weekly chat Oct 10-17 - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 59 Old 10-11-2011, 07:22 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Yay hazelbranch for hearing a heartbeat, so fun and reassuring!

I want that nap too!

Baby movement- so I think I will be the weird one because I felt my first one move at 10 weeks and this one at 9 weeks 6 days.  DS felt like a wiggling, vibrating buzz. Kind of like the hamster thing but not so distinct until later.  This time it has been more like the flutters that I had heard people describe.  It is definitely the baby and not gas.  It is nice to be able to feel it early but a lot of people feel it later.

I feel like the baby had a growth spurt in the past two days.  All of a sudden I feel like I look like I did at 20+ weeks with DS.  It is shallow but I seriously am wondering just how big I will get with this one.  I also have a short torso and go straight out.  No widening of the hips that other people can notice, just out.  My poor belly button has suffered.  Got a bellyband on amazon today and thinking I will probably use it soon.  Shying away from maternity clothes.  Especially the pants!  I mean seriously, a lot of cute tops etc but the pants are just odd.  Where can I get good maternity pants?  The down side is that I found some really awesome maternity clothes at a local store but I will never pay that much money for clothes I only wear for less than six months!  It seems crazy!  I really miss having friends around that I can borrow from!

married to my love , in love with MJ born 1/18/10 and PJ born 4/6/12 waterbirth.jpg and now due with a surprise 11/14!
#32 of 59 Old 10-12-2011, 03:35 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Thanks for all the chat about feeling baby. I am going to spend some time quietly and calmly lying around and *feeling* for it. 

Congrats hazel! heartbeat.gif (Anyone ever wonder how fact that heart is beating? heehee)

flavorful - I'm not a good shopping, and thrift stores intimidate me for their size. But I visited one last week and went straight to maternity. Bought a pair of gap slacks with the tag on them, a pair of pea in the pod slacks, and a pair of Motherhood jeans. All for $15 total. They had a lot of not-great stuff there, but these pieces were things I would have bought in the store for myself. I was so excited to find them!

Married to my favorite man in '07. Our firstborn came along in April 2012 (HBC), and our second is on the way, due sometime in May 2014 (planning an HBAC).
#33 of 59 Old 10-12-2011, 04:27 AM

I second the thrift store-- I have found almost all my maternity clothes at goodwill!  Excellent deals, all super cute and in good shape orngbiggrin.gif

I'm excited to feel the baby-- I seem to feel every single little thing that happens in my body (pregnant or not), so I'm hoping I'll feel it soon.  I have had lots of twinges, cramps, etc so I'm going to start paying attention.  My hubby told me yesterday that I'm starting to look like a pregnant lady-- like I'm about to start showing shy.gif, he's so cute-- he was all excited about that.  My uterus is definitely moving stuff around and moving all my fat up!  So weird to have things shifting around.  I can't wait till Friday when I hit my big 14 week mark!

Me = Healer, yogini, lactivist, step-mom, and wife to my dream come true joy.gif So grateful-- baby #1 April 2012

#34 of 59 Old 10-12-2011, 07:56 AM

We have a heartbeat heartbeat.gif Beating strong and steady at 140 bpm, at 13 weeks 6 days. There really is a baby in there!

#35 of 59 Old 10-12-2011, 07:56 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Yay for more heartbeats and baby flutters! I was pushing on my stomach yesterday and thought I felt a little push back, bit I can’t be sure it wasn’t just my pulse getting stronger from where my fingers were mashed into my belly…

I’ll third thrift stores! And also Gap pants—I found a pair that fit SO much better than any of the other things I’ve tried on, mostly because they’re long enough for me. Apparently all maternity pants are short, or super-expensive, or both. –sigh-

I still keep getting terrible headaches that incapacitate me. It’s not fun, because it means that ALL of the housekeeping is falling to my partner, which she’s not exactly thrilled about. I’m glad to be less tired, but I wish I were able to be my active, busy self again…

She's here!
And so are the boys!
#36 of 59 Old 10-12-2011, 09:04 AM

I'm so excited for us!  Flutters and heartbeats are awesome!

I felt a popcorn pop today!  I was sitting w/ my legs crossed, and leaned closer to the computer monitor to read something, and felt a little *pop* on the lower left side of where I beleive my usterus to be.  Texted DH right away, lol.  Very cool!  I can't remember when I felt DD move, I think it was more like 14 weeks, and I'm 13 today, so not that far off, I guess.

