Gender Guessing / Confirming - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 11-03-2011, 03:51 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Congrats on the boys and Rasa, I am going to check back all evening to see what your results are!

Wendy,loving wife to Brian, happy mama of Trinity(15), Christian(15), Gavin(13), Logan(11), Griffon(9),Jubilee(7), Epiphany (4), and Lucian Danger( born 18 April 12) <3
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-03-2011, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasa View Post

Gender guess: stork-suprise.gif

Confirmation Date: November 3 (hopefully!)

Thoughts/Notes: Chinese calendar says boy.  We have almost 7 yrs of DD's 'girl' clothes and shoes saved so Murphy's law says probably WILL be a boy but honestly not having any strong feelings one way or another.  Morning sickness and reflux (so far) wasn't as bad this time but I did a lot of liver support before this pg and changed a lot of dietary things.  Food aversions still horrid, though... My mom always claimed she felt worse with us girls than my brother.

It's a girl!!  We're thrilled and a bit surprised.  DD(6 yrs) was with us and not sure she wanted to know right away so we had the US tech write it down.  We told him to pass it to us but he sealed it in an envelop.  DD decided she wanted to be the one to open it and claimed she might hold it hostage for a while (as I started to hyperventilate) but she actually opened it in the car  in the parking lot ;-)  I think she was glad to be the one who 'told' us (though DH and I had a pretty good idea from the pic the tech snapped on the US).  We then took phone photos of the picture and note and sent it around to all the family/friends who knew we were expecting and a few who didn't yet--surprise!  This is also the first time we've gotten to verify the heartbeat (144) though I think I heard it faintly on my fetoscope the other day I couldn't count it.  Placenta is along my back, yay!  And head circ. is right in line with estimated due date, heart looked good, abdominal wall looked good.  DH is calmed now and will hopefully be good to go for the homebirth!

Now for names--I had the perfect boy name picked (which will be my backup probably cuz sometimes US can be wrong!)--but then I found out that one of my husband's work partner's JUST named her new son that name...grumble.  I think I would still be willing to use it though it would totally piss this person off, I still have never even met her daughter, who is 3, so it's not like the kids would even know each other.  Anywho, looks like that may be completely irrelevant!

As a bonus, the US tech was willing to swing up and take a look at my gallbladder (I had my first serious gallbladder attack last night) and it looked fine plus no stones, so I'm going to start the milk thistle ASAP to help with that.

Unschooling mama alongside DH (05/01) to DD (5/05).  Expecting #2 spring 2012!

Old 11-03-2011, 07:12 PM

Congrats Rasa!

Ashley, Pagan treehugger.gif mama to E (6/09) and my beautiful hbac.gif baby T (4/3/12)
Old 11-05-2011, 09:19 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Gender guess: stork-suprise.gif

Confirmation Date: November 24 *if baby cooperates*

Thoughts/Notes:

Old 11-05-2011, 11:51 AM

congrats Rasa and sunflower!

Courtney and Cree, baby made 3, added one more then there were 4, sakes alive, then we had 5, another in the mix now we have 6!

A Momma in love with her Little Women-Jewel Face, Jo Jo Bean, June Bug, and Sweet Coraline.

Old 11-06-2011, 06:20 PM

Gender Guess:stork-boy.gif

Confirmation Date: November 30th

Thoughts/ Notes:  I'm guessing boy.... but we really, really, really want a girl. The Chinese Lunar Calender says boy and I just have this feeling that it probably will be. Either way November 30th can't get here fast enough!

Artist wife to dh_malesling.GIF. Mom to DSS superhero.gif (3 yrs) and DD (04/12).  brokenheart.gif (2/28/10). winner.jpgcd.gif

Old 11-09-2011, 07:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiromama01 View Post

gender guess: boy

confirmation date: nov 8 US

thoughts/notes:  with my dd, I was convinced she was a he, even though we had the anatomy scan and before birth owned a lot a pink ...everything.  this time, i'm feeling blue, but who knows, i was fantastically wrong last time around. this is likely our last, so it would be great to have one of each, but then, another girl would fit right in too... so i guess we'll see!!!!

