appt. Everything was fine and baby was measuring correct size, etc, nice heartbeat but my head got filled with nonsense before the appt! and that was after 1.5hrs of yoga and deep breathing. LOL. I can't even imagine the state I would have been in without the yoga. 

Good luck for the rest of your pregnancy. Feel free to share here whenever you need. 

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page