weekly chat Oct 10-17 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 59 Old 10-10-2011, 08:17 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

So, I waited until today because it seems weird to start a new thread during the weekend instead of Monday.  This weekend went well for me. DH took care of DS all day Saturday and I got to just read and run errands that I didn't want to do with DS.  It was a good weekend and nice to not feel as bad.  Still get the whole gagging heaving thing along with incredibly overwhelming fatigue but not all day, I will take it!  Oh and I am so happy for everyone that got to hear heartbeats! So sweet!

married to my love , in love with MJ born 1/18/10 and PJ born 4/6/12 waterbirth.jpg and now due with a surprise 11/14!
#2 of 59 Old 10-10-2011, 10:25 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Yay for heartbeats!  I still have until the 24th!!  I keep having this insane thought that I'm not really pregnant, but then I feel my lower belly and it's all hard and defined w/ a bump, and I know I am.  Weird.

I'm suddenly gagging when I brush my teeth.  I thought I was actually going to get away w/out any sickness, lol. 

Work has been interesting lately.  I am of a different religeous view than my boss and coworkers, and lately they have really been harping on how right they are about their views, and how their views are superior.  I'll probably post in the religeon forum about it.  I want the talk to stop, but I don't want to offend my boss.  She is easily offendible and flies off the handle. 

~Christy crochetsmilie.gif, mom to DD Sage (12-2003) joy.gif and DS Isaac (04-2012)  babyboy.gif, wife to Josh geek.gif.

#3 of 59 Old 10-10-2011, 10:25 AM

flavorfull: Thanks for the new thread! Glad to hear you are starting to feel better too!

I missed my midwife appointment last week since I was sick. Feeling better now but I can't seem to sleep at night. I have insomnia sometimes and it looks like I might have to talk to the doc about meds so that I can get enough sleep to function during the day. I am also going to start going to the chiropractor and getting a monthly massage now that I am in the 2nd trimester. Hopefully, this will help with the sleep problems and keep this pregnancy running smoothly. If anyone has any suggestions I am open to advice!

Wife to Geof reading.gif (4/10), Mom to Connorbabyf.gif(7/14/10) and Cayleigh babygirl.gif (4/20/12). Living with Factor V Leiden (7/12).

#4 of 59 Old 10-10-2011, 10:29 AM

I was away from MDC for awhile...did they get rid of the religeon forums?  headscratch.gif

~Christy crochetsmilie.gif, mom to DD Sage (12-2003) joy.gif and DS Isaac (04-2012)  babyboy.gif, wife to Josh geek.gif.

#5 of 59 Old 10-10-2011, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christy1980 View Post

I was away from MDC for awhile...did they get rid of the religeon forums?  headscratch.gif

Look for "Spirituality".

Married to DH 7 years and have three fantastic kiddos! DS 6, DD 4, and DS 2 ...... lo and behold another is on the way!

#6 of 59 Old 10-10-2011, 12:28 PM

Christy - That stinks. Religion talk at work is really touchy, and especially a boss should be sensitive to that. :( Sorry you're going through it. 

Married to my favorite man in '07. Our firstborn came along in April 2012 (HBC), and our second is on the way, due sometime in May 2014 (planning an HBAC).
#7 of 59 Old 10-10-2011, 12:52 PM

they didn't approve me for pregnancy medicaid, it doesn't really make sense.  I'm calling tomorrow to see if maybe there was a mistake in their paperwork or something. If I am not approved not really sure what we will do.  Unassisted? who knows. I am going to try not to worry about it until after I talk to medicaid. cross your fingers for me.

I have started to feel the baby move more consistently.

religion at work should just not be talked about, uber unprofessional.

good luck on the sleep thing, mine has been intermittent and I end up needing to lay down during the day, unfortunately I have no advice.

Courtney and Cree, baby made 3, added one more then there were 4, sakes alive, then we had 5, another in the mix now we have 6!