IT'S A BOY!!!!!!!!!! we're soooo excited, however, we have a 3 year old DD, and I'm beginning to notice just how much *pink* we have around the house!!! So it's time to start over with things a little less feminine! lol :) 

Married to overworked  DH reading.gif since 2003, happily familybed1.gif mama to DD (01/09) and  babyboy.gif DS (4/12)

Old 11-09-2011, 08:01 AM

Congrats Chiromama!!!!

Brande: Mama of 5 and perpetual student.

Old 11-09-2011, 11:15 AM

Congrats!!!

Wendy,loving wife to Brian, happy mama of Trinity(15), Christian(15), Gavin(13), Logan(11), Griffon(9),Jubilee(7), Epiphany (4), and Lucian Danger( born 18 April 12) <3
Old 11-09-2011, 12:11 PM

yay for a boy!

Courtney and Cree, baby made 3, added one more then there were 4, sakes alive, then we had 5, another in the mix now we have 6!

A Momma in love with her Little Women-Jewel Face, Jo Jo Bean, June Bug, and Sweet Coraline.

Old 11-09-2011, 02:38 PM

Gender guess: stork-girl.gif

Confirmation Date: April 11th, 2011... or whenever baby decides to come out!  Our u/s is on Nov. 23rd, but we are team green! kid.gif

Thoughts/Notes: This pregnancy has been very similar to that of my DD, and my 2 DS's were quite similar as well.  I guessed right each time, so here's to another girl!!!

Old 11-09-2011, 04:21 PM

Gender guess: stork-girl.gif

Confirmation Date: 11/9/2011

Gender: Boy.... so I was wrong. But dh and dd and my mother and pretty much everyone else is right!

Thoughts/Notes: I am a little disapointed. I think I was just SO sure of a girl and since I had been right with dd I thought I would be right this time. Dh is now dragging his feet on name ideas and shooting down everything I like:( Oh well.

Mother to one Little Flower Childdust.gif 3/08 and one little squirmy boy babyf.gif 4/12 homebirth.jpg, Wife to fuzmalesling.gif,I am a Vegan Pagan. We familybed1.gifnovaxnocirc.gif mdcblog5.gif!

Old 11-09-2011, 07:31 PM

Ravensong, I'm in the exact same boat (totally expected a girl, surprised and a teensy bit disappointed to see I was wrong) but at least DH is FINALLY cooperating on names.

Anyways, congrats on your boy!

Ashley, Pagan treehugger.gif mama to E (6/09) and my beautiful hbac.gif baby T (4/3/12)
Old 11-09-2011, 07:57 PM

Ravensong: Congratulations! Boys are quite a bit of fun. ;) And I am hoping mine will be a girl, so it's probably a boy. So I might be in the same boat as you at the end of the month. At least you know though! The anticipation is just too much for me!

Artist wife to dh_malesling.GIF. Mom to DSS superhero.gif (3 yrs) and DD (04/12).  brokenheart.gif (2/28/10). winner.jpgcd.gif

Old 11-10-2011, 09:42 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

ravensong- i wanted a gilr with my first (who is now a straping young kindergarden boy) until someone told me this:

no one will EVER love you as much as your son. when hes little he will stroke your skin when you nurse and as he grows he will stroke your hair, and be so enamored with you untill he finds another girl. he will then his whole life be trying to find a girl just like you.  your son is the only person who will see you for the amazing woman you are. 

another thing iv learned with my 2 children, ( for toddlers on up): girls are like cats. they like to be cuddled but on their own time, and when they are done, they are done. they are much more  guarded with their affections and they think thru everything. they have a sweet purrrr and soft love, but it is theirs, not yours.  boys are like puppies, they want to be touched and loved and wrestled thru adulthood.    their love is available and palpatable. and i have to say...iv always been a dog person. :)   

enjoy your beautiful son!!!! believe me.....boys are amazing. joy.gif

DS-8/06 peace.gif
DD-5/08 innocent.gif
DD-4/12 loveeyes.gif
Due: July2014 shy.gif
semi crunchy, but getting crispier!

