Weekly chat thread 9/17-9/24 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 44 Old 09-17-2011, 12:26 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Hi ladies! hope everyone is feeling an upswing in energy!  I am not there yet but on the way.  Looking forward to my next mw appt in two weeks. didn't hear the heart beat this time and she asked if my uterus was tipped.  I don't remember it being tipped w DS but it definitely shows when I am standing but not when I am lying down, is that normal?  It kind of seems like it tucks in and hides when I lie down.

My sister and BIL are visiting with my two nephews this weekend and it is all out fun!  I am enjoying it but it shows me just how little energy I have at some times!

married to my love , in love with MJ born 1/18/10 and PJ born 4/6/12 waterbirth.jpg and now due with a surprise 11/14!
#2 of 44 Old 09-17-2011, 12:31 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

No additional energy for me yet.

It is normal for the uterus to "tuck in" a little, but also it is possible for the position of the uterus to vary at different points, so it is possible.

Enjoy the visit with family.

Brande: Mama of 5 and perpetual student.

#3 of 44 Old 09-17-2011, 12:56 PM

No heartbeat for us either; our appt was at 9.5 weeks.  Pretty early, but I was crazy excited anyway.

My big issue right now is what I remember from my previous two pregnancies around this time-- I am so tired of thinking about food.  Here's the problem:  I either want something that is not immediately available, or I am disgusted by something that is.  What this leads to is a lot of cooking-- I get a hankering for something specific, and it sounds so wonderful that I make a HUGE batch of it.  And then I have to keep from gagging the next day when I think about the left overs in the fridge.  Thank goodness DH loves leftovers.  So far (and I am only 10 weeks along) this has happened with:

fried chicken

beef stew

potato leek soup

peach porkchops

homemade bread (generally, I can't stand bread this pregnancy, but this was an exception that is now going stale on the countertop)

breakfast burrito filling

I need to just start cooking in smaller batches.  ;)

Distraction is not the same thing as play.
Be part of the diaper free revolution. 

DS1, 6 years.  DS2, 4 years.  DS3, brand new!  (April 2012)

#4 of 44 Old 09-17-2011, 03:53 PM

I like this uterus position talk. When I saw my FNP last week, I remembered that I do have a retroverted uterus. Maybe that is why I am not feeling my fundus yet? I am just 10 weeks.

Aletheia- I am with you on the food thing. I keep having to throw food away, which I HATE doing. But it just doesn't sound good anymore. Today we made and canned 12 qts of spaghetti sauce. I had an almost full 13th quart. We could have had that for supper. But there was no way I was going to eat spaghetti after smelling it all day. I put the sauce in the freezer and had a bacon sandwich for dinner. I cooked the bacon outside on a burner on the side of our grill so it didn't stink the house up!

Mom to Sam (3/2007), Bekah (4/2009)hbac.gif, Jedidiah (4/2012)hbac.gif, and expecting #4 in March!
#5 of 44 Old 09-17-2011, 08:32 PM

Aletheia and Mom2SammyJoe I hear you about the food hate too.  It's the primary way I know I'm still pregnant!  Wake up--do I hate food?  Yes?  OK good.  But it's horrible for coming up with any ideas to actually eat.  I'm really hoping I'm getting enough nutrients in and that I can make up for it down the line.  

My husband is paleo/primal, like, NO carbs except from veggies to control his Type II diabetes (which works for him!) but I can't STAND the idea of meat right now and veggies aren't real high on my list either.  I'm GFCF but have been eating some dairy with tons of digestive enzymes and tolerating it pretty well, just to get some more protein in.  Thankfully, DH is taking care of his meals and between the two of us we can keep DD in food, but I'm struggling with ideas for myself.  If I DO come up with something, it's like you all said--good for perhaps one meal and then I don't want to look at it again.  So I don't do a lot 'just for me' unless it's some kind of carry-out food.  And the smells...ugh.  I hope this passes soon--I'll be starting week 13 this Thurs. so really hoping there's a corner to turn soon (there wasn't with DD).

Unschooling mama alongside DH (05/01) to DD (5/05).  Expecting #2 spring 2012!

#6 of 44 Old 09-18-2011, 04:58 AM

Aletheia - Homemade bread! I wasn't yet making our bread during my last pregnancy so I found it very suprising that I couldn't stand the taste of my bread this time. I feel so strange buying it from the grocery store.

