Gender Guessing / Confirming - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 11-13-2011, 07:43 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)

congrats to both of you!  and sorry about the laundry duty. :)

DS-8/06 peace.gif
DD-5/08 innocent.gif
DD-4/12 loveeyes.gif
Due: July2014 shy.gif
semi crunchy, but getting crispier!

*** heartbeat.gif 5****10****15****20****25****30****35****40
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-13-2011, 01:13 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Congrats on the girl Courtney!  How long can you put off the week of catch-up laundry?  It should diminish a good deal by about 2029?

Unschooling mama alongside DH (05/01) to DD (5/05).  Expecting #2 spring 2012!

Old 11-13-2011, 01:15 PM

Oh my winterhalter--that is a powerful dream!  Congrats on your little boy!!

Old 11-14-2011, 09:31 AM

Yay for a girl! Boo for the laundry!

Old 11-14-2011, 04:00 PM

Gender guess: stork-girl.gif

Confirmation Date: Nov. 14th

Thoughts/Notes: We had our scan this a.m. and i was SHOCKED to learn it was a boy. But there was no mistaking it. I had felt strongly that I had a girl. As the shock wears off it's replaced with genuine excitement to prepare clothes and space for our little boy! Fun day.

Old 11-14-2011, 04:22 PM

Congrats! I too was shocked to see my presumed little girl had a penis! But yay for boys!!!

How!!! many!!!! exc!amat!on points!!! can I put in this post!!!!!?!!!!

Ashley, Pagan treehugger.gif mama to E (6/09) and my beautiful hbac.gif baby T (4/3/12)
Old 11-14-2011, 05:12 PM - Thread Starter

I love exclamation points too! I am genuinely excited for all these reveals. :)

Married to my favorite man in '07. Our firstborn came along in April 2012 (HBC), and our second is on the way, due sometime in May 2014 (planning an HBAC).
Old 11-14-2011, 05:18 PM

So many boys so far!  I have my scan Wednesday morning and I cannot wait!  We didn't find out with DD, but I'm really excited to find out this one!  Wednesday morning can't come soon enough!

Erin , loving wife to Dave, mom to 3cat.gif, angel.gifangel.gifDec. '06, angel.gifOct. '08, DD Reagan Oct. 3, 2009

and DS Jack April 4,2012

Old 11-14-2011, 05:27 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

to add a few exclamations points in here (i totally lol'd at that btw) ...... i have my scan on Monday!!!!!!! i moved it up cuz I'm so inpatient!!!!!

DS-8/06 peace.gif
DD-5/08 innocent.gif
DD-4/12 loveeyes.gif
Due: July2014 shy.gif
semi crunchy, but getting crispier!

*** heartbeat.gif 5****10****15****20****25****30****35****40
Old 11-14-2011, 09:30 PM

Gender guess: boy
Confirmation date: ultrasound on 11/17 two more days! smile.gif
Thoughts/notes: I have even purchased boy things and will be thoroughly surprised if this baby is a girl. I was certain my Daughter was a girl from the beginning even though I had hoped for a boy first( I am the oldest and wanted a big brother for my little girl) but felt so connected and in tune with her from before I even knew I was pregnant. Despite all this I started to doubt my intuition right before the ultrasound and that is happening again. Also, I don't feel certain there are two babies growing inside of me but for some reason I keep picturing a girl and a boy. I had a hard time postpartum with my daughter so I guess I am just subconsciously wishing to get a two-for lol

"E" reggo :yoga wash.gif :clothes and if I have time knit.gif peas in a pod with overworked DP "E" Cosleeping, Extended breastfeeding, Cloth Diapering(a bit obsessed), babywearing, SAHM to DD wl 9/09 and expecting homebirth in 4/12 joy.gif
Old 11-15-2011, 07:23 PM

Just found out yesterday that we are having a girl! I really felt like it was a girl from the start (the same way I knew we were having a boy last time and was correct). We're very excited as we're only having two kids and now we'll have one of each. :D

Now I just have to figure out what to do with a girl! They seem so foreign to me after raising a boy. :)

Old 11-16-2011, 02:18 PM

Add another to team blue!!  We're having a boy!!

Erin , loving wife to Dave, mom to 3cat.gif, angel.gifangel.gifDec. '06, angel.gifOct. '08, DD Reagan Oct. 3, 2009

and DS Jack April 4,2012

Old 11-16-2011, 02:39 PM - Thread Starter

Congrats mamas! I'm starting to fall apart at the seams. I wanna know so bad so I can start calling baby by name. And we kind of agreed to "announce" to our online world after the anatomy scan...so that's coming up too. Dec 2 cant come fast enough.

Married to my favorite man in '07. Our firstborn came along in April 2012 (HBC), and our second is on the way, due sometime in May 2014 (planning an HBAC).
Old 11-16-2011, 03:29 PM

Congrats to everyone who has already found out!

Rosie, I have been doing my best to not look at the calendar and pretending like it is far away but starting yesterday I am about to explode with curiosity. Today is taking forever. And I all of a sudden am having anxiety. Try to pretend like December second is next year and hopefully it will fly by.