*** heartbeat.gif 5****10****15****20****25****30****35****40
Old 11-10-2011, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivica2 View Post

no one will EVER love you as much as your son. when hes little he will stroke your skin when you nurse and as he grows he will stroke your hair, and be so enamored with you untill he finds another girl. he will then his whole life be trying to find a girl just like you.  your son is the only person who will see you for the amazing woman you are. 

Thank you vivica, this is just what I needed to hear, you made me tear up a bit too, lol. 

I think I was just sad to put away little baby dresses etc. I am over my feelings of disappointment today, especially since dh is being so cute- talking about his son and talking to him. 

Mother to one Little Flower Childdust.gif 3/08 and one little squirmy boy babyf.gif 4/12 homebirth.jpg, Wife to fuzmalesling.gif,I am a Vegan Pagan. We familybed1.gifnovaxnocirc.gif mdcblog5.gif!

Old 11-10-2011, 10:26 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

if it makes you feel any better i cried (off an on) for 2 weeks when i found out dd was a girl..i wanted another boy so bad! haha. you are doing awesome. :)

DS-8/06 peace.gif
DD-5/08 innocent.gif
DD-4/12 loveeyes.gif
Due: July2014 shy.gif
semi crunchy, but getting crispier!

*** heartbeat.gif 5****10****15****20****25****30****35****40
Old 11-10-2011, 10:47 AM - Thread Starter

vivica2 - your post made me cry. I'm sitting here at my desk at school with tears streaming. I guess it was time for a good waterworks session! I used to want only boys (terrified of girls because I can't imagine having a child like me, my mom is a saint). That was before we started trying. Now I just want to know! 

Married to my favorite man in '07. Our firstborn came along in April 2012 (HBC), and our second is on the way, due sometime in May 2014 (planning an HBAC).
Old 11-10-2011, 11:25 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Gender guess: Boy

Confirmation Date: Ultrasound scheduled for 11/22 and I am so excited!!!

Thoughts/Notes: Thought it was a girl in the beginning but lately, and every time I have heard the heartbeat, I feel like it is a boy.  So, now I am completely confused.  Girl names have been way easier and the only dream I have had about the baby have had the baby a girl.  I think this is really a case of being really ok with either one.  I was scared to have a girl when pg with DS bc I didn't want all of that pink and girls seemed complicated.  This time, I feel happy with either. I feel like brothers have a special bond and that would be fun to watch with my DS1 growing up, but my younger sister and brother are also really close.  If it is a boy, it will be the fourth grandson on my side and if it is a girl...she will have three boys within three years of her all being protective and playful with her.  I think I have come to the conclusion that there is only so much that you can pin point on sex of a child and the rest is about relationships, personality, experiences, and your own family. Either way, I really can't wait!

married to my love , in love with MJ born 1/18/10 and PJ born 4/6/12 waterbirth.jpg and now due with a surprise 11/14!
Old 11-10-2011, 03:30 PM

I couldn't have said it better Vivica!!! My son is mommy's boy, without question. He adores me and protects me at all times...he might break things, or not want to help out at times, but when it matters I know where his heart lies. My daughters are much more distant (and I find girls in general break away from mom as they try to prove they are their own person). I'm SO hoping for a little boy again.

And yes, you'll have to put away those pretty little dresses, but think of the adorable little suits you get to replace them with!!

Old 11-11-2011, 06:49 AM

Quote:

ravensong- i wanted a gilr with my first (who is now a straping young kindergarden boy) until someone told me this:

another thing iv learned with my 2 children, ( for toddlers on up): girls are like cats. they like to be cuddled but on their own time, and when they are done, they are done. they are much more  guarded with their affections and they think thru everything. they have a sweet purrrr and soft love, but it is theirs, not yours.  boys are like puppies, they want to be touched and loved and wrestled thru adulthood.    their love is available and palpatable. and i have to say...iv always been a dog person. :)   

enjoy your beautiful son!!!! believe me.....boys are amazing. joy.gif

While I don't have a girl yet, I totally love my son to death!  I had wanted a girl at first, but am so glad I have a boy.  He is such a Mama's boy.  While he does have his daddy days, it's always Mommy in the end.  He is such a caring and wonderful little boy who loves to be hugged and cuddled!  I still hold him to sleep and while sometimes I wish he'd go to bed without being held, I adore that time because it's such a cuddle moment that lasts longer than a few minutes (very active little boy during the day).

