Trouble with vision. Is it a worry? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 09-17-2011, 12:20 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Within the last 15-20 minutes my vision has taken a turn. If you can imagine, while reading, a normal person can see several words in a line at once if not a whole sentence. Just now I am only able to see what is at the center of my focus. The rest of the image isn't grey or black but I can't focus on it unless I look directly at it. I don't ever remember this happening in the past. Do you think that this is something that I should be concerned about immediately or would you rest your eyes for a while and then reacess?

I have been having a harder time with my seasonal allergies today. I am sneezing a lot, and have head congestion with a mild headache. Maybe that is the cause.

Married to DH 7 years and have three fantastic kiddos! DS 6, DD 4, and DS 2 ...... lo and behold another is on the way!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-17-2011, 02:30 PM

When I got LASIK I learned a lot about how the eye can react in pregnancy. Specifically, the amount of fluid in and around the eye can change, and with extra mucus going on it sounds like that could easily be the culprit. It's probably something I'd mention to my midwife next time I saw her, or if it persists to the point where you are having trouble doing normal things. I know a friend who had to get prescription glasses for pregnancy. :-/

Married to my favorite man in '07. Our firstborn came along in April 2012 (HBC), and our second is on the way, due sometime in May 2014 (planning an HBAC).
Old 09-17-2011, 04:05 PM

this is what happens to me when i get a migraine. migraines are very common in early pregnancy. if its followed by headache or/and pins and needles in the hands its probably a migraine. unfortunately there is no migraine medication for pregnant ladies. i just lay in a dark room and keep my head cool and hope for the best. xx

Old 09-17-2011, 07:37 PM - Thread Starter

It passed within an hour but it was bad enough that it wouldn't have been safe for me to drive. I still have a mild headache so it's not a migraine. I had one of those a few weeks back. Thank you for your input. I will just make a note of it for now and mention it to my OB just incase. It will be interesting to see if it happens agian

Married to DH 7 years and have three fantastic kiddos! DS 6, DD 4, and DS 2 ...... lo and behold another is on the way!

Old 09-17-2011, 07:54 PM

Definitely mention it to your OB. A woman in my mom's club started having vision trouble in the second trimester and it was indicative of a serious problem (not pre-eclampsia, but something with pressure). It's been improving but I know that she was looking at maybe having to go for a scheduled c-section rather than a natural birth. I wish I knew the outcome, but either way, definitely worth mentioning as it could be serious.

Ashley, Pagan treehugger.gif mama to E (6/09) and my beautiful hbac.gif baby T (4/3/12)
Old 09-18-2011, 05:52 AM - Thread Starter

It happened again late last night. I will probably call my OB's office tomorrow morning and mention it.

Old 09-19-2011, 01:24 PM

Let us know what they say. I'm curious. I hope it isn't bothering you too much.

Married to my favorite man in '07. Our firstborn came along in April 2012 (HBC), and our second is on the way, due sometime in May 2014 (planning an HBAC).
Old 09-19-2011, 01:38 PM - Thread Starter

I haven't had any trouble since Saturday. No headaches either. It will be interesting to see what happens if I get another headache.

I spoke with the nurse this morning and she relayed a message from my OB. I am to keep a diary of any issues and if my eye troubles reoccur, I have to call them.

Hopefully it was a one time thing and that is that!

Thanks for inquiring Rosie!

User Tag List