Married to DH 7 years and have three fantastic kiddos! DS 6, DD 4, and DS 2 ...... lo and behold another is on the way!

#7 of 44 Old 09-18-2011, 07:03 PM

I am so glad you guys are with me on the food thing.  That makes me feel less like a crazy person.  Allow me to tell you a story from my day?

We went to try a new church, and at the beginning of the service we found out the parish was having a potluck picnic directly afterwards.  I was excited to learn more about the church by talking to the parishioners, so I spent a lot of mental energy trying to make the smell of grilling hotdogs palatable.  By the end of Mass, I was more than ready to face The Hotdog Smell.  In fact, I was darn hungry, and had decided I didn't much care what it was I ate, I needed to eat.  I assumed my husband was on board with the whole deal, since we were looking at churches, we had a babysitter with the boys, and she was going to be with them for an hour after church so we could get something to eat.

So I dragged him through the "Ministry Fair" looking at the various activities of the church, and then started to head towards the food.  Turns out, DH had no intention of hanging around and eating.  Often he doesn't feel super social, but this was a surprise and as the priest invited us to stay, he said, "oh thanks, we'd love to, but we have to get home to relieve the babysitter." 

Gar! 

So we get in the car, and I remind him that the babysitter is at our house for another 40 mnutes until her dad picks her up.  I convince him to take me to a restaurant.  I am stark raving hungry, and a two egg breakfast with hashbrowns has been on my "ok list" this pregnancy. 

In the end, we end up FINALLY getting a table and then figuring out that there is no way that we can eat in the remaining 25 minutes before we need to be home.  I call the babysitter three times with no answer to try to arrange for taking her home late.  I call her mom with no answer.  And I realize that my husband has been afraid of talking sense about the time to me because he knows I am The Crazy Determined Pregnant Lady Who Needs Hashbrowns.  In the end, I am starting to cry at our table because I am looking at the menu and can't have the things I want because we don't have time and I have to order (sob) a PASTRY (gag!). 

Who am I?  Did I really have a mini-meltdown in public over hashbrowns?  You bet. 

(And then later that day I went grocery shopping without my wallet, which I discovered after they rang up my over $100 worth of groceries.)

Distraction is not the same thing as play.
Be part of the diaper free revolution. 

DS1, 6 years.  DS2, 4 years.  DS3, brand new!  (April 2012)

#8 of 44 Old 09-18-2011, 07:21 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Lol, great story, and yes, I am that determined preggo too!  I really want some hashbrowns and have yet to find some decent ones in the neighborhood, where are some good southern hashbrowns in NY???  I want that, sausage, bacon, and eggs.  And...I have been a vegetarian for five years so it has been interesting to intensely crave meat...I am searching for a good philly steak and cheese right now for tomorrow's lunch!

Unfortunately, I have NO desire to cook.  Not a great way to be when I am all of a sudden starving, gagging, and just plain tired of not liking food but having to think about eating all the time!

married to my love , in love with MJ born 1/18/10 and PJ born 4/6/12 waterbirth.jpg and now due with a surprise 11/14!
#9 of 44 Old 09-19-2011, 04:50 AM

Aletheia, I'm with you. Earlier on I had "food panics." Episodes where I went from "a bit peckish" to "I will kill someone if they don't give me food right now" in about five minutes. It was so strange. 

We haven't been cooking much for a couple weeks. Pulling together things here and there and getting way too much take-out. This weekend I was determined to cook. I chose a couple highly spiced indian dishes and cooked them to my heart's content. I can't stand a regular piece of meat at the moment, but I'm extremely excited for curried, spiced, and spicy dishes. Yum!

Married to my favorite man in '07. Our firstborn came along in April 2012 (HBC), and our second is on the way, due sometime in May 2014 (planning an HBAC).
#10 of 44 Old 09-19-2011, 06:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RosieL View Post

Aletheia, I'm with you. Earlier on I had "food panics." Episodes where I went from "a bit peckish" to "I will kill someone if they don't give me food right now" in about five minutes. It was so strange.

OMG this is me!