I would say in addition to thrift stores, hit yard sales.  If they are selling baby stuff like swings or bassinettes in the yard, they will almost always have maternity clothes.  I got most of the ones I'm wearing now at a yard sale.  If they are getting rid of the swing and the pack-n-play, they probably aren't having any more kids and are selling the maternity clothes, too. 

~Christy crochetsmilie.gif, mom to DD Sage (12-2003) joy.gif and DS Isaac (04-2012)  babyboy.gif, wife to Josh geek.gif.

#37 of 59 Old 10-12-2011, 09:07 AM

When push comes to shove.

I just called my OB's office and said that I'm coming in to have another blood draw to measure my T3 and T4. They should have done that when my TSH was measured. I'm in contact with my Naturopath and she will help me regulate my thyroid. My OB believes that I am in a good range so I won't' get anywhere with him. Life will get better!

I think that DH and I are on the outs though. I'm not really getting any response from him. I think that he is hoping that my mood and physical state will just pass and that we can be normal again. There are too many underlying issues to let everything pass though. I can feel that he is upset about the state of our home but I am trying. I push myself to clean on area a day and then I'm forced to sit and go "dur" for the rest f the day because that is all that I am capable of. He is upset yet, I haven't seen him do anything since he got home from his last work trip. I just don't understand. Even putting the clean dishes away would be wonderful! I'm hopeful that this too shall pass!

Married to DH 7 years and have three fantastic kiddos! DS 6, DD 4, and DS 2 ...... lo and behold another is on the way!

#38 of 59 Old 10-12-2011, 11:58 AM

adoremybabe, I'm sorry stuff with DH is tough right now. I'm hot and cold with DH right now--really for several weeks.  Basically told him I was going to divorce him if he didn't stop talking about me getting a job.  Completely stressing me out right now.  Maybe if you ask your DH to take on ONE thing until you start feeling better?  Like supervising bath time for the older 2 kids, or sorting laundry once a week, or putting clean dishes away?  I hate tasking DH since he does work hard all day, but I need help whether he notices or not.  So I task, and he does, and stuff gets done.  I'm sort of beyond caring whether he's happy with it or not.

prettyisa, I hear ya on the Gap pants AND the headaches.  I love the gap pants because they come in tall sizes, but I can't justify buying them while I'm not working.  I basically go to a few stores and figure out what size I can wear, and then bid on ebay stuff.  As for the headaches, I think mine are allergy related.  Its really unbearable every day.  I wake up without a headache, then it slowly grows throughout the day until about 6 p.m., when its so unbearable that I have to just sit on the couch with my eyes closed.  Tylenol doesn't help.  I don't know what to do, except hope that the weather changes soon.

Not much else going on.  I have a "16 week appt" next Tuesday, and I have no idea what we'll do.  Hopefully we'll just have a listen and chat.

dealic likes this.

#39 of 59 Old 10-12-2011, 12:19 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
JustKate—yes. Exactly. Exactly that. Ok, my new plan is to take a loratadine (dr said they were ok in the 2nd tri) in the morning and tylenol at night. Last night I took a “shath” that helped, too—basically I put just enough water in the bathtub so I could sit in there without my feet freezing too much and then just ran a really hot shower on my neck and the back of my head. I stayed there for about half an hour and then got out, wrapped my hair towel over my eyes, and collapsed on the couch for the rest of the evening. I didn’t get anything else done, but it definitely helped the pain go away. I’m also seeing a chiropractor tomorrow whose office does physical therapy and massage, so I’m hoping that she can help if any of this is posture/stress related. And I only would have bought these gap pants if they were under 10 bucks. I know that since I’m planning more kids it’d be ok to spend more money on maternity clothes, but it feels like a big waste to me anyway.

She's here!
And so are the boys!
#40 of 59 Old 10-12-2011, 12:44 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)

Yes! Maternity clothes are so ridiculously expensive! I thought it would be good to start perusing clearance for things I will certainly need eventually (like a pair of pants) and even then it's way more than I would spend on clothes that I'll wear for years (or at least for more than a few months). Thinking I will go into my tubs of old clothes in storage and hack the pant bands off and replace with some stretchy jersey.

fairy.gif (DSD 10yo) angel2.gif (29wks - 2/2012) babygirl.gifrainbow1284.gif (1/2013)

#41 of 59 Old 10-12-2011, 02:07 PM

Hmm, loratadine.  Will have to look in to that.  Otherwise I'm only going to be useful for the first two hours of the day for the next two months.  irked.gif

And that's true, about the maternity clothes--if you're planning more babies after this one, its easier to rationalize maternity clothes.  I'm planning to sell whatever I have after this pg, since it will likely be my last.  I can't believe how much harder this pg has been on me, and it's only 3 years later!  And I'm only 30!  I mean, "only" 30--realistically, I'm half way through my reproductive life, I guess, but I don't feel older now than I did at 27.  I'm going to avoid buying anything else clothing-wise until the holidays, when I'll probably need a special occasion dress, but that's about it. Oh, and a support band probably around 25 weeks.  And some winter boots.  But I swear that's it!

