Wish you were real.... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 13 Old 09-14-2011, 07:59 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I am living abroad and I don't have any friends here :( Im finding it really hard to connect. 

I so wish you all were real. I mean like real-life-HERE people (I know you are real someplace). I wish I had a friend who was open minded as you all and I could talk to and trust. This DDC is fine- but its not the same as sitting together and seeing a face, a smile, a laugh. 

ho hum.... At least i have the internet......

homescholing traveling mama of two ('08 and '12) expecting May 2015!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 13 Old 09-14-2011, 08:22 AM

I wish I had real life people to talk to too. In fact, I was just researching what groups there are in my area (very few, which is sad since we have a ton of kids and are known to attract young families gloomy.gif). Where are you living, if I may ask? I am always interested in learning about new places around the world and I have friends in several countries.

#3 of 13 Old 09-14-2011, 08:56 AM - Thread Starter

I am in Denmark.

#4 of 13 Old 09-14-2011, 09:02 AM

Cool! I'm in Canada. smile.gif

#5 of 13 Old 09-14-2011, 10:39 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

sorry Mommas, that sucks. Wish I was in Denmark though, that'd be cool and we could hang out.

Courtney and Cree, baby made 3, added one more then there were 4, sakes alive, then we had 5, another in the mix now we have 6!

A Momma in love with her Little Women-Jewel Face, Jo Jo Bean, June Bug, and Sweet Coraline.

#6 of 13 Old 09-14-2011, 10:41 AM - Thread Starter

ah- denmark isn't so cool right now. It rains every single day. Its to windy to do anything on the porch. 

Canada- thats cool. What are you going to do to stay active this winter?

#7 of 13 Old 09-14-2011, 10:49 AM

I have no idea greensad.gif I hate winter here. Its so COLD cold.gif and we get so much snow that I never want to do anything. And I have no idea how I will find a winter coat to cover a pregnant belly, because we seem to have very little available here. I plan to get other things when I visit my husband's family in the states in October, but they don't get the same cold we do.

#8 of 13 Old 09-14-2011, 10:55 AM

I know what you mean! We moved here (NY) last October and I feel like I am finally getting to the place that I am forming friendships, I went on all the mom websites blah blah blah.  Even with that, there is only one mama that I feel like we connect on a deeper level of similar approaches to parenting and birthing.  She is so encouraging!  I am hoping you can find a real life friend soon, it really makes a huge difference!

married to my love , in love with MJ born 1/18/10 and PJ born 4/6/12 waterbirth.jpg and now due with a surprise 11/14!
#9 of 13 Old 09-15-2011, 08:02 AM

ItsyBitsy - I'm sorry!  I have friends here, but the majority are all older, like *my* grandparent's age.  We are friends w/ one family who had 5 kids.  DD stays after school w/ them, she is BFFs w/ their younges DS who is the same age.  Most folks I meet my age still act like wild teenagers and are very mainstream RE birth/child rearing.  Which is why I tend to hang w/ the old-fashioned crowd, lol.  There is an AP group about 40 miles from me that meets for playdates, but I work outside the home, and can't make it to those.  We could totally hang out and get coffee and pastries and talk about growing pains if we were both in Denmark!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dealic View Post

I have no idea greensad.gif I hate winter here. Its so COLD cold.gif and we get so much snow that I never want to do anything. And I have no idea how I will find a winter coat to cover a pregnant belly, because we seem to have very little available here. I plan to get other things when I visit my husband's family in the states in October, but they don't get the same cold we do.

Come to MI for your winter apparel!  We get those terribly bitter winters here, so even walmart has good coats and hats and gloves. 

~Christy crochetsmilie.gif, mom to DD Sage (12-2003) joy.gif and DS Isaac (04-2012)  babyboy.gif, wife to Josh geek.gif.

#10 of 13 Old 09-15-2011, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christy1980 View Post

Come to MI for your winter apparel!  We get those terribly bitter winters here, so even walmart has good coats and hats and gloves. 

You do have cold winters, I know that. Unfortunately, you are in the opposite direction than we are going. I am sure I will find something though. I learned that there is a Moms of Multiples sale going on next weekend (they do it twice yearly and its highly recommended) and they have maternity clothes so I am hoping for a few good scores.

#11 of 13 Old 09-15-2011, 09:03 AM

In M.I were I live we can get 300in plus of snow. We do tons of stuff w the kids sledding, I go x counrty skiing, even when pregnant, and ride my horse. Just have to learn how to have fun in the white stuff. Oh winter coat, carharts come in really big sizes, mine covers a pregnant belly, and not to $ and they are warm.

Midwife & Mom to Gracen 9 luxlove.gif, Avery 6joy.gif Urijah 4superhero.gif Greta Sue, 9-9-10babyf.gifuc.jpg  Oh Baby! 1sttri.gif Due in April

#12 of 13 Old 09-15-2011, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by babycatcher01 View Post

In M.I were I live we can get 300in plus of snow. We do tons of stuff w the kids sledding, I go x counrty skiing, even when pregnant, and ride my horse. Just have to learn how to have fun in the white stuff. Oh winter coat, carharts come in really big sizes, mine covers a pregnant belly, and not to $ and they are warm.

Da UP gets all da snow, eh?  Holy Wah!!  winky.gif  LOL!!  We're on the LP, eastern side on Lake Huron in Standish.  We get our fair share w/ the lake effect snow.  I'll probably be in DH's old carharts since he lost a bunch of weight and can't wear them anymore, lol.  We love to sled, and we do redneck sledding, where DH pulls us behind his suzuki samurai on the sled, (we have a 2 acre back yard).  DD loves the snow.  She learned the fine art of tunnel making last year, lol.

~Christy crochetsmilie.gif, mom to DD Sage (12-2003) joy.gif and DS Isaac (04-2012)  babyboy.gif, wife to Josh geek.gif.

#13 of 13 Old 09-17-2011, 05:20 PM

Last year, we went to visit my husband's family for Christmas. He's from NH. He was convinced our winters were like his until he moved here. Now he finally sees my point. By Christmas last year, we had gotten 6 feet of snow. The FIRST snowfall of the year was 3 feet in 24 hours, then it didn't stop for a week and we got another foot or 2.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page