Gender Guessing / Confirming - Page 4 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#91 of 180 Old 11-18-2011, 12:07 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

So many new reveals!!  Congrats ladies!

saudade, the chinese calendar was wrong for me this time (well, unless the ultrasound is wrong!) and last time I couldn't tell because I conceived right around my birthday, don't know if it was on, before, after, and the calendar said girl for one of my age years and boy for the other (I had a girl).

Unschooling mama alongside DH (05/01) to DD (5/05).  Expecting #2 spring 2012!

#92 of 180 Old 11-18-2011, 12:12 PM

Saudade: For us the chinese calendar is completely wrong. It says DD should be a boy and impending boychild should be a girl.

Ashley, Pagan treehugger.gif mama to E (6/09) and my beautiful hbac.gif baby T (4/3/12)
#93 of 180 Old 11-18-2011, 03:34 PM

The Chinese calendar thingie I found online pegged my DD as a boy, and the uterus inhabitant as a girl. :p

knit.gifLaura, mama to my wonderful Wilhelmina (11/08) energy.gif and my precious Peregrine (4/12) babyboy.gif

#94 of 180 Old 11-18-2011, 03:36 PM

The Chinese calendar was right for me in three out of four, and says this one's a girl (I think it's wrong again, but we'll see).

Brande: Mama of 5 and perpetual student.

#95 of 180 Old 11-18-2011, 06:35 PM

i'm hoping mine is wrong!  it predicts a boy but i've been hoping for a girl!  of course i'll be happy either way, though :)

happily married to my rock and roll cowboy guitar.gif since 2009, living the dream with our Rosebud, 26/04/12 joy.gif

#96 of 180 Old 11-20-2011, 03:47 AM

Mine said the first 3 should  be boys and this one should be a girl.

Courtney and Cree, baby made 3, added one more then there were 4, sakes alive, then we had 5, another in the mix now we have 6!

A Momma in love with her Little Women-Jewel Face, Jo Jo Bean, June Bug, and Sweet Coraline.

#97 of 180 Old 11-21-2011, 04:58 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RosieL View Post

Gender guess: Boy stork-boy.gif

Confirmation Date: First and only ultrasound planned on Dec 2.

Thoughts/Notes: Everyone thinks this is a girl except DH. Mom, friends, random acquaintances. 

I'm changing my "no clue" guess to boy. I keep accidentally using male pronouns, so I'm taking that as a bit of unconscious signaling. We shall see in a couple weeks!

Married to my favorite man in '07. Our firstborn came along in April 2012 (HBC), and our second is on the way, due sometime in May 2014 (planning an HBAC).
#98 of 180 Old 11-21-2011, 05:02 AM

Not officially changing my guess from girl, but lately I don't have the strong girl feeling I did before.  Also using "he" a lot.  We'll find out tomorrow!

#99 of 180 Old 11-22-2011, 08:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by justKate View Post

Gender guess: stork-girl.gif

Confirmation Date: Nov. 22nd u/s

Thoughts/Notes: I've been feeling girl from the beginning, but lately I've been saying "he" a lot, so I'm less sure now (at 16 weeks).  I know DH would be extra excited about a boy, since this is probably our last baby.  Guess we'll see!

ETA: I was completely sure about DD being a girl from the beginning, and a girl would sort of fit better into our family at this point.... Plus no circ conversations with DH. 

ETA again: Wrong about u/s date.

stork-girl.gif  ITS A GIRL!  I'm 20+4 today (by my dates) and she's measuring 20+5; u/s machine estimated weight at 12 oz. Very clear three lines; it was neat to see.  Everything looks good--no sign of the uterine synechiae I had last pg or the SCH I had earlier in this one.  Placenta is high and posterior.  Baby is positioned like I thought, so that was good reassurance (that I'm feeling her correctly). Yay! 

I can tell DH is disappointed, but trying to keep a happy face on.  He said something really insightful, actually--that if this was a boy, it would be hard not to hold him to the same standards of adventureousness/tough kid-ness that DD has.  I can see him being less patient with a calm or fearful boy than he would be with a girl (especially since DD is so wild).  So I think this will be good for our family.

Can't wait for more announcements this afternoon!

ETA: for the person that asked, I think the Chinese gender calendar thing did say girl for this one (as well as for DD).

#100 of 180 Old 11-22-2011, 10:05 AM

today is the day isn't it. I'll be checking the thread. Congrats Kate, I am super excited you are having another girl!