#11 of 44 Old 09-19-2011, 06:48 AM

So far this pregnancy has been really hard for me food-wise. Nothing sounds good most of the time and even water has made me feel ill. Occasionally, something sounds good, like a caramel apple or a cheeseburger without onions but extra pickles, but the craving never lasts more than a couple days at most. I think I'm driving DH to distraction with him trying desperately to find me something that I will eat. Hopefully this will pass quickly for all of us and we can actually eat again without fear of ms taking over. 

Wife to Geof reading.gif (4/10), Mom to Connorbabyf.gif(7/14/10) and Cayleigh babygirl.gif (4/20/12). Living with Factor V Leiden (7/12).

#12 of 44 Old 09-19-2011, 08:15 AM

Hi All,

I'm still sleeping 15 hours a day, so no energy over here yet.  I'm so happy that DS is in school cause I wake up pack a lunch, send him on his way and crawl back into bed.  (He eats with DH before he goes to work)

As for the food thing I'm loving my mash potatos like a crazy person.  and I can't stand the smell of onions (which is NOT normal for me).  I can eat them as long as I can't smell them.  Example A:  We went out to dinner with friends and I ordered the perogies (Which I LOVE!!!) and I forgot they came with onions.  well the cook apparently was being nice and gave me an extra heaping pile of them.  When the server put the plate infront of me I almost tossed my cookies right there.  I closed my eyes and took deep breaths through my mouth hoping for the best.  DH looked over and thank goodness figured out the problem and removed the onions to somewhere else where I couldn't smell them anymore.  The rest of dinner was awesome though.  It's weird how some things I like can be like the devil!

Mom knit.gif to DS 8y/obikenew.gif  10/11  angel1.gif   

2/1/12   pos.gif Yay!!

#13 of 44 Old 09-19-2011, 08:15 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)

Bela--have you tried putting some lemon in your water or making weak iced mint tea instead? Regular water tastes gross to me, but a little flavoring helps a lot!

Aletheia--Oh, no! I'm so sorry to hear about hte food breakdown--I always plan ahead for eating since I turn into a crazy, raging pile of hormones if I don't eat regularly even when I'm not pregnant. My wife has learned to just feed me frequently and not argue when I say I want food.

My specific cravings seem to be easing up and now I want weird things for a short period of time (pudding! toaster strudel! SUGAR!) which is weird because I couldn't eat sugar at all before. Oh well, so much for my cottage cheese and veggie pregnancy. I also can't eat very much--I got a nice skillet for breakfast yesterday that came with two little pancakes--I ate those first (sugar!) and then could only eat about 6 bites of the skillet itself. greensad.gif Not much more energy, alas, although I feel like it's on it's way. At least I hope so. We had a bunch of ladies with little babies over to our house yesterday and I noticed that whenever their babies started crying to be nursed my nipples started hurting. It was very strange--I wonder if they were practicing their let down response. Nice to hold so many little ones, though, and see what I have to look forward to!

She's here!
And so are the boys!
#14 of 44 Old 09-19-2011, 08:55 AM

I'm having an aversion to sugar as well which is VERY strange for me as I have a terrible sweet tooth.  I must say though that I have been craving those reeses peanut butter pumpkins the last couple of days.  I actually sent DH out to the drugstore after dinner last night to get me one =)  Carbs seem to be doing well with me lately.  I feel like my MS is subsiding but still not completely gone and I feel full very quickly.  We are almost out of the first trimester, thank goodness!  I have my first midwife appt. tomorrow, I'm looking forward to hearing this little one again.  

DS 12/08/09

DD 04/20/12

#15 of 44 Old 09-19-2011, 09:21 AM

I hate complaining, because I know it could be so much worse, but I'm so sick of feeling crappy.  I haven't puked at all, but I just constantly feel gross, and NOTHING tastes good, so I end up eating crap most of the time.  My DH just lost 50 lbs, so I'm feeling guilty for eating so terribly, because he inevitable does the same.  I wish I had the energy and will power to do better, but I just can't right now. 

On a better note, I do feel energy coming back. I spent Saturday hauling, saddling and riding horses.  I took out my parents, DH and four friends for a day long trail ride, and I was surprised that I was still sitting by the end of it.  I guess getting out and doing something helps, but it's just so hard most mornings.  The funniest part was, I got off at the end and my hips really hurt.  My hips have never hurt while riding, and I've done it my whole life.  I was trying to figure out what I did wrong, like if my stirrups were too short, or my saddle was off center.  Finally it dawned on me that it's just my joints loosening up for birth, and stretching out on a horse all day just made it bad. I almost forgot I was pregnant for the day. 

