Nighttime urinating - decreasing? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 10-04-2011, 09:33 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi all - this is my third baby so I really should remember these things better by now...  But I've noticed now that I'm 14 weeks along that I'm not needing to get up as often in the night to urinate.  Is it normal to go from incessant thirst and peeing (first trimester) to a more "normal" routine come the second trimester?

#2 of 6 Old 10-04-2011, 09:49 AM

Now that you mention it, the last few nights I haven't had to go as baddly either. At the same time, this is my fourth and I never had to get up in the middle of the night to pee every single night in the first trimester.

I am sure it  has something to do with the placement of the uterus ... moving up at this point in pregnancy.

Married to DH 7 years and have three fantastic kiddos! DS 6, DD 4, and DS 2 ...... lo and behold another is on the way!

#3 of 6 Old 10-04-2011, 09:54 AM

11 weeks tomorrow, and the last two nights I have been insomnia and pee free for the first time in a few weeks!  It has been wonderful!  Seems that I remember from my other pregnancies that once the uterus gets big enough to begin lifting up and out of the pelvic cradle, you get some respite from the constant peeing until baby starts to get a bit weighty. :)

dizzy.gif DS1: 10/89 - DD1: 06/94 - DD2: 02/97 - DS2: 12/05 - DS3: 12/08 - DC6: ETA 04/26/12

I'll be 42 when the newest little one is born! Yowza!

#4 of 6 Old 10-04-2011, 10:14 AM

I'm so glad someone posted this!  I am peeing less (from 4-5x/night to 1-2x/night) and was worried something was wrong.  Yay for normalcy, lol.

~Christy crochetsmilie.gif, mom to DD Sage (12-2003) joy.gif and DS Isaac (04-2012)  babyboy.gif, wife to Josh geek.gif.

#5 of 6 Old 10-09-2011, 07:54 AM

Me five! I've gone from 12pm, 2am, 4am to just one 4-5am pee. I this additional sleep contributes to my feeling more energetic. orngtongue.gif

Married to my favorite man in '07. Our firstborn came along in April 2012 (HBC), and our second is on the way, due sometime in May 2014 (planning an HBAC).
#6 of 6 Old 10-13-2011, 02:35 PM

I am so happy to  report that I, as well, am now only peeing 2x a night. of course i do pee like 2x while trying to fall asleep, but totally better then the 5x a night before.

Courtney and Cree, baby made 3, added one more then there were 4, sakes alive, then we had 5, another in the mix now we have 6!

A Momma in love with her Little Women-Jewel Face, Jo Jo Bean, June Bug, and Sweet Coraline.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page