how consistent should baby movements be??? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 10-22-2011, 04:44 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

So I'm 17 weeks along now and have been feeling baby move for a number of weeks.  In the beginning, movements were consistent... every morning and every evening, activity increased, kicks ands squirms etc.  but now, i feel like the movement has decreased significantly and its sporadic.  is this something to worry about or is it normal??

input please!!!

Married to overworked  DH reading.gif since 2003, happily familybed1.gif mama to DD (01/09) and  babyboy.gif DS (4/12)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 7 Old 10-22-2011, 04:50 PM

You sound EXACTLY like me. I started feeling movement (little bubbly type) around 11 weeks, and it got more and more regular. Then a week or two ago it started decreasing, and now it's only once or twice a week.  I was worried, but trying to stay calm. This is the least active of all my babies to this point in the pregnancy.

Brande: Mama of 5 and perpetual student.

#3 of 7 Old 10-22-2011, 07:20 PM - Thread Starter

same here zuzu, it's so easy to worry and get carried away but so difficult to rationalize that everything is ok....ugh.  

Married to overworked  DH reading.gif since 2003, happily familybed1.gif mama to DD (01/09) and  babyboy.gif DS (4/12)

#4 of 7 Old 10-22-2011, 07:45 PM

Nothing to worry about at all! 

There aren't sensory nerves inside the uterus, so when you feel the baby moving, you're noticing the impact on your abdominal wall caused by the impact of your uterus on it. Baby has likely shifted position and is now kicking towards your back, or into the cushion of the placenta - somewhere where its movements don't displace your abdominal wall.

Fetal movement can be really hit-or-miss until about 26-28 weeks when the baby is big enough to make an impact no matter which position s/he is in.

stepmama to a 9 y.o. bookworm reading.gif and milky mama to the sweetest girl born april 2012 baby.gif

#5 of 7 Old 10-23-2011, 01:40 AM

I'm 15w2d and I feel nothing. Last time I felt movement starting at 11 weeks!

Sometimes I think it's because I'm busy with the littles and don't notice, but even when I lie still and try to concentrate I feel nothing. I would feel a lot better if I felt something.

#6 of 7 Old 10-23-2011, 07:03 AM

Lala is right on.  Consistent movement is not commonly felt until the end of the second trimester.

Me = Healer, yogini, lactivist, step-mom, and wife to my dream come true joy.gif So grateful-- baby #1 April 2012

#7 of 7 Old 10-23-2011, 10:54 AM - Thread Starter

thanks all that really helps!!!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page