A Momma in love with her Little Women-Jewel Face, Jo Jo Bean, June Bug, and Sweet Coraline.

#8 of 59 Old 10-10-2011, 01:10 PM

Adoremybabe - Thanks!  I already posted in TAO, and so far, no one has moved it or locked it, lol.

Courtney - I had a friend that got denied b/c the worker glossed over the section that asks if you are pregnant and what your due date is.  It was a big hassle for them to get approved again b/c he tried to blame them for the error, and they couldn't get another worker to look at it.  When I turned in my app, I put it in a 10x13 envelope and wrote my name, "Medicaid Application" and "Pregnant - Due 04/18/12" on the front.  I got my approval w/in a week.  Hopefully that's all that happened and it won't be a huge headache to get things started/fixed for you.  If not, can you check into MW's in your area that might barter?  Good luck!

#9 of 59 Old 10-10-2011, 01:28 PM

I'm hoping that's it. I dd fax in a letter with the pregnancy confirmation and did fill out the form saying I was pregnant and due 4-1-12. BUT those things can be missed as it was a recertfication and they may have been just looking for income changes.

Courtney and Cree, baby made 3, added one more then there were 4, sakes alive, then we had 5, another in the mix now we have 6!

A Momma in love with her Little Women-Jewel Face, Jo Jo Bean, June Bug, and Sweet Coraline.

#10 of 59 Old 10-10-2011, 01:39 PM

Belacmsage, I got to acupuncture for the whole lot of insomnia, fatigue, nausea, etc. It has helped tremendously. While pregnant with my dd I slept from 7am-7pm and postpartum would have trouble falling asleep before 5am. Now I am asleep by 2am almost all nights and some as early at 11:30pm. Instead of not feeling tired until 11:30 going upstairs to bed at 1:30am and asleep by 5 ...I am not tired by 6 go up around 11:30 and asleep by 2am.

I know it is still way late but it is a huge improvement for me.

Best of luck!

"E" reggo :yoga wash.gif :clothes and if I have time knit.gif peas in a pod with overworked DP "E" Cosleeping, Extended breastfeeding, Cloth Diapering(a bit obsessed), babywearing, SAHM to DD wl 9/09 and expecting homebirth in 4/12 joy.gif
#11 of 59 Old 10-10-2011, 03:14 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Hmm, got to love the insomnia. I have an hour or two every night when I wake up and just cannot fall asleep.  I am so tired it seems ridiculous.  I am hoping that maybe with a little more activity and moving into the second trimester will help. I never had this at all with DS.

I agree, religious talk in the work place is not professional. Sorry you have to figure out how to handle it.

We are going through our own insurance stuff too. It is so annoying.  The larger insurance company will cover homebirth midwives in our state but the specific plan that my husband's work has in place has a specific part that says it will not cover homebirth.  So, we can't appeal but we are going to talk to HR to see if we get an exception or what to do.  It feels like a long shot.  I just keep hoping that we will have moved back to NC anyway which is not helping my mood or motivation about the situation.  We are waiting to see if DH gets a call back for an interview and will know in the next couple of days. Really hard to not get my hopes up!

belacsmsage- a monthly massage....I am going to have to see what I can do to get that in! I get to go to the chiro which is really helpful but a massage sounds even better!

So wondering if anyone else ever gets this....if I stand up for a long time or walk around a lot (like miles) then my cervix/vagina start to ache?  I feel better if I sit for a minute.  Is it just a matter of needing to do more kegels?  is my hoo ha really that out of shape or is this a pg thing?

married to my love , in love with MJ born 1/18/10 and PJ born 4/6/12 waterbirth.jpg and now due with a surprise 11/14!
#12 of 59 Old 10-10-2011, 04:05 PM

Pain in the "hoo ha" - I might suspect that it's a pregnancy/exertion thing. That happens to me sometimes too.  Maybe it is a clue for more kegels. I never felt it before #1 was born.  Hmmmmm, that was a lot of help wasn't it? Well, more kegels never hurt anyone!