#42 of 59 Old 10-13-2011, 05:43 PM

ok, so today was a tough day.  any other mama's with toddlers find themselves working with a short fuse??? My daughter (2 1/2) has a terrible habit of repeating "mama" incessently (sp?) like 100 times in a row it feels like.... today we went to the store together, for 30 minutes, and by the time we left I was nearly in tears.  she refused to sit in the basket, and when instructed to "walk by mommy" she said "ok," then proceeded to run around the store like a maniac.  I was so frazzled by the time we left.  She's also in a habit of making LOTS of noise, and the term "inside voice" seems to mean nothing to her!!!!! HELP!!!!!!!!

AHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

ok, thanks, i feel a little better.  I hope your thursdays have all been well!  Here's hoping for an 8pm bedtime for DD and a little r&r for mom...

Married to overworked  DH reading.gif since 2003, happily familybed1.gif mama to DD (01/09) and  babyboy.gif DS (4/12)

#43 of 59 Old 10-13-2011, 05:58 PM - Thread Starter

Um yes, today was a ridiculously hard toddler day for me as well. I just got DS down in bed and I am exhausted.  Lots of mama repeated over and over even when I am answering yes or asking what.  He was just moody today which is fine except I started out tired and needing an easier day. Ugh, we made it to bed time, yay.

married to my love , in love with MJ born 1/18/10 and PJ born 4/6/12 waterbirth.jpg and now due with a surprise 11/14!
#44 of 59 Old 10-13-2011, 07:25 PM

I have been finding life with my toddler quite difficult of late also.  My fuse has been shorter than usual, and she continues to be a wild and very physical child.  I find it challenging to handle her need to jump and climb, especially when I'm the focus of those activities.  What I wouldn't give for a backyard these days.  And tomorrow is due to be another rainy day.... bah! irked.gif

knit.gifLaura, mama to my wonderful Wilhelmina (11/08) energy.gif and my precious Peregrine (4/12) babyboy.gif

#45 of 59 Old 10-14-2011, 04:15 AM

Sorry your toddlers are being a bit trying for you mamas. I have no idea what it's like to live with and care for a toddler, but I guess I will in a few years. 

My cousin started induction at midnight last night and is headed in to the hospital now. She had really horrible, massive PPH last time and was extremely near death (bags and bags of bloog and BP dropped to near zero), so there's a bit of family breath-holding right now as she goes in to deliver her little girl. She's the first of my generation in this fam to have a babies, and the next two are on our way (her SIL and me). As a whole big extended family we are all SO excited to be adding a new generation. :) Anyway, if you pray, I wouldn't mind an extra prayer for my cousin today. Chances are all will be perfectly well, but we'll all be on edge until babygirl is here and momma is safe and sound.

Married to my favorite man in '07. Our firstborn came along in April 2012 (HBC), and our second is on the way, due sometime in May 2014 (planning an HBAC).
#46 of 59 Old 10-14-2011, 07:15 AM

Week 12 over here! I am happy to be leaving the first trimester behind next week. I have been feeling really good other than being super tired, but it helps me to feel like I am out of the woods somewhat. 

I hear you ladies on the short fuse. My son is not a toddler, but a pretty precocious, energetic preschooler. I have had to really make sure that I am checking my tone and taking deep breaths to avoid snapping at him for him just being himself. He is a noise maker. Constant talking and otherwise vocalizing. Which is totally fine normally and I usually actually think it is pretty entertaining. Except for the last few weeks when I just wish that he would be quiet for a little while. It makes me feel really horrible. I am trying to focus my energy on enjoying him but it is challenging for sure. The great thing about him being older though is that I can sneak in a little bit of a nap on the sofa even on days that my husband is at work if I set him up with an activity or put on a favorite show or computer game.