Courtney and Cree, baby made 3, added one more then there were 4, sakes alive, then we had 5, another in the mix now we have 6!

A Momma in love with her Little Women-Jewel Face, Jo Jo Bean, June Bug, and Sweet Coraline.

#101 of 180 Old 11-22-2011, 03:23 PM

Congratulations Kate! I'm so anxious for next week! I am still keeping my fingers crossed for a girl!

Artist wife to dh_malesling.GIF. Mom to DSS superhero.gif (3 yrs) and DD (04/12).  brokenheart.gif (2/28/10). winner.jpgcd.gif

#102 of 180 Old 11-22-2011, 03:34 PM

Congratulations Kate!  I bet your DD will have a ton of fun with a sister and YAY--no circ. conversations.  (I just found out DH was leaning pro-circ...good thing we're having a girl too cause that's one battle I would not lose!)

Unschooling mama alongside DH (05/01) to DD (5/05).  Expecting #2 spring 2012!

#103 of 180 Old 11-22-2011, 04:40 PM - Thread Starter

Congratulations justKate!

I think we have decided to find out during the ultrasound (as opposed to through a note opened later in some creative way like Courtney), precisely because I want to see what is going on and get to ask questions. I just found out someone in our social circle got a wrong result. They painted pink walls and out came a boy! That makes the possibility of the one US gender determination change we'll have so much more suspect.

I hear that false girl predictions are much more prevalent than false boy. Is that true?

Married to my favorite man in '07. Our firstborn came along in April 2012 (HBC), and our second is on the way, due sometime in May 2014 (planning an HBAC).
#104 of 180 Old 11-22-2011, 04:54 PM

Rosie, that is because quite often "lack of boy parts" equates to "must be a girl". If you can actually see those three little lines it's just as reliable as seeing a penis on the screen.

Brande: Mama of 5 and perpetual student.

#105 of 180 Old 11-22-2011, 05:12 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks zuzus. That what I thought I remembered, but wasn't sure. 

#106 of 180 Old 11-22-2011, 05:23 PM

I wish she had given me a photo of the 3 lines, it was so cool.  She only gave me one skeletor-type photo--that's their policy.  Ah well!

#107 of 180 Old 11-22-2011, 07:45 PM

It's a...

GIRL!!!!  

I was wrong (for the first time! I knew instinctively what all my other kids were!!!) and the Chinese Conception Chart was right! HAH! Ultrasound photos to come later on the u/s thread.

Quote:

Originally Posted by saudade View Post

Gender guess: stork-boy.gif

Confirmation Date: 11/22/11

Thoughts/Notes: I am not sure if I'll be getting an ultrasound yet. I've felt BOY this whole time...and I've never been wrong with any of my kids. Odds are that I'm probably due for a wrong guess/intuition with #5. rolleyes.gif  But...I'm sticking with my gut and guessing BOY!

chicken3.gif Student mama to four big kids and one brand new baby girl Lennon (04/17/12)

#108 of 180 Old 11-22-2011, 08:06 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by flavorfull1 View Post

Gender guess: Boy

Confirmation Date: Ultrasound scheduled for 11/22 and I am so excited!!!

Thoughts/Notes: Thought it was a girl in the beginning but lately, and every time I have heard the heartbeat, I feel like it is a boy.  So, now I am completely confused.  Girl names have been way easier and the only dream I have had about the baby have had the baby a girl.  I think this is really a case of being really ok with either one.  I was scared to have a girl when pg with DS bc I didn't want all of that pink and girls seemed complicated.  This time, I feel happy with either. I feel like brothers have a special bond and that would be fun to watch with my DS1 growing up, but my younger sister and brother are also really close.  If it is a boy, it will be the fourth grandson on my side and if it is a girl...she will have three boys within three years of her all being protective and playful with her.  I think I have come to the conclusion that there is only so much that you can pin point on sex of a child and the rest is about relationships, personality, experiences, and your own family. Either way, I really can't wait!

It is a girl for us too! very clear girl parts and she is so cute! Very excited and DS keeps saying "little sister" which melts me!

married to my love , in love with MJ born 1/18/10 and PJ born 4/6/12 waterbirth.jpg and now due with a surprise 11/14!
#109 of 180 Old 11-22-2011, 09:38 PM

we must be nearly caught up with girls by now! congrats everybody!  I'm still excited to leave the gender for a surprise but i love living vicariously through all of you!

joy.gif

happily married to my rock and roll cowboy guitar.gif since 2009, living the dream with our Rosebud, 26/04/12 joy.gif

#110 of 180 Old 11-23-2011, 04:01 AM - Thread Starter

We are neck and neck at 9 boys to 8 girls! :)

#111 of 180 Old 11-23-2011, 05:40 AM

WOoohooo!!! Congrats on the girls!

