DS didn't believe us when we told him I am pregnant!! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 09-16-2011, 09:29 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I thought some of you could get a little chuckle out of this. 

So we told DS(two weeks shy of 8) that he was going to have a little brother or sister in April.  We asked him how he felt and he was worried about keeping all his toys out of the babies reach (lets be honest, I'm worried about that toosmile.gif)  that was all he had to say.  Normally he likes to digest things and then will come back in a few days with questions.

A few days later I said something to DH about Vaccines (doing my research now to get him on board with delaying/non vaxing) and DS piped in with I don't know why you are even talking about this, mom's not even pregnant.  jaw2.gifWhen we asked him why he thought that he replyed all pregnant people have huge bellys, and you don't. (ok fair enough, even though my jeans no longer fit he wouldn't notice that)  We explained that a baby starts out very small and grows slowly, similar to him.  Last year he was several inches shorter and now he is almost as tall as me (yes I'm short)  He listened to our explination and gave us his we'll just have to agree to disagree look. DH and I still talk about Baby around him.  I don't want to pull him out of school to go to the dr with me, so I think we will just have to wait until my belly starts expanding, which lets be honest will be soon because I'm so short there is nowhere for baby to go but out!

I just thought some of you could get a little laugh out of my very indepent thinking child.

Mom knit.gif to DS 8y/obikenew.gif  10/11  angel1.gif   

2/1/12   pos.gif Yay!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 3 Old 09-17-2011, 05:39 AM

Thanks for sharing! He sounds like he's a skeptical, self-thinking little guy. Awesome!

Edit: well, maybe he's not "little" but you know what I mean.

Married to my favorite man in '07. Our firstborn came along in April 2012 (HBC), and our second is on the way, due sometime in May 2014 (planning an HBAC).
#3 of 3 Old 09-17-2011, 01:56 PM

You are either raising a scientist or a philosopher.  :)  Great little vignette; thanks for sharing.  I can't wait to tell my boys (5 and 3).  I am pretty sure they will have note-worthy reactions.

Distraction is not the same thing as play.
Be part of the diaper free revolution. 

DS1, 6 years.  DS2, 4 years.  DS3, brand new!  (April 2012)

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page