Insurance makes life interesting doesn't it? We don't have an individual deductable just a family. It's 4k! We had planned to get pregnant and have this babe all in one year but that isn't going to happen. So I talked to my doctor and he is willing to wait until the first of the year when I will be just over 26 weeks to do the "20 week" ultrasound. I am very pleased with that as it will help us out a bit. Hopefully this little babe stays healthy and we can stick to this plan.

I actually managed to get a bathroom cleaned today before I hit my wall of exhaustion. I can tell that DH is getting a bit frustrated. So am I but I had a good talk with him (hopefully!) and told him that I need his support more than ever now and that I realize that I'm going on about how hard it is for me to do things being so tired. This pregnancy thing can be so tuff!

Married to DH 7 years and have three fantastic kiddos! DS 6, DD 4, and DS 2 ...... lo and behold another is on the way!

#13 of 59 Old 10-10-2011, 05:55 PM

YAY! My uterus is at my belly button and baby is big enough to feel a "lump" in whatever part of it they are in. Funny the little things that comfort you and make you finally feel pregnant, but apparently for me, these two are working. With each day I get less and less nervous (or I guess more accurately less certain I'm not going to make it to the end). Now that my cold is getting over I'm even starting to get more energy. I may get to enjoy this pregnancy yet LOL

Thursday Girl: Sorry they're making things so complicated. I don't have insurance, but feel lucky that this time around I don't have to worry about it too much. My midwife charges between $2000 and $3000 for the whole pregnancy and labor, and said that she'll take payments and accept whatever we can afford, so if we can't even come up with the $2000 she'll be fine. I don't know if shes always like that, or is making an exception due to our circumstance, but I'll be grateful either way. Are you doing a home birth or hospital? Maybe you can work something out with homebirth, and with hospital birth they have to take you if you come in during labor, they just bill you big and you have to try to either make payment arrangements or work out some sort of cash discount. Either way, I think there may be ways around it (not as ideal as having insurance probably, but still less stressful than it might otherwise be).

Christy: I'm so sorry you're having trouble at work. There is just no excuse for that. It seems like you could even cause grief for some sort of harassment, just totally unprofessional and really kind of cruel to imply any beliefs you hold are superior to those of another (who would take their beliefs just as seriously). Sometimes I think this country (heck, mankind for that matter) is not evolving very quickly *sigh*. Hope things get better soon, you don't need the added stress I'm sure.

Brande: Mama of 5 and perpetual student.

#14 of 59 Old 10-10-2011, 06:20 PM

thursday girl... hopefully it's just a clerical error, but i know either way its a pain to deal with.  Should they deny you again, if you choose to go to a hospital you could talk to your provider about just staying 24 hours after the birth rather than 48.  My friend did that and it saved for thousands.  Also, sometimes a midwife will cut you a break if she is training a new midwife, who would be primary on your case, so that may be an option too. hope it all gets sorted out and keep us posted!

as for me, i'm still dealing with contractions way before i thought i would be.  anyone have any suggestions for that one?  they're not painful but i worry that they stress out the baby...

and sadly, yes, i get the achy hoo ha too after a long day...the only way i get relief is to just sit for a while...ugh

anyway, i hope everyone's monday went well!

Married to overworked  DH reading.gif since 2003, happily familybed1.gif mama to DD (01/09) and  babyboy.gif DS (4/12)

#15 of 59 Old 10-11-2011, 04:20 AM

Hello All!  Would love to join in the the chat-- finally feeling quite a bit better (knock on wood winky.gif)-- I'm 13 and 4 days.  Really excited to hit the 14 week mark soon!  I can feel a little bump about that reaches about 1/2 way to my belly button.  I check it a lot during the day shy.gif.  It's starting to sink in a little bit more...

Chiromama~  I've been dealing with bad cramping since the beginning.  I'm taking a liquid cal/mag supplement suggested by a couple of midwives I know and that seems to help.  I've also been trying to find a cramp bark supplement-- none at my local coop, but I've heard that can be really helpful.  And, lots of water.

