bleeding after pelvic exam... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 16 Old 09-13-2011, 01:23 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

So I had my 1st midwife apt. yesterday and I was so excited.  I refused the pap smear for fear of bleeding but let her do a pelvic exam to check where uterus was etc.  She clearly told me that I should not bleed from this procedure.  Afterwards she tried to find the heartbeat with the doppler, but failed to do so.  I am just barely 10 weeks, so she said that she wasn't worried, of course I was disappointed.  When I got home I started to have bleeding after I wiped.  I decided to wait to see if it went away on it's own, but today, over 24hrs later, it seems to be worse, with even a few small clots in it.  The bleeding paired with the no heartbeat has me completely panicked, I called and have an ultrasound set up for 7:30 AM tomorrow, but I don't know how to relax in the meantime.  I just needed to share, I am just in shock right now that this could be happening to me.  Thanks for listening...

Happy Wifey to DH tiphat.gifand loving Momma to DS1 superhero.gif 4yrs and DS2  babyboy.gif 6 months

#2 of 16 Old 09-13-2011, 01:34 PM

Oh mama, that is scary.  hug2.gif  Lots of sticky thoughts for you.

When you say pelvic exam, do you mean she just felt your abdomen?  That would be really strange for that to cause bleeding.

#3 of 16 Old 09-13-2011, 02:21 PM

Oh my. I hope that everything turns out all right with you and your baby!

Married to DH 7 years and have three fantastic kiddos! DS 6, DD 4, and DS 2 ...... lo and behold another is on the way!

#4 of 16 Old 09-13-2011, 04:23 PM - Thread Starter

It was an internal exam.

Happy Wifey to DH tiphat.gifand loving Momma to DS1 superhero.gif 4yrs and DS2  babyboy.gif 6 months

#5 of 16 Old 09-13-2011, 05:18 PM

I'm going to put my money on "you're okay and baby is fine."  Just because you didn't have the pap doesn't mean the speculum didn't scratch something, and with the increased blood volume/blood flow, it would make sense that you might bleed some.  Everyone's different, right?  Hopefully it has stopped by now.  I'm anxious to hear what your midwife says, keep us posted...

hug2.gif

#6 of 16 Old 09-13-2011, 06:26 PM

I bleed like crazy if anyone pokes around in there while I'm pregnant. I react very strongly to latex gloves. I get clots and everything. But it's all cervical, not baby.

One happy momma joy.gif to a very spirited little girl dust.gif, her tough little brother superhero.gif, and a happy little suprise late April 2012 stork-suprise.gif. Wife to an overworked and under paid husband geek.gif.

#7 of 16 Old 09-14-2011, 06:16 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Oh, mama.  Let us know how the u/s goes.  Thinking of you  hug2.gif

homeschooling, earth loving Mama to 3 crazy, wonderful boys, ages 10 & 7, & 3 mos.,3 spirit babies                                Inch by inch, row by row.  Gonna make this garden grow  
#8 of 16 Old 09-14-2011, 08:04 AM

hope you are doing ok! Keep us updated please. 

familybed2.gif mama to dd energy.gifborn 8/08 and dd fly-by-nursing2.gif born 4/12 uc.jpg and one crazy dog2.gif oh and one loving dh dh_malesling.GIF

#9 of 16 Old 09-14-2011, 05:00 PM - Thread Starter

Large clots started early this morning and continued- I knew it wasn't good.  It turned out the baby stopped growing at about 6.5 weeks.  Thanks for all the support and kinds words, I will think of you guys often.

#10 of 16 Old 09-14-2011, 05:42 PM

I am so very sorry for your loss. hug2.gifcandle.gif  

Wendy,loving wife to Brian, happy mama of Trinity(15), Christian(15), Gavin(13), Logan(11), Griffon(9),Jubilee(7), Epiphany (4), and Lucian Danger( born 18 April 12) <3
#11 of 16 Old 09-14-2011, 06:07 PM

I'm sorry to hear that. Peace to you.

Believing, doting, simplifying, caffeinating, baking, midwife in training, and mothering like a dirty hippie. tea6.gif

baby.gif #3 due in April!

#12 of 16 Old 09-14-2011, 06:29 PM

I'm so, so sorry.

#13 of 16 Old 09-14-2011, 08:28 PM

I'm so sorry.

One happy momma joy.gif to a very spirited little girl dust.gif, her tough little brother superhero.gif, and a happy little suprise late April 2012 stork-suprise.gif. Wife to an overworked and under paid husband geek.gif.

#14 of 16 Old 09-14-2011, 09:05 PM

So sorry!!

My cup overflows with a wonderful husband and two beautiful daughters and another on the way in April 2012! 

#15 of 16 Old 09-15-2011, 05:03 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

oh, mama, I am so sorry for your loss.  Try to take it easy.  When I had a m/c last time, I watched some cheesy romantic comedies and it helped pass the time.  So sorry hug2.gifcandle.gif

homeschooling, earth loving Mama to 3 crazy, wonderful boys, ages 10 & 7, & 3 mos.,3 spirit babies                                Inch by inch, row by row.  Gonna make this garden grow  
#16 of 16 Old 09-15-2011, 04:25 PM

Oh mama, I'm so sorry.  I hope that my previous post wasn't taken as making light of it--I just didn't want you to worry.  I hope you can find peace and comfort.  We will think of you too.  Lots of healing thoughts going out to you.  hug2.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page