I have my first MW appointment on Wednesday, after which, if all is well, I'm going to go public.  I think I'll just put it on my blog and let it spread.  I'm not much into FB announcements, but maybe I'll link to my blog there and then people who would bother looking at it will do so.  This weekend I must have been showing more than I think, because I went to a party at my church and of the 100+ people I knew there, many of the women pulled the, "So... how's it going?" While glancing at my stomach. But, three Haitian women who are part of my congregation all came up to me and without hesitation put their hands on my belly and said, "Oh, you're having a baby!"  Usually I don't like people touching my belly, but it was so genuine, and actually nice for them to not be all sneaky about it, I didn't mind.  I mean really, who goes from a size 4 to a size 8 in 4 weeks?  You could just ask, or keep your mouth shut!  I'm ready to let people know, so I can stop feeling fat, and start feeling pregnant.

"Well behaved women seldom make history." Laurel Ulrich   To make my mark I familybed2.gifnovaxnocirc.giffly-by-nursing2.giffemalesling.GIFhbac.gif waterbirth.jpgcd.gif adoptionheart-1.gif, among other things,  and try to live a sustainable, natural life. My brood includes DD1, DS1 2 and 3, and expecting another in Aug 2014. 
#16 of 44 Old 09-19-2011, 09:57 AM

Here things are going decently.  I'm in the thick of fatigue and hormonal mood swings and it's so hard to get things done and calm myself down before I fly off the handle over dumb things, like my husband not taking the trash out today.  I thought he forgot, but turns out he just had to leave earlier than usual for work.  Otherwise just some general nausea with some moments of feeling even more sick, but haven't thrown up yet thankfully. 

I can't wait for second trimester.

Mother to a crazy wonderful son born 7-11-09 and A very determined amazing daughter born 5-3-12!
#17 of 44 Old 09-19-2011, 11:03 AM

I am TIRED all the time.  Yawned as I typed that, lol.  Will be 10 weeks on Wednesday. 

PrettyLisa - I'm w/ you on the sugar thing.  I'm not too surprised as I have a bad sweet tooth, but can't beleive how bad it is. Yesterday was my birthday, and I ate 2 pieces of cake and 2 servings of ice cream...and bought caramel apples, but didn't eat them b/c I didn't want to really over-do it, lol.  Apples are good for you, though, right?

Altheia - I have not had a meltdown yet, DH has been pretty accomodating, but I know one will happen eventually, lol.  I have been wanting Coke to drink, and we got some caffeine-free Coke this weekend...yum!  I'm craving some, now, but I can't leave work to run to the store.  :(

DD wanted to help me fold the baby clothes we bought at a garage sale, and she got frustrated, and said, "this is too little, I can't figure out how to fold this!"  and threw it back on the bed, LOL!!

~Christy crochetsmilie.gif, mom to DD Sage (12-2003) joy.gif and DS Isaac (04-2012)  babyboy.gif, wife to Josh geek.gif.

#18 of 44 Old 09-19-2011, 11:15 AM

Don't kill me...but for those w/ the sweet tooth, here are my friend's Oreo Truffles Recipe...AWESOME!  I freeze the balled-up centers before dipping in chocolate to help them hold shape a little better.  yummy.gif  eat.gif  yummy.gif

1 package of Oreos ( I use double stuffed)

1 block of cream cheese

2 packages milk chocolate chips

*put the whole package of Oreos in a food processor and crumble. Take out a few tablespoons of crumbs to use to sprinkle on the truffles.

*add the block of cream cheese and continue to blend until well mixed.

*roll the cream cheese/Oreo mixture into small balls and then dip them into the melted chocolate chips and then set them on wax paper to set up, *sprinkle a little bit of the reserved Oreo crumbs on each of the truffles.

*Let them harden (I usually put them on a cookie sheet in the fridge) ENJOY!

~Christy crochetsmilie.gif, mom to DD Sage (12-2003) joy.gif and DS Isaac (04-2012)  babyboy.gif, wife to Josh geek.gif.