Wendy,loving wife to Brian, happy mama of Trinity(15), Christian(15), Gavin(13), Logan(11), Griffon(9),Jubilee(7), Epiphany (4), and Lucian Danger( born 18 April 12) <3
#112 of 180 Old 11-23-2011, 05:48 AM

saudade and flavorfull1, CONGRATS!!  jumpers.gif

#113 of 180 Old 11-23-2011, 06:29 AM

Quote:

Congratulations justKate!

I think we have decided to find out during the ultrasound (as opposed to through a note opened later in some creative way like Courtney), precisely because I want to see what is going on and get to ask questions. I just found out someone in our social circle got a wrong result. They painted pink walls and out came a boy! That makes the possibility of the one US gender determination change we'll have so much more suspect.

I hear that false girl predictions are much more prevalent than false boy. Is that true?

I think that's a good idea. I think if I had seen I might be more settled that it is indeed a girl, or I would have gotten there sooner. I WANTED a girl, but felt boy and not seeing left me with doubts. I am completely planning for a girl but there is a part of me that wouldn't be surprised if she was born a he. I have stopped tellign peopel because I think it's just wishful thinking on my part, i mean what person with 3 girls would want a fourth??? (besides me lol)

Quote:

We are neck and neck at 9 boys to 8 girls! :)

this is what I was wondering. how many not finding out until birth?

#114 of 180 Old 11-23-2011, 09:37 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday Girl View Post

I think that's a good idea. I think if I had seen I might be more settled that it is indeed a girl, or I would have gotten there sooner. I WANTED a girl, but felt boy and not seeing left me with doubts. I am completely planning for a girl but there is a part of me that wouldn't be surprised if she was born a he. I have stopped tellign peopel because I think it's just wishful thinking on my part, i mean what person with 3 girls would want a fourth??? (besides me lol)

this is what I was wondering. how many not finding out until birth?

Thanks for the input. I feel like I would love to be surprised in a more special, private way, but the allure of seeing and inspecting the ultrasound in the moment is too high. And I am such a skeptic I would never trust the tech without showing me! I don't think you're crazy in the least for wanting another girl...or not being sure about the determination. 

I'm keeping a running total of our "record" of guessing and listing the boys and girls in a table on the front page. I'm curious how well it'll balance out by the end. :)

#115 of 180 Old 11-23-2011, 10:06 AM

Congrats on those girls ladies!! :)

knit.gifLaura, mama to my wonderful Wilhelmina (11/08) energy.gif and my precious Peregrine (4/12) babyboy.gif

#116 of 180 Old 11-23-2011, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaismum View Post

Gender guess: stork-girl.gif

Confirmation Date: need to schedule...about four weeks from now (10/27...so around Thanksgiving)

Thoughts/Notes: From the start I have strongly felt that this baby is a girl. My husband feels it pretty strongly also. My son has always maintained (for about two years) that he has a baby sister, so maybe he has just always known that she was out there waiting to come? Time will tell. This is definitely our last and really I will be thrilled either way.

We were right...it's a girl

#117 of 180 Old 11-23-2011, 08:35 PM

I'm pretty sure I haven't done this yet, so here goes.  better late than never, right?

Gender guess: stork-boy.gif

Confirmation Date: at the birth, if all goes as planned!

Thoughts/Notes:  I wouldn't say I have a definitive feeling but I think it's more likely a boy.  My mom, a close aunt and FIL all agree, but DH and MIL are team girl.  So far, votes seem pretty much split down the middle, chinese gender chart says boy and ring test says girl, so it's anybody's guess, really!  I would say I am 'hoping for a girl' but wouldn't prefer it that much over a boy, I'm just happy to have a real live, healthy baby on the way love.gif

#118 of 180 Old 11-23-2011, 08:36 PM

oh, and congrats on the girl, kaismum!

#119 of 180 Old 11-24-2011, 03:18 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Today's the day! I'm excited!

#120 of 180 Old 11-24-2011, 09:05 AM - Thread Starter

Congrats kaismum! Good luck dealic!!!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page