my bump has disappeared! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 09-15-2011, 05:20 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

2 weeks ago i was very proud of my growing bump and i was boasting that my baby will probably be huge as its growing so quick. i am now 11.5 weeks and my tummy has gone completely flat! its as flat as it was before i even got pregnant. this is my second baby so i should be showing earlier. im scared my baby has disappeared. my scan is not for another week gloomy.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 9 Old 09-15-2011, 05:36 AM

hug2.gif Maybe you were feeling something besides a bump?  And 9.5 weeks it wouldn't be much over your pubic bone.  Are you noticing any other symptoms?

Me = Healer, yogini, lactivist, step-mom, and wife to my dream come true joy.gif So grateful-- baby #1 April 2012

#3 of 9 Old 09-15-2011, 05:42 AM - Thread Starter

the only other thing which is worrying is my morning sickness came to a sudden stop as my tummy went flat, although im trying not to worry about it too much as it should be stopping around now anyway. i think i worry more because of my losses in the past. its just that a week ago i looked pregnant and now i dont. i just hope it comes back. x

#4 of 9 Old 09-15-2011, 09:10 AM

I came here to post about the very same thing.  I understand how you're feeling.  Over the last 2 days my growing belly seems to have disappeared and having had a loss, I'm scared.  Sure it could be nothing but I need some reassurance since I only felt 1 week of nausea (had none with my girls but had at least 3-4weeks last pregnancy) and my breasts don't hurt as much.  For awhile I even felt reassured because my belly didn't seem to be growing as big as last pregnancy; the placenta was much too large than it should've been and I think that played a role in the loss and how fast my belly grew, there was more placenta than baby.  Maybe I just had a lot of bloating that's gone away???  Wish I knew if everything will be okay.

Tanya treehugger.gif DH-Brian, DD Adri (8), DD Izzy (7), DS Ollie angel.gif (1/5/11 @ 17 weeks) and our rainbow1284.gif baby due April 12th, 2012.

Of all the lessons I did not learn as a child, or even as an adult; I learn through being, mother to my children. Through love and through pain, we are delivered and blessed!

#5 of 9 Old 09-15-2011, 11:52 AM

My vote is the disappearing bloat.  This is #4 for me, and with the first 3, I got big quick then it disappeared around 9-11 weeks, then around 12-14 weeks, BAM...belly back. :-) 

#6 of 9 Old 09-15-2011, 01:36 PM

I've heard that with bloat it'll be there, then go down and then you'll have a belly pop in.  So maybe you're just about to pop!

Mother to a crazy wonderful son born 7-11-09 and A very determined amazing daughter born 5-3-12!
#7 of 9 Old 09-15-2011, 02:16 PM

Thanks for some reassurance ladies.  Trying to take it easy and not worry so much...which can be difficult when you love so much ;)

Tanya treehugger.gif DH-Brian, DD Adri (8), DD Izzy (7), DS Ollie angel.gif (1/5/11 @ 17 weeks) and our rainbow1284.gif baby due April 12th, 2012.

Of all the lessons I did not learn as a child, or even as an adult; I learn through being, mother to my children. Through love and through pain, we are delivered and blessed!

#8 of 9 Old 09-15-2011, 04:09 PM - Thread Starter

ahhhh. feel so much better now. thanks so much girls xxx

#9 of 9 Old 09-17-2011, 02:57 AM

I'm struggling to relax and enjoy this so far too!  I haven't had a loss-- my best friend did recently.  I just feel like I won't take a big sigh of relief until I get through this first trimester.  I wish I could just trust that everything would be ok!

Me = Healer, yogini, lactivist, step-mom, and wife to my dream come true joy.gif So grateful-- baby #1 April 2012

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page