#19 of 44 Old 09-19-2011, 01:01 PM

Well, wound up with a sore throat yesterday that's sticking around...DD has her 1st cold of the season so I'm not surprised, just bummed--I don't think I was sick at all last pg, I mean, virus-type sick.  Interestingly, vomiting does NOT help a sore throat feel better (how am I supposed to eat regularly with food aversion + swallowing pain?)  

The constant movie I play in my mind of food options, trying to find something palatable, is what I hated most about last pg too.  Just thinking about food is enough to make me puke and strangely, I've been puking WAY more since hitting 12 weeks than before.  Gah!  I think I need to get back to the acupuncturist--that seemed to help so much.

Since cutting out gluten 2 years ago my life-long sweet tooth has been gone but now it's turned into sugar aversion.  I actually wish something sweet sounded good!!  (Who am I kidding, I wish ANYTHING sounded good).

When we were traveling recently we were around In-n-out Burger and though I normally can't stand the idea of meat I downed a double double (wrapped in lettuce since I'm GF) with extra pickles and was STILL hungry...but had so much energy that trip!  How I wish we had In-n-Out here (but don't even want to think about what meat quality that probably was).  Mmmm...so SOMETHING sounds decent after all ;-)

#20 of 44 Old 09-19-2011, 01:36 PM

I'm almost 12 weeks & I'm just tired of the almost constant icky feeling. My digestion is moving VERY slow & it just makes me feel worse. I'm upping my dosage of magnesium citrate to 3 an evening. I hope it gets things moving earlier in the day. Ugh. Sorry if it's TMI, but my digestion is just wacky this pregnancy.

My energy is improving some, that's not saying much. I was working out about 3X a week until about a month ago. Between feeling icky & a busted toe, my workouts have been limited, so my endurance has just gone to hell. I just keep chugging along hoping it will get better.

Yep. This is definitely the cranky part of pregnancy....

And all this feeling shitty & being cranky just reinforces that this our last child. I'm too old for this....

smile.gif

L

ribboncesarean.gif   vbac.gif  My kids jammin.gif  

#21 of 44 Old 09-19-2011, 01:54 PM

Loudmama, I'm w/ you on the slow digestion!  The extra iron supplement is killing me, and I can't seem to keep water in me, peeing all the time, so when it does happen, it's extremely difficult to pass.  hug2.gifThis is the part that I hate!  But it will get better!!

#22 of 44 Old 09-19-2011, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christy1980 View Post

But it will get better!!

Promise?

#23 of 44 Old 09-19-2011, 03:23 PM

It will end!! promise!

those sound good, I might try them with the peanut butter oreos I have.

I am feeling better, I can drink water again and eat pretty much anything. so super excited.  I am now 12 weeks and a day.woohoo! super glad that already I am feeling better, even while I was sick i wasn't as sick as I was with the girls

Courtney and Cree, baby made 3, added one more then there were 4, sakes alive, then we had 5, another in the mix now we have 6!

A Momma in love with her Little Women-Jewel Face, Jo Jo Bean, June Bug, and Sweet Coraline.

#24 of 44 Old 09-19-2011, 04:21 PM

I am currently on day 4 of not vomiting!! Yay!! I've still had a little bit if nausea here and there, but that's not as bad. Most of the time when I've been throwing up, it's been before I had anything in my stomach, so only stomach acid has come up which is NOT pleasant. I actually gagged a little writing that, so sorry to anyone who might have as well! Energy is still down. But I'm also dealing with a rambunctious toddler so that could be part of it. She's starting her terrible two's and it is just driving me CRAZY!! I feel bad, but my fuse is just so short right now and the littlest things just set me off. I'll be 12 weeks on Thursday and I am really hoping things start to settle down. Thursday won't be fun though because DD and I will be driving down to California by ourselves for the weekend and she is not the best at long trips. Wish us luck!

Erin , loving wife to Dave, mom to 3cat.gif, angel.gifangel.gifDec. '06, angel.gifOct. '08, DD Reagan Oct. 3, 2009

and DS Jack April 4,2012

#25 of 44 Old 09-19-2011, 04:34 PM

Warning - long whine coming up, sorry for jumping in like this but I just haven't had time to 'chat' until now and apparently I have a lot to say!