We are meeting with the two midwife practices that we are considering using next week. So hopefully we will have a midwife chosen by late next week which will be great. I have a feeling about who we will end up with but definitely would like to talk to them and have my husband meet them. I think that although he is supportive about having a homebirth he does have some reservations and I think meeting the midwives and talking to them will help him over the hump and bring everything together for him. Although he says that he prefers to avoid a hospital birth, I think the idea of not being in the hospital leaves him a little nervous. We have watched both Pregnant in America and The Business of Being Born together quite awhile and discussed that a lot of the problems that cropped up during my son's birth had to do with what was done to us not from the birth process itself. I know from those discussions that he is there intellectually, I think he maybe just needs his emotions to catch up. He is definitely the worrying kind.

Rosie, I will be thinking of your cousin. It must be really nerve wracking for your family to be waiting to find out how things come out. 

#47 of 59 Old 10-14-2011, 07:47 AM

kaismum, my husband was the same way about homebirth. I think even when the time came for the birth he was not completely on board (so worried something would go wrong and we couldn't get help in time, even though he'd researched and knew the benefits of homebirth and risks of hospital birth). Then I hemorrhaged...it was like his worst nightmare come true. The midwives were so calm and prepared though, and knew exactly what to do to take care of me and stop the bleeding, that this time around he not only was all for the homebirth, I don't think he'd accept it any other way. That and the bonding and comfort that followed the birth itself was so different at home. He really felt my comfort, and I think he too was able to connect with our daughter better in our own space. So different from the hospital births in which there was induction, pain killers, threats of c-section due to lack of progress, and inability to move (or even feel comfortable talking together). I'm sure if your husband has any hesitations before the birth, he certainly won't after.

kaismum likes this.

Brande: Mama of 5 and perpetual student.

#48 of 59 Old 10-14-2011, 08:07 AM

Short Fuse - YES!!  My poor DD is 7, and she is a chatterbox, which is really annoying me, plus she seems to refuse to get her shoes on/brush her hair/etc to do what needs to be done to get ready in the morning for school, and she has to make noise, all the time.  Repetitive, constant noise.  She refuses to clean her room, and whines when it's brought up.  I've been really short w/ her and I feel bad but dang it, do what I said!!

~Christy crochetsmilie.gif, mom to DD Sage (12-2003) joy.gif and DS Isaac (04-2012)  babyboy.gif, wife to Josh geek.gif.

#49 of 59 Old 10-14-2011, 08:40 AM

I had to break down and go maternity pants shopping today. I had been delaying, hoping to make it to when we are in the states next week, but it became clear I wasn't going to make it that long. All week I have been uncomfortable in my pants and the last thing I need is tightness around my stomach right now. I've only just started to get the morning sickness under control as it is. Well I found 2 great pairs. One was on clearance, the other on sale. Still pricier than I normally like but its my first pregnancy and I hope to reuse them. I tried all second hand stores here and only one even HAD maternity clothes, but not a single thing in my size. With 2 pairs of pants though, I am golden for a while. The lady was super helpful and made sure they fit properly and I got to try on the fake belly and imagine I was farther along, and it was great. Its awesome, I hit 14 weeks and my energy shot up, so I feel like a new woman.

I also made a lot of starter plans for what we will be doing after the baby is born and my husband graduates college in April. We plan to move, and I want to move closer to my parents, both for the support and because the area is very affordable. We worked out a possible timeline for this, having us give notice for our place here to move June 1st, and having my husband take parental leave starting my due date and ending after the move, while trying to get a transfer to the area we move for after. Once there, he can work on finding a better job, but this will work for the year I get paid maternity leave. Basically, in this area we could just about live on what I will get for mat leave, so if he even worked part time minimum wage, we'd be golden. Plus it means we could pack and move most stuff to my parents' house before the baby comes, leaving only essentials, then I could pack up baby and baby stuff, and stay with my mom while my husband (and dad if he's not working) can move us. Then after, if it takes us some time to set up, its ok since we can stay with her, or pop there for meals or whatever, until we do. I know moving with a baby won't be great, but moving 8 or 9 months pregnant appealed less to me since I'd lose my fabulous midwifery care, so I think this is better timing for us.

I am so so glad that I am feeling better now. I just have this urge to DO stuff, stuff I couldn't do the last few months. I want to be productive. Clean our house, organize, declutter. Its wonderful since I leave in a week for the States. I will have a great trip if I can keep feeling this good :) 2 weeks ago, I was too sick and tired to even bother posting here for the most part. Its amazing what a few weeks can do.

#50 of 59 Old 10-14-2011, 09:56 AM

dealic, glad you're feeling better!  Hopefully you'll get lots of use out of your pants and it will feel worth it.  And if you want more of the same, you can look on ebay since you know what size to buy now.  I got 2 Motherhood shirts for like $9 (shipped), just by looking regularly.