Thursday~  You can feel the baby moving?!?  This is my first baby so I can't feel anything-- I'm so excited to get there though.  I have to help my clients with their MA all the time (I'm a public health nurse) and I run into issues all the time.  Keep on them-- if you don't have a good caseworker as to speak with their supervisor, that tends to move things along.

Me = Healer, yogini, lactivist, step-mom, and wife to my dream come true joy.gif So grateful-- baby #1 April 2012

#16 of 59 Old 10-11-2011, 05:34 AM

damn, lost all my post.

short recap- medicaid straightened out, I'd like to say it's a clerical error but at this point I am cynical and think it's an attempt to cover less people. Luckily I know the tricks, call at 8 am on the dot or you don't get through, listen because the phone picks up and you hear nothing for over a minute, you must wait, eventually they will start talking. listen through all the prompts, follow the right key press pattern and finally they connect you.

adoremy babe- I JUST had a conversation with Hubs last night about how each pregnancy seems to be harder on my body and how I need him to remain helpful. He IS but I think he thinks I am milking it, because I have done this before and sometimes with less complaints and pains then this time. I think what I said made sense and now he won't do things grudgingly at times.

Jessimaca, yep I feel movement daily. I am 15 weeks and change and it's my 4th pregnancy. I did not feel movement this early in my first pregnancy.

#17 of 59 Old 10-11-2011, 05:46 AM

I hear ya about the middle of the night insomnia!  I didn't have this with my first pregnancy but every morning at about 3am I wake up and stare at the ceiling.  It doesn't help that DS is almost always in the bed with us at that point and he likes to be right on top of me!!  We only have a queen sized bed so we either need to get a bigger bed before this baby comes or help DS learn to stay in his own bed all night long.  I feel like the ms is finally subsiding but the heartburn is creeping in. I went to Earth Fare last week and got some papaya enzymes so hopefully that will be all I need to get over the heartburn.  I'm so happy to be in the second trimester!!  Woo hoo =)

DS 12/08/09

DD 04/20/12

#18 of 59 Old 10-11-2011, 05:56 AM

Courtney - So glad to hear the insurance got sorted through your diligent efforts. I wouldn't be surprised if there is pressure to avoid over-covering in this political and financial climate. :( But hopefully it was indeed just a clerical error. 

I want to feel the baby moving!!! I feel stuff going on all the time down there but I can't identify it to save my life. And I definitely don't have any light butterfly flutters. :-/

Married to my favorite man in '07. Our firstborn came along in April 2012 (HBC), and our second is on the way, due sometime in May 2014 (planning an HBAC).
#19 of 59 Old 10-11-2011, 06:24 AM

Rosie, I never had light butterfly flutters. I always had what I imagine it feels like if a hamster were using your uterus as a hamster wheel. This light patter that starts in one place and works it's way to another. Either that or a feeling like there is popcorn popping in your belly. Not light or tickly, just quick gentle little bops. Sometimes if you crunch up (so that your belly is against your thighs), it makes it easier to feel.

#20 of 59 Old 10-11-2011, 06:33 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)

Thursday Girl - I'm in your "cynical boat." All the insurance companies (and probably Medicaid/Medicare) are apt to deny people the first go round. Imagine how much money they can save themselves from all the people who give up right away. irked.gif As annoying as it is to deal with, calling back almost always fixes the problem. Glad you did, it would be a shame to pay out of pocket for something you qualify for.

DH is convinced I'm being over-sensitive and/or milking the baby thing too. He keeps telling me that I'm barely pregnant and should feel fine. Even the dr. saying at every appointment that fatigue is really normal in the 1st trimester doesn't seem to sink in for him. Oh well, I am starting to feel less overwhelmingly fatigued. I at least don't feel like I can only work half a day at work before needing a nap. Not to the point of being able to keep up with housework, but at least making it through work-work.