It's so reassuring to read that I'm not the only one having major issues with food!  I am constantly hungry or feeling queasy from not eating the right thing (usually protein, but sometimes a bit of fruit does the trick). I am so sick of trying to figure out what I can eat that actually appeals to me and will satisfy my hunger for more than half an hour. If I wait too long I get that 'food panic' mode which is when I beg DH to bring me something, anything, quick before I feel like puking. I'm also so tired and lazy feeling, I'm sure that if I ate better (more iron, maybe?) it would help, but that would require using more energy to actually prepare food. I'm flying from Australia to California on Thursday and I'm so nervous about feeling crappy on the flight, being sensitive to smells (this is the only thing that has made me actually puke so far), and not being able to sleep in the uncomfortable seats. Normally I don't mind long-haul flights at all, after living overseas from my family for 10 years, I'm quite used to it, but I'm just not myself anymore.

To continue my whining, I bought a scale this week after not having one for years, since I thought it would be good to have an idea of how much I weigh early on in the pregnancy (I'm almost 9 weeks). The last time I weighed myself was around February, at the gym and I was 128 lb.  When I weighed myself on this new scale (that I bought for $9 at Kmart, probably a mistake to buy the cheapest one), it said I was over 140 lbs!!   Talk about scale shock!  I am naturally slim (have never worried about gaining weight) and have not weighed over 130 my entire life, or so I thought. For the first time in my life I understood some women's obsession with losing weight/dieting/working out.

I guess the past few months of sitting in front of my desk all day working on my PhD thesis have really added up. I know it's not all from the pregnancy because quite a few of my pants became too tight long before I was pregnant. I haven't noticed much weight gain in the past month or two, except my boobs becoming huge, but I don't think that can add an extra 10 pounds. I want to believe that the scale is somewhat off, because DH got on it and it said he weighed a lot more than he thinks he does, and he's been exercising lately and looks in good shape.  I am seriously considering asking nicely if I can hop on the scale they use to weigh luggage at the airport on Thursday, I assume it will be more accurate than the dodgy Kmart one.

At least DH is understanding about it, I think he is actually enjoying my body becoming more 'voluptuous' as he calls it, certainly he doesn't mind my new boobs. I know this is the time when we're 'allowed' to gain weight but at the moment I'm surprised that I feel like a fat blob who is only going to get fatter. I wish I would have been more physically active before getting pregnant, now I get so tired just going for a walk so I don't see how I can exercise enough to prevent myself from turning into a giant flab monster. 

I think I will get back into yoga, starting today. That can help a lot to make me feel better about my body.

A dedicated treehugger.gif and academic, 32, married to DH hippie.gif since 07/07

Became a mommy to DD in May 2012 - so happy and in love!

#26 of 44 Old 09-19-2011, 07:06 PM

I just about snapped at some fellow customers at the pharmacy the other day.  I'm glad to know I'm not the only one with insane blood sugar issues!

happily married to my rock and roll cowboy guitar.gif since 2009, living the dream with our Rosebud, 26/04/12 joy.gif

#27 of 44 Old 09-19-2011, 07:12 PM

chapluqa, I'm with you on the smells.  I flew recently--though thankfully not for a long overseas flight!--and the smells in the airport were way worse than on the airplane.  But I imagine there will actually be food served on your flight not to mention all the food people will bring on that may make it worse.  I brought with me a small vial of this roll-on peppermint oil aromatherapy I've had for ages (was small enough to fit in my liquids carry-on bag) and rolled it on my wrists to smell when other smells would get overwhelming.  Also just smelling the bottle directly helped.  Perhaps you could dilute some essential oils that smell fresh/good to you in any kind of carrier oil or even water and put it in a small vial to take with you?  Take plenty of small snacks with some protein in them to keep hunger at bay and any emergency items that may help you feel better if nausea strikes (for some reason, salty crispy potato chips sometimes hit the spot for me even though I normally can't stand the idea), mints/gum and what not.

I always carry quart-sized zip-top bags with me and have them close at hand at all times in case I DO have to puke and can't get to a bathroom--with seatbelt lights and so forth, that may come in handy.

