Gender Guessing / Confirming - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 180 Old 10-24-2011, 05:25 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

We're getting close to that time ladies! I know we have at least one who's already gotten confirmation she's having a boy (NicMom?). How many others are getting ready for their ultrasounds? How many aren't going to get ultrasounds, or aren't going to find out if they are? Do you *know* what you're having in your heart? Let's track it! (Thread idea borrowed from other DDCs)

Gender guess: stork-suprise.gif/stork-boy.gif/stork-girl.gif

Confirmation Date: (ultrasound/birth)

Thoughts/Notes:

*****************************************************************************************************

And the results are in! 

Guess score: 7/17 

April Boys babyboy.gif: 13 April Girls babygirl.gif: 13

AiryFairy

sunflwrmoonbeam

chiromama01

Ravensong13

winterhalter

cjmullin

thomaturtle

hazelbranch

Liss86

arbybee

wendybird

Itsasecret

remark71

kbochniak

Rasa

Thursday Girl

carastar

belacmsage

justKate

saudade

flavorfull1

kaismum

dealic

usagi629

csekywithlove

rubyjune

Married to my favorite man in '07. Our firstborn came along in April 2012 (HBC), and our second is on the way, due sometime in May 2014 (planning an HBAC).
#2 of 180 Old 10-24-2011, 05:26 AM - Thread Starter

Gender guess: No clue. stork-suprise.gif

Confirmation Date: First and only ultrasound planned on Dec 2.

Thoughts/Notes: Everyone thinks this is a girl except DH. Mom, friends, random acquaintances. 

Married to my favorite man in '07. Our firstborn came along in April 2012 (HBC), and our second is on the way, due sometime in May 2014 (planning an HBAC).
#3 of 180 Old 10-24-2011, 05:53 AM

I've known I'm having a girl since five days preggo!  We had IVF with some genetic testing so we knew at implantation.  We already have a boy so I'm excited to have one of each!!

DS 12/08/09

DD 04/20/12

#4 of 180 Old 10-24-2011, 06:26 AM

Gender guess: stork-girl.gif

Confirmation Date: Nov. 22nd u/s

Thoughts/Notes: I've been feeling girl from the beginning, but lately I've been saying "he" a lot, so I'm less sure now (at 16 weeks).  I know DH would be extra excited about a boy, since this is probably our last baby.  Guess we'll see!

ETA: I was completely sure about DD being a girl from the beginning, and a girl would sort of fit better into our family at this point.... Plus no circ conversations with DH. 

ETA again: Wrong about u/s date.

#5 of 180 Old 10-24-2011, 06:28 AM

Gender guess: /stork-girl.gif

Confirmation Date: (ultrasound/birth) 29 November

Thoughts/Notes:

Wendy,loving wife to Brian, happy mama of Trinity(15), Christian(15), Gavin(13), Logan(11), Griffon(9),Jubilee(7), Epiphany (4), and Lucian Danger( born 18 April 12) <3
#6 of 180 Old 10-24-2011, 06:47 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Gender guess: stork-girl.gif

Confirmation Date: ultrasound in early december

Gender: ph says girl, timimg says girl or boy, moon when ovulating says boy, chinese calender says boy...so im guessing girl. ;)

Thoughts/Notes:  im obsessed.....

DS-8/06 peace.gif
DD-5/08 innocent.gif
DD-4/12 loveeyes.gif
Due: July2014 shy.gif
semi crunchy, but getting crispier!

*** heartbeat.gif 5****10****15****20****25****30****35****40
#7 of 180 Old 10-24-2011, 08:03 AM

Gender guess: No idea

Confirmation Date: (ultrasound/birth) October 31, but not planning to find out!

Thoughts/Notes: We found out with my daughter, and when the tech said "girl," I kind of freaked out. I'm from a family of all boys, so the thought of a girl completely threw me off. It of course didn't end up mattering at all, and just caused undue stress for a few weeks. So this time around, we're just going to let it be a surprise. As long as I'm healthy and kiddo is healthy, that's all we really care about at this point. :)

#8 of 180 Old 10-24-2011, 08:40 AM

gender guess: boy

confirmation date: nov 8 US

thoughts/notes:  with my dd, I was convinced she was a he, even though we had the anatomy scan and before birth owned a lot a pink ...everything.  this time, i'm feeling blue, but who knows, i was fantastically wrong last time around. this is likely our last, so it would be great to have one of each, but then, another girl would fit right in too... so i guess we'll see!!!!