Now that we got past the first dr. visit, I want to start telling friends, but after knowing for 2 months while keeping it a secret, it almost seems hard to spill the beans now.

fairy.gif (DSD 10yo) angel2.gif (29wks - 2/2012) babygirl.gifrainbow1284.gif (1/2013)

#21 of 59 Old 10-11-2011, 08:01 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
My wife is not buying my tired and sick excuses any more, either, which makes me sad, because I AM. Ugh. Going to try the squished up trick and see if I can feel anything, but so far nothing. I already feel big, though, which I know is silly, but my balance isn’t good to start off with, and I feel like the extra belly is making me a little unsteady and it’s harder to change positions already. What is this going to be like in 4 months? Or 6?

She's here!
And so are the boys!
#22 of 59 Old 10-11-2011, 09:40 AM

Courtney - Glad you got that worked out!  I know it's got to be a relief!

No religious talk today so far, but it's only lunchtime.  Talked w/ DH about it lastnight, and decided when the next conversation starts, I'm going to speak up politely and ask that the conversations don't take place around me.  And I'll be honest and say that I haven't spoken up b/c I am afraid I'll get fired for it, and see what happens.  I don't want to offend anyone, but I hate sitting here being proselytised to with direct contradictions and attacks to my faith/beliefs.  Thanks for your commiseration, lol.  Hopefully it will end soon.

I feel like I'm way bigger than I should be for 12W6D.  I've gained a total of 5 pounds so far, but I am bumped out more than I think I should be.  Anyone else feeling like that? 

#23 of 59 Old 10-11-2011, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zuzusplace View Post

Rosie, I never had light butterfly flutters. I always had what I imagine it feels like if a hamster were using your uterus as a hamster wheel. This light patter that starts in one place and works it's way to another. Either that or a feeling like there is popcorn popping in your belly. Not light or tickly, just quick gentle little bops. Sometimes if you crunch up (so that your belly is against your thighs), it makes it easier to feel.

This is my first time (approx. 12.5 weeks) so I have absolutely NO idea what to expect but I have felt something and am wondering if maybe it's baby?  Occasionally when poking around for my fundus i feel just a little slightly uncomfortable tickle right in the area where I assume my uterus to be.  It doesn't quite feel like popcorn or a hamster because i think of those as being rough feeling but more like... fingers gently stroking my abdomen from inside, but only in the area about the size of my fist (or perhaps a bit smaller even).  what do you think?

happily married to my rock and roll cowboy guitar.gif since 2009, living the dream with our Rosebud, 26/04/12 joy.gif

#24 of 59 Old 10-11-2011, 11:13 AM

The kicks (or popcorn) are a little rougher, sort of like finger pokes. The "hamster" feeling I was referring to is definitely not rough, think of those tiny little hamster feet pattering across, you'd barely be able to tell individual steps...almost exactly like the stroking you are referring to. A lot of people will tell you it's still early, but I think it depends on how sensitive you are to feelings in/on your body. With my first I could feel her at 14 weeks, and by then the strokes covered slightly larger areas, but I don't doubt you could feel it if you're really aware. Especially at your stage I would expect anything you felt would be right down along the pubic bone.

#25 of 59 Old 10-11-2011, 12:10 PM

I am suffer from insomnia as well! I just lay there from 3AM until 7AM wishing I could sleep. It doesn't help that DH has a cold which is making him snore! duh.gif

I feel/am huge! I am 12w5d and I look like I am 6 months. I have only gained 3lbs but I have a very short torso. My doctor was even making fun of how big I am and how big I will be. smile.gif

We had another Ultrasound today and we let my DD who is 11.5 come with us. It was so wonderful that she was able to be there. She almost started crying. The baby was putting on a great show for us crossing its legs, waving, and even sucking its thumb!!  I think I finally feel excited about this pregnancy!!

Me (34) DH (33) We are the proud parents to Rebecca (11) and we are all three excitedjumpers.gif to welcome our newest addition  stork-boy.gif April 20th.