As for moving, it sucks with or without a baby.  DH is military so we do it a lot. We moved when DD was 6 months, and again when DD was 2 yr 3 mos.  Moving with an infant was much easier, because she wasn't in to everything.  And I didn't have to worry about eating on a schedule and having healthy snacks--just boobies.  Hopefully it will be an easy move for you.

chiromama, when was your DD born? My DD was a Feb. '09 baby, and she definitely tests my patience more these days.  Its really hard for me to take a deep breath and think before responding, but I'm trying hard.  I have to keep reminding myself that she's doing it at her pace, and that it's hard to resists X or Y...  She's going to "pre-school" 3 hours/day on Tuesdays and Thursdays, and those days are awesome because she sleeps so well for nap and that night on those days.  I guess she needs more outdoor activity, but I think there's more going on at school, and the stimulation is what really gets her worn out.  Hopefully we can continue sending her after this baby is born.

I love the idea of a home birth, and will probably have one if we have a 3rd child down the road.  DH (and I) were pretty traumatized by DD's birth, so I think a successful VBAC this time will be a great step towards eventually having a homebirth.  It just sucks because I know, statistically, my chances of VBACing are probably higher with a home birth.  And there are no birth centers within driving distance. Ah well.

Rosie, hope your cousin is snuggled in with her new baby now.  Let us know how it went. 

TBH, DD's twos have been easier than her first two years were.  I don't think that's normal though.  She was an awful baby.  I mean really awful--miserable all the time, never slept, screamed constantly, reflux, bowel issues, couldn't be consoled, was NEVER affectionate or cuddly, wouldn't look at you...we really thought something was wrong, but by 2 years she became a "normal" kid.  Still very high needs, but completely different.  So you really never know what you're going to get.  Even trying-to-be-perfect AP mamas are blessed with challenges!  On the bright side, I feel prepared for anything this new baby might bring.

Finally took another belly pic last night, so I'm heading over to post it!

#51 of 59 Old 10-14-2011, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justKate View Post

dealic, glad you're feeling better!  Hopefully you'll get lots of use out of your pants and it will feel worth it.  And if you want more of the same, you can look on ebay since you know what size to buy now.  I got 2 Motherhood shirts for like $9 (shipped), just by looking regularly.

As for moving, it sucks with or without a baby.  DH is military so we do it a lot. We moved when DD was 6 months, and again when DD was 2 yr 3 mos.  Moving with an infant was much easier, because she wasn't in to everything.  And I didn't have to worry about eating on a schedule and having healthy snacks--just boobies.  Hopefully it will be an easy move for you.

Thanks, I am glad about it too. Ebay is hard because shipping to Canada is pricy and there is duty, which is why I usually don't use it. I've been watching kijiji for deals, and may pick up some stuff there.

That was my thought about moving too. I know my mother moved cross Canada with a 3 year old (me) and a 6 week old, and she said its amazing what you can do when you have to. Plus since I can just go to my parents house and hang out while my husband does the work, it should be ok I think. I've moved a lot over the last few years, and my husband moved, first to Canada, then into our apartment here, so we are getting quite efficient at it.

#52 of 59 Old 10-14-2011, 10:22 AM

HEADACHES!  I feel you.  I never got headaches before this pregnancy.  If I had a mild one, I would drink a glass of water and it would go away.  I had a horrible one all day yesterday.  While lying down it was tolerable but as soon as I stood up or god forbid, bend over, it would throb uncontrollably.  I guess all this blood flow is doing a number on my head.  I woke up at 6 this morning with it still there so went back to sleep and slept until 8.  I was late for work but at least the headache went away.

My family = Me + DH plus new babe 5/12 make 3 buddamomimg1.png

#53 of 59 Old 10-14-2011, 02:40 PM

annoying kids-short tempered mom?? I have 3 and they take turns. mostly though I get annoyed with my 2 1/2 year old always wanting to nurse. every latch on is painful. but it gets better through the nursing. I WOULD like my big girls to stop screaming in the house though!

My HUbas wasn't for a homebirth originally. we did a hospital the first time and that sucked, then we did a birht center b/c I couldn't sell him on homebirth. He thought it was SO MUCH BETTER then the hospital. He told all his friends to "go to the birth center, don't go to the hospital, the hospital is terrible" then he went into all the birth center selling points. These are guys who STILL haven't had kids. Then finally I was bale to talk him into the home birth, same thing, he thought it was so much better and told these guys to have a home birth...and again they stilla ren't close to having kids. so we, of course, are havign a home birth again.

