Need quick advice pleae!!! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 09-21-2011, 07:05 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Subchorionic Hemorrage, update in post 11.  :)

Urgently needing some advice ladies.

Woke up to spotting this morning.  Once I realized it I called my POS hcp who said "no nurses available, the recommendation would be to go to the nearest emergency room."  I'm too hysterical to even call DH, and what would I do with Aubs?

So I'm laying here in bed trying to decide what to do.  Guess I need to call DH.  But what if it stops? Then I'll feel stupid. And what if it doesn't?  Do I really want to learn that my baby is dead today? 

Tell me what to do please.

ETA: you know I'm freaking out when I spell "please" wrong--and I can't even edit the title....

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-21-2011, 07:30 AM

Well, I'd tell you to rest, but if you woke up spotting it's clearly not from exerting yourself. I personally would go in. I think even if it ends up being nothing DH would rather take the time then have the worries. There is no reason your DD can't go with you, I've had to do that before. I know you don't want bad news, but what if really bad news is preventable and you didn't go in...you'll always wonder.

Brande: Mama of 5 and perpetual student.

Old 09-21-2011, 07:31 AM

Oh, and please keep us updated!!!

Old 09-21-2011, 07:51 AM

I would call DH and go in. Then you know, one way or the other, and can care for yourself accordingly.

Also, recent intercourse can cause spotting.

Mom to Sam (3/2007), Bekah (4/2009)hbac.gif, Jedidiah (4/2012)hbac.gif, and expecting #4 in March!
Old 09-21-2011, 08:43 AM

I'd go in just to be sure that nothing is really wrong...especially if you have bright red blood. If it's not bright red, I wouldn't worry *as* much. I know that I've had spotting around the time when I should have had a subsequent period (8 weeks, 12 weeks, etc), so maybe that's what's going on?

I hope you get it figured out soon and please let us know how you're doing!

Old 09-21-2011, 09:50 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I would go get it checked and not even feel bad if it stopped.  There is nothing wrong with playing it safe.  It could just be a popped blood vessel or something about the position of the placenta....which has a lot of time to move from now.  It could also just be what the pp wrote about spotting around AF times.  If anything, I would get it checked for peace of mind and have a good friend come take DD on a play date without any idea of end of the day so you can rest when you get home.  I'd also call DH, if it were mine, he would want to know and be with me even if it is nothing!  Keep us posted and I hope you get answers and see a healthy baby very soon!

married to my love , in love with MJ born 1/18/10 and PJ born 4/6/12 waterbirth.jpg and now due with a surprise 11/14!
Old 09-21-2011, 12:01 PM

The same thing happened to me this AM.  I had a streak of red spotting, but we DTD last night.  I know how you are feeling, my heart just sunk.  If I had any more, I was going to call an OB and get an u/s right away.  But so far things have been okay.

Carson, living life with my 3 boys: DH, DS Dec '09 blahblah.gif  and newbie DS Sept'12baby.gif

always two in my heartbeat.gif 

Old 09-21-2011, 01:49 PM

Thinking of you kate.  all good advice above.

Courtney and Cree, baby made 3, added one more then there were 4, sakes alive, then we had 5, another in the mix now we have 6!

A Momma in love with her Little Women-Jewel Face, Jo Jo Bean, June Bug, and Sweet Coraline.

Old 09-21-2011, 03:18 PM

Prayers for you, Kate.

Old 09-21-2011, 03:38 PM

Sending you good vibes. 

Old 09-21-2011, 05:25 PM - Thread Starter

Well I ended up going to the ER.  I had mostly calmed down by the time DH got home, but of course he insisted.  So we went, and they did everything I just refused at my midwife appt.  Did a vag u/s and found two subchorionic hemorrages, one ("small to moderate," whatever that means) at the end of the placenta and another small one "anteriorly located."  Basically a clot or tear along the placenta between the chorion and amnion layers of the gestational sac.  So I'm on light duty for a little while.  One part of me feels really relieved to know 1) baby is okay and 2) i'm not a crazy person.  The other side is feeling like crap for stressing out DH, making DD sit in the ER with us for 3 hours, dealing with the ER doc who treats everyone like they're stupid because that's the group he is used to treating, letting them prod my baby when there's really nothing they could have done anyway.... But it's done, and we're okay.  From what I'm reading subchorionic hemorrages are associated with about 1/3 of miscarriages, but aren't necessarily a predictor for an m/c.  So hopefully little one is just growing quickly and being rowdy in there!

Deep breaths.  Sorry for freaking out earlier!  I try not to...  bag.gif

Old 09-21-2011, 05:30 PM

I think it's just like when you are a parent after birth and your child is in danger...it's impossible not to worry about their well being and feel helpless if you can't do anything. Don't apologize! I'm very glad to hear that at least for the time being things are going well, take it easy, and we will all be sending happy vibes your way :) {{{HUGS}}}

Old 09-22-2011, 06:01 AM

knowing is good. don't be sorry about any of it. I have been fervantly praying for you and will continue doing so...in my own pagan way. I am so glad baby is okay!

Courtney and Cree, baby made 3, added one more then there were 4, sakes alive, then we had 5, another in the mix now we have 6!

A Momma in love with her Little Women-Jewel Face, Jo Jo Bean, June Bug, and Sweet Coraline.

Old 09-22-2011, 06:11 AM

Don't feel guilty about anything! Get lots of rest and know that you did the right thing. Your DD is probably onto bigger and better things and hardly remembers the wait in the ER.

Married to DH 7 years and have three fantastic kiddos! DS 6, DD 4, and DS 2 ...... lo and behold another is on the way!

Old 09-22-2011, 08:13 AM

Occasional freak-outs are part of the mom deal, i think.  I'm so relieved for you that the babe is okay and hoping that everything stays safe in there!

User Tag List