#26 of 59 Old 10-11-2011, 12:35 PM

Courtney--hopefully its straightened out for good.  What a pain.  What ever happened with your blood work?  Will they have to take it again or were they able to do it for you?

Re. balance/growth--I really think that even if you aren't gaining weight, there's so much shifting around in there that it would make sense for your balance to be off.  I haven't gained any weight but I can tell that I'm not as steady as I normally am--I hold on when going up the stairs now, just in case.  Same thing with "fumble fingers" as I call them here.  I drop everything, and I'm attributing it to the hormones and muscles relaxing throughout my body.  DD finds it entertaining.  "Wa happened mommy?"  And I know its just going to get worse!

Re. baby tickles--yep, definitely there.  14+4 weeks here.  Consistently on my right, inside my hip.  Feels like someone signing "yes" inside there over and over. I feel it most when I lay down on my back and everything is still/quiet.  You can also try giving baby a little shove to see if s/he reacts.  I don't think I felt anything until 16+ weeks with my first.  I mostly assumed it was all intestinal.

I'm pretty sure DH thinks I'm being wimpier this time too.  'Course with the first, I could eat dinner out every night and go to sleep at 7:00 p.m. if I needed to--not the same as having a toddler.  Sometimes I want to bop him over the head.  But that's mostly the pg talking too.

#27 of 59 Old 10-11-2011, 01:32 PM

I am sleeping well at night, but I am still so tired. I had such a delightful nap this afternoon that I have to share. I put DD down for her nap and was able to sleep (in and out) for an hour before we had to go get DS from school. There was a prefect breeze coming in the window right across my face and I cuddled up with all the pillows. Loved it!

I feel as big as a house, and have gained about 5 lbs so far. I am 5'2", and I always carry straight out front. There is no where else for it to go!

We went to my Grandma's 80th birthday this weekend. I didn't realize my dad hadn't told anyone, so it was pretty fun when I showed up in maternity clothes. My aunts were super excited, and I was surprised that even my grandma was. She has always encouraged me to get my master's degree, and I have no desire for that right now. One time she even said to me that "women who are meant to be out in this world will never be content staying at home," like I am selling myself short taking care of my kids and that she regrets having taken care of hers. This weekend she was super happy for me and talked about how lucky she felt to have had 5 children. She even wanted to know if I still plan to have 6 kids like I used to want. I don't know on that one. It was just good to get a positive response from her.

I felt my last baby move around 16 weeks, so that is what I am expecting this time around. I have occasionally felt a little something, but I am just not sure. My baby is about 3 inches long. It seems like I should feel a 3 inch something moving around inside of me!

Mom to Sam (3/2007), Bekah (4/2009)hbac.gif, Jedidiah (4/2012)hbac.gif, and expecting #4 in March!
#28 of 59 Old 10-11-2011, 03:30 PM

so jealous of that nap!!!

movement- the first time I felt movement with my first I thought it was gas at first, then i realized it was movement. drinking ice water, orange juice or coffee can also get baby moving.

Kate- they had to throw the 4 VIALS of blood out and I have to go redo that. I'm just glad it's covered or I was going to start having to check out the unassisted board and learn some stuff.

#29 of 59 Old 10-11-2011, 04:44 PM

I'm still not sure if what i'm feeling is baby, it could very well be intestinal, but I am paying close attention!  I guess I'll figure it out sooner or later!

happily married to my rock and roll cowboy guitar.gif since 2009, living the dream with our Rosebud, 26/04/12 joy.gif

#30 of 59 Old 10-11-2011, 06:13 PM

Just a quickie before I pop off to bed.... my midwife appointment today went well and we were able to hear the heartbeat! Yay! 

So there really is a baby in there.  luxlove.gif

knit.gifLaura, mama to my wonderful Wilhelmina (11/08) energy.gif and my precious Peregrine (4/12) babyboy.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page