Mother to a crazy wonderful son born 7-11-09 and A very determined amazing daughter born 5-3-12!
Old 11-11-2011, 08:06 AM

Quote:

I love this. joy.gifMade me tear up a little too!! I love my boy so much. He's the sweetest little angel and he's just so dear to me.

I am good either way this second baby turns out though because I think it'd be nice to have a girl because it'd be different and I'd like to experience raising both and having one of each. However, I have to admit I'm a little terrified of having a girl because I just don't know as much about little girls and I can imagine the increased "maintenance" with girls and whatnot. (Also, I'm not too much of a "girly girl" myself and I kind of hate pink.) Because of all that, and because I love little boys, I'd also be fine if this baby turns out blue. It'd be nice to get to reuse more of the clothes and toys we have and whatnot, and I feel like I already know what to expect with a boy, but life is all about the surprises so it'd be nice with a girl to experience all the unexpected I suppose too. Either way I'm good. wink1.gif We find out sometime soonish... I hope!!!

Mother to a wonderful 3yr old boy babyboy.gif (02/17/09) and a beautiful newborn baby girl babygirl.gif (04/15/12). Wife to an amazing husband since June '06.dh_malesling.GIF

namaste.gif  femalesling.GIF   nak.gifcd.gif   sewmachine.gif crochetsmilie.gif  geek.gif   goorganic.jpg

Old 11-11-2011, 08:26 AM

Lats night I couldn't sleep b/c I realized that I will be sad if the baby isn't a girl and sad if the baby isn't a boy. So either way I will be happy and sad.

Old 11-11-2011, 08:32 AM

Courtney- When do you find out?

happily married to my rock and roll cowboy guitar.gif since 2009, living the dream with our Rosebud, 26/04/12 joy.gif

Old 11-11-2011, 03:05 PM

so we had the sono today but won't find out until tomorrow at the gender party. my friend is teasing me that she will make it a swirl cake. the ultrasound tech said 80% on the gender she wrote, which is what they said for my last kid.

Old 11-12-2011, 02:12 PM - Thread Starter

Courtney - I'm looking forward to pics and the reveal! 

Married to my favorite man in '07. Our firstborn came along in April 2012 (HBC), and our second is on the way, due sometime in May 2014 (planning an HBAC).
Old 11-12-2011, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RosieL View Post

Courtney - I'm looking forward to pics and the reveal! 

Me too! Very excited to hear!!!

Crunchy Mama to 3 boys bikenew.gif'06  and superhero.gif '08  h20homebirth.gif  and  moon.gif '10  uc.jpg

And a brand new baby  babygirl.gif born 4/12 uc.jpg

joy.gifOur family is now complete  chicken3.gif

Old 11-12-2011, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday Girl View Post

Gender guess: stork-boy.gif

Confirmation Date: Ultrasound in about 3 weeks

Thoughts/Notes: I have been thinking boy since I heard the heartbeat, I was just flooded with this feeling that it was a boy. Hubs says girl.  (We have a bet going, if it's a boy, he has to clean the bathroom 6 times, if it's a girl I have to catch up all the laundry in 1 week.)

382937_10150457847032518_671497517_10391400_929737615_n.jpg

it's a girl (or 80% sure anyway)

Old 11-12-2011, 03:49 PM

Sorry about that laundry duty Courtney, but congrats on the girl!!!! :)

Old 11-12-2011, 09:02 PM

vivica-that was beautiful! oh my. I wish I would have put up my guess on here sooner. At least I put it on the rollcall.

The night before we found out we were pregnant I had this strange dream. There was a baby on top of this tall white box and a man in his late twenties across from him also on a white box. My DH looked at the man, got in between them and picked up the baby. I had been wanting a baby, but felt very bad when he picked up this baby. Almost like a greiving feeling.

I don't really have a stance on reincarnation, but I woke up pretty darn convinced I was pregnant and having a boy.

And we are! :)

User Tag List