ouch my head! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 09-19-2011, 05:04 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

ive had a headache for 2 weeks non stop! greensad.gif is anyone else getting headaches like this? its so hard to function and i feel like its never going  to go away. im not sure how many paracetamol is safe to take so im just taking 2 a day when im no longer coping. x

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-19-2011, 06:16 AM

I haven't had to deal with that this pregnancy so far (crossing my fingers!) I did have to deal with it during my first pregnancy for a whole 30 days. Yes I counted. It was hideous as I was student teaching at the time. The bad part is that there is pretty much nothing that can be done although some women say that a little caffeine helps.

A few weeks ago I had the worst migraine of my life. I even ended up hanging out with the toilet for a bit because of it. I truely envy those women that go through pregnancy without a second thought to the extra aches and pains.

I hope that it passes for you sooner rather than later.

Married to DH 7 years and have three fantastic kiddos! DS 6, DD 4, and DS 2 ...... lo and behold another is on the way!

Old 09-19-2011, 07:37 AM

Not too add any stress but have you had your blood pressure checked? A headache that doesn't go away can be a sign of high blood pressure. It's probably just hormones though this early. My last pregnancy I had headaches because of hormones and I found that a little caffeine helps (like in a cup of tea or chocolate). Also, if it gets to the point where you can't function there are a couple meds your doctor can prescribe that are safe to use during pregnancy for headaches. Acupuncture also works wonders.

Wife to Geof reading.gif (4/10), Mom to Connorbabyf.gif(7/14/10) and Cayleigh babygirl.gif (4/20/12). Living with Factor V Leiden (7/12).

Old 09-19-2011, 09:00 AM

I'm sorry your not feeling well!!

I've noticed if I'm not drinking enough water I'll get a headache.  I know everyone is different, but we should all be drinking lots of liquids anyway... It might be an easy fix!

Hugs and get better soon!

Mom knit.gif to DS 8y/obikenew.gif  10/11  angel1.gif   

2/1/12   pos.gif Yay!!

Old 09-19-2011, 12:11 PM - Thread Starter

thanks for the replies. i was thinking it could be my blood pressure. i dont see the midwife again until november so i might have to see the doctor if it continues. i have not been drinking much water but i drink pints of fresh fruit juice every day, not sure if this makes a difference? i always got headaches monthly when my period was due so i know my head is sensitive to hormones, just not sure if anything helps with this. hopefully it will stop soon. xxx

Old 09-19-2011, 01:45 PM

I too have gotten monthly headaches pre-pg that predict my period.  But I've had 3 migraines this pg that are way more severe than those headaches.  I've tried epsom salt baths (supposed to help lower blood pressure) but that doesn't seem to help, a little Tylenol or Tylenol taken with a drink that has some caffeine (my MW recommended the Tylenol and last pg my OB recommended the Tylenol + caffeine) and that helps sometimes though I'm still reluctant to take too much.  The migraines have made me vomit more than the MS I think.  Last migraine was so bad I went to get a massage to try and deal with it and then didn't drink enough water after after the massage and ended up feeling even worse.  Dehydration definitely plays a part for me as do some food sensitivities.

Sorry you're suffering --can you go get your BP taken at one of those instant machines at the pharmacy/drug store, etc?  Your MW might be able to get you in for a quick BP check.  My husband happens to know how to take BP and we have a cuff at home so I've been able to keep an eye on it and it's never been a problem, but if it went on as long as you say, I'd want to check it out.  I would opt for water or water with lemon rather than juice--that much sugar would require water from your body to digest it.  Try drinking water for a few days and see if that helps?  Some people say 8 cups (8 ounces each) a day but I don't measure, I just try to keep my water at hand throughout the day and take small sips to not upset my stomach too much.

Unschooling mama alongside DH (05/01) to DD (5/05).  Expecting #2 spring 2012!

Old 09-20-2011, 05:02 AM - Thread Starter

thanks for all the info! im going to drink plenty of water and get my blood pressure checked next time i go past the doctors. thanks for being helpful! x

User Tag List