Did any of you have anxiety the night before? I am especially having anxiety about going to a medical/hospital. Last pregnancy I had to go to the hospital 6 weeks into my pregnancy and they were just awful, granted totally different place, but still scared and feeling like I need to protect my baby from all the machines. And what if they find something wrong. Or if I was wrong and it is a girl. I know it won't matter once this baby comes but still.

Big hugs to you all and thanks for letting me rant and rave.

"E" reggo :yoga wash.gif :clothes and if I have time knit.gif peas in a pod with overworked DP "E" Cosleeping, Extended breastfeeding, Cloth Diapering(a bit obsessed), babywearing, SAHM to DD wl 9/09 and expecting homebirth in 4/12 joy.gif
Old 11-16-2011, 04:03 PM

Liss, I had anxiety coming up on the US.  Our previous US experience was pretty traumatic as we got sent after we couldn't pick up heart tones at almost 17 weeks...not believing we would find out our baby had died.  So this time I was anxious because I felt like an US could take away my blissfulness of everything being okay.  I was also filled with excitement too though; to find out if we were having one or two, the gender if our baby wanted us to know and the reassurance that everything was healthy looking. 

Hopefully, once you get to the hospital, you will have a great experience to offset your negative experience from the past :)  That's how it felt for me.

Tanya treehugger.gif DH-Brian, DD Adri (8), DD Izzy (7), DS Ollie angel.gif (1/5/11 @ 17 weeks) and our rainbow1284.gif baby due April 12th, 2012.

Of all the lessons I did not learn as a child, or even as an adult; I learn through being, mother to my children. Through love and through pain, we are delivered and blessed!

Old 11-16-2011, 04:17 PM

Congrats on all the gender reveals everyone!

RosieL--hopefully the busyness around Thanksgiving will make time go more quickly for you.  I know how anxious I was but never more so than waiting with an OVERfull bladder an extra 15 min for my scan cause they were backed up (yikes!!)  Luckily, as soon as the tech got images of my cervix to check for previa he told me I could go relieve the pressure and he'd finish up the scan without it--I actually didn't know they could do that and wish I'd known with DD.  I was able to enjoy the rest of our very quick US WAY more with an empty bladder!!!

Old 11-16-2011, 07:16 PM - Thread Starter

Wait, I need a full bladder to do an US? UGH. That'll be hard to make happen. I pee every thirty minutes! How am I supposed to anticipate when they'll call me back? LOL

I'm also excited about the ultrasound because I'll get to talk with my OB for the first time about this pregnancy. I love her as a GYN, but told her I'd probably go with a midwife once I finally got pregnant. She said she understood, given the rates of c-sections and defensive medicine in her practice (aka unnecessary interventions). I kind of want to ask her to be my back up, but only if it's only her. 

Old 11-16-2011, 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rasa View Post
I know how anxious I was but never more so than waiting with an OVERfull bladder an extra 15 min for my scan cause they were backed up (yikes!!)  Luckily, as soon as the tech got images of my cervix to check for previa he told me I could go relieve the pressure and he'd finish up the scan without it--I actually didn't know they could do that and wish I'd known with DD.  I was able to enjoy the rest of our very quick US WAY more with an empty bladder!!!

I don't get the full bladder thing.  Does it just make the picture easier to read?  I've had two so far (one in the ER, one for "dating" b/c I'm "choosing my battles" with my HCP), and I didn't have a full bladder for either of those.  And they were pretty darn clear IMO.  And last pg when I had a level II, they didn't ask for a full bladder.  I'm going to ask to pee asap.  I HATE that OMG I'm gonna pee my pants feeling.

Old 11-16-2011, 08:21 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I had one us with a full bladder and it wasn't when pg. I think it is torture! None of the ultrasounds (I had two) with DS required me to have a full bladder, unless they suggest it, I wouldn't worry about it.  Peeing every 30 min means you'll probably have enough in there anyway winky.gif

Looking forward to hearing how everyone's ultrasounds go in the near future and congrats for the recent ones who have found out!  I am on pins and needles waiting until 11/22, this weekend is going to D R A G by!

married to my love , in love with MJ born 1/18/10 and PJ born 4/6/12 waterbirth.jpg and now due with a surprise 11/14!
Old 11-16-2011, 10:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AiryFairy View Post

Liss, I had anxiety coming up on the US.  Our previous US experience was pretty traumatic as we got sent after we couldn't pick up heart tones at almost 17 weeks...not believing we would find out our baby had died.  So this time I was anxious because I felt like an US could take away my blissfulness of everything being okay.  I was also filled with excitement too though; to find out if we were having one or two, the gender if our baby wanted us to know and the reassurance that everything was healthy looking. 

Hopefully, once you get to the hospital, you will have a great experience to offset your negative experience from the past :)  That's how it felt for me.

Thank you so much for sharing this with me. I am sending you big huge heart hugs! smile.gif

Old 11-17-2011, 01:18 PM

I have a silly question for those who have found out gender already...does the gender of your baby match up with the Chinese Conception Chart? All my previous 4 children were right on with the CCC, but this time I feel strongly BOY but the CCC says GIRL. So, I'm just curious. I previously believed in the chart because it was correct for me four times!