I had my daughter sneak onto the airport luggage scale and no one seemed to mind ;-)  Don't worry too much about the weight--my experience last time was (with breastfeeding and just being darn busy running around caring for a new babe) that the weight just fell off in a matter of weeks except perhaps the last 5 lbs, which DEFINITELY was my boobs!  Even with eating WAY more while nursing...  I know how crazy it can be to see that scale reach new heights that you've never seen before--perhaps consider NOT checking your weight and asking your care provider to not inform you if things seem OK, if you decide to have them weigh you.  Then you can take the focus off the actual number.

Good luck on your trip--your adrenaline about it will probably help you out a bit!

#28 of 44 Old 09-20-2011, 10:10 AM

good luck with your trips ladies. Hope things work out well.

I didn't really care about my appt before, but now I want my first appt already. I have 9 days until the appt and it's my own fault it is so late. I'm 12 weeks 3 days. I am also really hoping that things in florida cool down soon b/c the heat is overwhelming. Just doing laundry in the un-air conditioned laundry room made me nauseuas (well that and the 6 cookies I ate combined).

I want to be more immersed in this baby thing, and there is still so much time. A long time before Hubs will talk names (20 weeks when we know the sex), no midwife appts, right now. I should start sewing for the baby but I really need to make the girls halloween costumes. the search through my fabric is daunting, and I am still hoping to find a flowy white dress at a thrift store for my oldests costume. I guess I don't know what I want but MORE baby.

Courtney and Cree, baby made 3, added one more then there were 4, sakes alive, then we had 5, another in the mix now we have 6!

A Momma in love with her Little Women-Jewel Face, Jo Jo Bean, June Bug, and Sweet Coraline.

#29 of 44 Old 09-20-2011, 01:21 PM

I hear ya Courtney.  I really have nothing do to for this baby, except some sewing which has to wait until I finish my other projects.  I want to DO something, but there's nothing to buy/shop for really.  My best friend will eventually return my pump, and I'll put new tubes/parts on that, but that's a ways off and not super fun.  That's basically it.  I wonder what I can do to keep my baby brain busy?

chapluqa, re. the scale, why don't you just use your scale and ignore the actual number?  It doesn't really matter what the number is; it only matters that you're gaining a healthy amount.  So whether its 100 lb or 150 lb now, if you're gaining at a reasonable rate you'll still be able to tell.  But yeah, it is still frustrating to see numbers you aren't expecting.  My midwife weighs me with clothes and shoes on, which inevitably adds like 5 lbs.

As for me, I'm supposed to take a stupid 2 hour exam the first week of November, and the last time I took it the seating was those little chair/desk combos like they have in high schools and colleges.  I've requested a table and chair in case my belly is too big to fit in the little desks, but they want a note from my midwife to accommodate the request.  I felt really stupid calling the midwife's office for a "note" to get a table and chair.  At 18/19 weeks, I'd probably be fine in a desk, but I don't want to risk being super uncomfortable....

#30 of 44 Old 09-21-2011, 10:34 AM

chapluqa - I have to weigh every day b/c if I don't, I will totally lose track of where I am.  And I still get surprised from time to time with a big number I wasn't expecting.  With the slow digestion issues, that makes it worse, but gives me a bit of an excuse, lol..."well, if I wasn't so full of poo, I wouldn't have gained 2 pounds since yesterday!"  LOL!!  You'll be ok, doing some light excercise will definately help you feel better, but try not to obsess  << Says the woman who weighs herself daily!  I know!!  But I agree w/ JustKate, as long as you are gaining an appropriate amount of weight, the numbers themselves don't matter.  I think throughout the pregnancy, 22-24 pounds is considered the healthy average of weight gain...so if you divide that by trimester, you'd be doing well to gain 8 pounds per trimester. hug2.gif You'll be fine!!  And gorgeous!!  blowkiss.gif

We had DD's 2nd grade open house last night, and her teacher, her friend's moms, and even her old kindergarten teacher, came up to me and told me congratulations, lol.  I said to her kinderg. teacher, "Wow, Sage sure has a big mouth!" LOL!!  Everyone was so kind and sweet, it was nice.  We love her teacher, she was also DD's 1st grade teacher and got to move up w/ the kids b/c another teacher retired.  Very cool!  First field trip is to an apple orchard, and I think I will chaperone this one b/c the last one of the year is usually in April, and the last thing I want to do is have a baby on the school bus w/ 2 classes of 2nd graders watching, lol!! 

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page