Dealic- A YEAR paid maternity leave??!!! that's awesome! as for moving, good luck it osunds very well planned out, and I am quite impressed.

so who's libido is through the roof? I love the 2nd trimester for this reason. something totally sexy about grabbing dh and knowing we made this kid together, plus you know the dreams and just the drive are increased.

Courtney and Cree, baby made 3, added one more then there were 4, sakes alive, then we had 5, another in the mix now we have 6!

A Momma in love with her Little Women-Jewel Face, Jo Jo Bean, June Bug, and Sweet Coraline.

#54 of 59 Old 10-14-2011, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday Girl View Post

Dealic- A YEAR paid maternity leave??!!! that's awesome! as for moving, good luck it osunds very well planned out, and I am quite impressed.

smile.gif Well its paid at 55% of my income, but after taxes, union dues, and retirement contributions, I lose 1/3 now, so in the end, my take home pay will only be $400 less a month than now. I love Canada for this. That and the regulated and funded midwifery care that means I receive wonderful care whether I choose a hospital or homebirth, and its entirely free smile.gif I am so spoiled here.

And yes, I tend to be very prepared for things. I am a great planner: I love it. I plan all my family's trips too because they know they will see the most interesting things, with the best tours, and for the best prices if I do. Planning a move is like a game to me, and already I am biting at the bit to get packing and working on it.

#55 of 59 Old 10-14-2011, 04:27 PM

thanks for all the support mama's! now i don't feel so guilty about being short tempered.  I do find myself taking a LOT of deep breaths!! JustKate my DD was born Jan 09!  So they're really close in age. 

deliac-- wow, it sounds like you have quite the year coming up!  good luck with everything!  Moving does stink either way, I moved right after dd was born and then again when she was a toddler.  didn't care for either move, but we ended up just a few streets away from my parents so it was worth it in the end!  I know you'll enjoy all the extra support of being near family!

RosieL please let us know how your cousin is doing!! Hopefully she's basking in the glow of being a new mommy again and recovering nicely!  I'll be thinking of her!

yet another trying day over here... I am completely ok with taking dd outside, to the park, to the lakefront, etc all in an effort to tire her out, (we did ALL of the those today!), but at the end of 5 solid hours outside, i expect her to take and EPIC nap.  No such luck. She slept 45 minutes and wanted to go out to play with friends.  Again, i was near tears!!!!!  At least the weather was nice so i could enjoy being outside! Phew...I hope tomorrow is easier!!!!!!   I wouldn't trade her for the world but oh my goodnessssssssss!!!!!!

Married to overworked  DH reading.gif since 2003, happily familybed1.gif mama to DD (01/09) and  babyboy.gif DS (4/12)

#56 of 59 Old 10-15-2011, 04:55 AM

Wow, Dealic, that makes me want to move to Canada even more innocent.gif.  I will be scrambling to cover my 3 months off without going broke.  We get nothing where I am.  I'm with ya on the energy thing-- I finally feel like I can accomplish something!  For the last 3 months I've barely functioned.  Basically working and laying on the couch.  So grateful for that part to be over!

I'm with all of you on the short fuse thing.  I definitely notice it!  It kind of reminds me of when I have PMS-- it's just like my patience is nill.  I'm trying not to snap at anyone as much as I can!

Me = Healer, yogini, lactivist, step-mom, and wife to my dream come true joy.gif So grateful-- baby #1 April 2012

#57 of 59 Old 10-15-2011, 06:15 AM

Thanks for your thoughts for my cuz, ladies! She birthed a 8lb2oz baby girl last night and the update I have is that "mom and baby are happily resting" so I assume all went well. I can't wait for more details and updates. :)

#58 of 59 Old 10-15-2011, 10:39 AM

Rosie - That is great news!

#59 of 59 Old 10-16-2011, 11:03 AM

chiromom, I was thinking the same thing about your babe. my 2 1/2 year old is 2-8-09. JustKate and I were in a ddc together last time.

I got to go to the LLL conference yesterday and I got 2 sessions with Barbra Coloroso which was fabulous! It's one thign to read her books, but listening really helps drive it home.

Courtney and Cree, baby made 3, added one more then there were 4, sakes alive, then we had 5, another in the mix now we have 6!

A Momma in love with her Little Women-Jewel Face, Jo Jo Bean, June Bug, and Sweet Coraline.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page