Congrats to those who have found out! I have my 20 week ultrasound in 5 days and I'm getting excited about it. biggrinbounce.gif

chicken3.gif Student mama to four big kids and one brand new baby girl Lennon (04/17/12)

Old 11-17-2011, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazelbranch View Post

Confirmation Date: 11/17

Thoughts/Notes:  Last pregnancy my dreams all pointed to girl, and this time most of them point to girl but I have had one with a boy.  DD has been telling me there is one of each in there, but when she says it is a single it is always a girl.  I'm not sure we are going to find out the sex at the scan, but I'm leaning towards find out.

Just got back from the ultrasound and found out it is a stork-boy.gif.  I'm a little... woah.  I didn't realize just how much I thought it was a girl til suddenly... it wasn't!  A boy inside me?  Weird! :p

knit.gifLaura, mama to my wonderful Wilhelmina (11/08) energy.gif and my precious Peregrine (4/12) babyboy.gif

Old 11-17-2011, 03:50 PM

I luxlove.gif reading about all the reveals! Congrats on your boy,Laura!

Wendy,loving wife to Brian, happy mama of Trinity(15), Christian(15), Gavin(13), Logan(11), Griffon(9),Jubilee(7), Epiphany (4), and Lucian Danger( born 18 April 12) <3
Old 11-17-2011, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by belacmsage View Post

Confirmation Date: maybe the ultrasound on 11/16 but we are still discussing if we want to know before the baby comes

Thoughts/Notes: We have a boy and really want at least one of each. We are also in the process of adopting so finding out if this one is a boy or girl may help us decide if we want to adopt a specific gender or not. No matter what, we are just hoping that everything is fine on the anatomy scan. 

It's a girl stork-girl.gif ! We decided to find out and not tell anyone IRL instead of throwing a gender reveal party. We are so excited! Congrats to all the other mommies who have found out and good luck to all those finding out soon! I hope everyone gets what they want - a healthy baby!

Wife to Geof reading.gif (4/10), Mom to Connorbabyf.gif(7/14/10) and Cayleigh babygirl.gif (4/20/12). Living with Factor V Leiden (7/12).

Old 11-17-2011, 07:02 PM

congrats Bela and Laura!! Wendy is right, it is fun to read the reveals!

Courtney and Cree, baby made 3, added one more then there were 4, sakes alive, then we had 5, another in the mix now we have 6!

A Momma in love with her Little Women-Jewel Face, Jo Jo Bean, June Bug, and Sweet Coraline.

Old 11-17-2011, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liss86 View Post

Gender guess: boy
Confirmation date: ultrasound on 11/17 two more days! smile.gif
Thoughts/notes: I have even purchased boy things and will be thoroughly surprised if this baby is a girl. I was certain my Daughter was a girl from the beginning even though I had hoped for a boy first( I am the oldest and wanted a big brother for my little girl) but felt so connected and in tune with her from before I even knew I was pregnant. Despite all this I started to doubt my intuition right before the ultrasound and that is happening again. Also, I don't feel certain there are two babies growing inside of me but for some reason I keep picturing a girl and a boy. I had a hard time postpartum with my daughter so I guess I am just subconsciously wishing to get a two-for lol

I wish I had the ability to paste in that super cute stork but my darn iPad has so many limitations. But we found out today and we are having a Boy!!! smile.gif I am really excited. Yay!

Old 11-17-2011, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday Girl View Post

congrats Bela and Laura!! Wendy is right, it is fun to read the reveals!

I too find it fun to read the reveals and am sorry to hear about your laundry load. I wish I could virtually help you get it done. :Hugs

Old 11-18-2011, 05:40 AM - Thread Starter

First page updated to here. Congrats mommas! 

Old 11-18-2011, 07:24 AM

oh I only have 1-2 loads left, of course I won't get  to it until tomorrow so 3 loads. MAYBE.  I STILL think it's a boy and Hubs says if it comes out a boy he will clean the bathroom 6 times, I said he should then also have to do all the laundry in 1 week b/c I wouldn't have been doing it if the sono was right. He said he shouldn't be responsible for someone Elses mistake. whatever. i told him to just to agree to it because it would make me happy and after the baby is born he will be doing all the laundry for awhile anyway. haha.

congrats on the boy, so neat that you just know. I never even had an idea what i was having until this pregnancy, and apparently I might be wrong.

Courtney and Cree, baby made 3, added one more then there were 4, sakes alive, then we had 5, another in the mix now we have 6!

A Momma in love with her Little Women-Jewel Face, Jo Jo Bean, June Bug, and Sweet Coraline.

Old 11-18-2011, 10:30 AM

saudade---the chinese conception calendar was correct with my daughter, but not this one.  it said girl again, so i was expecting girl but really hoping for a boy.  i'm happy that it was wrong and we got our boy, because this will be our last and i really wanted one of each!!

and DS Jack April 4,2012

User Tag List