Married to overworked  DH reading.gif since 2003, happily familybed1.gif mama to DD (01/09) and  babyboy.gif DS (4/12)

#9 of 180 Old 10-24-2011, 08:45 AM

Gender guess: stork-boy.gif

Confirmation Date: TBA

Thoughts/Notes: I am not sure if I'll be getting an ultrasound yet. I've felt BOY this whole time...and I've never been wrong with any of my kids. Odds are that I'm probably due for a wrong guess/intuition with #5. rolleyes.gif  But...I'm sticking with my gut and guessing BOY!

chicken3.gif Student mama to four big kids and one brand new baby girl Lennon (04/17/12)

#10 of 180 Old 10-24-2011, 10:48 AM

Confirmation Date: Ultrasound in about 3 weeks

Thoughts/Notes: I have been thinking boy since I heard the heartbeat, I was just flooded with this feeling that it was a boy. Hubs says girl.  (We have a bet going, if it's a boy, he has to clean the bathroom 6 times, if it's a girl I have to catch up all the laundry in 1 week.)

Courtney and Cree, baby made 3, added one more then there were 4, sakes alive, then we had 5, another in the mix now we have 6!

A Momma in love with her Little Women-Jewel Face, Jo Jo Bean, June Bug, and Sweet Coraline.

#11 of 180 Old 10-24-2011, 11:41 AM

Gender guess: stork-boy.gif?

Confirmation date: Nov. 16th!

Thoughts/Notes: I'm thinking boy this time around and hubby thinks girl.  With DD I only had 2 pregnancy related dreams and both babies were boys, but I vaguely remember a little girl in the background which looked an awful lot like DD now.  When I thought about DD when I was awake, I always pictured a girl, so maybe the boy baby in the dreams was this one? As long as that's the only part of the dream that comes true, I'll be happy because i was birthing a breach baby.  DH thinks girl because he is a head football coach and most of the head coaches he knows had only girls.  I'd be happy with either.  A girl would be nice, because we still have everything from DD, but I'd also like a boy since this will be our last and I would love one of each.

Erin , loving wife to Dave, mom to 3cat.gif, angel.gifangel.gifDec. '06, angel.gifOct. '08, DD Reagan Oct. 3, 2009

and DS Jack April 4,2012

#12 of 180 Old 10-25-2011, 09:02 AM

Gender guess: stork-suprise.gif

Confirmation Date: ultrasound (I hope!) Week of 11/15.

Thoughts/Notes: We were "trying" for a girl with general (non-medical) gender sway stuff, but I'm not really sure what we're having since it was all just a 'for fun' experiment really.

Mother to a wonderful 3yr old boy babyboy.gif (02/17/09) and a beautiful newborn baby girl babygirl.gif (04/15/12). Wife to an amazing husband since June '06.dh_malesling.GIF

namaste.gif  femalesling.GIF   nak.gifcd.gif   sewmachine.gif crochetsmilie.gif  geek.gif   goorganic.jpg

#13 of 180 Old 10-25-2011, 09:44 AM

Confirmation Date: ultrasound 11/2

Thoughts/Notes: I KNEW DD was a girl, and I'm pretty darn confident this one is as well. Moreover, DD got really sick right at ovulation, so our last deposit was several days before that. According to Shettles in TCOYF, we have almost an 80% chance of having a girl.

Ashley, Pagan treehugger.gif mama to E (6/09) and my beautiful hbac.gif baby T (4/3/12)
#14 of 180 Old 10-25-2011, 01:11 PM

Confirmation Date: (ultrasound/birth) I have an US 10/27 (will be 15w5d) maybe will find out then otherwise either the end of November/begining of December.

Thoughts/Notes: Hoping for a girl and feeling that it might be one as I am having totally different symptoms than I did with DS.  This time I am have more nausea/dry heaves and am still having them at 15w3d.  Although I had an US at 13w6d and the tech thought it was the makings of a boy, but I am not convinced.  The heartbeat has been above 140 with all the US (range 143-173). 

Married to a great DH since 2001; Have a wonderful DS (01/09); Have one little angel angel.gif in Heaven (05/11 at 7wks); been TTC since 10/09. BFP pos.gif on 07/31/11 due April 14. Cerclage placed 9/30/11; at 33wks cervix down to 1cm  Scott Edward born 03/13/12 at 2:56am at 35wks 2 day. 

#15 of 180 Old 10-26-2011, 11:59 AM

Confirmation Date: maybe the ultrasound on 11/16 but we are still discussing if we want to know before the baby comes

Thoughts/Notes: We have a boy and really want at least one of each. We are also in the process of adopting so finding out if this one is a boy or girl may help us decide if we want to adopt a specific gender or not. No matter what, we are just hoping that everything is fine on the anatomy scan. 

Wife to Geof reading.gif (4/10), Mom to Connorbabyf.gif(7/14/10) and Cayleigh babygirl.gif (4/20/12). Living with Factor V Leiden (7/12).

#16 of 180 Old 10-27-2011, 06:09 AM

Confirmation Date: 11/17

Thoughts/Notes:  Last pregnancy my dreams all pointed to girl, and this time most of them point to girl but I have had one with a boy.  DD has been telling me there is one of each in there, but when she says it is a single it is always a girl.  I'm not sure we are going to find out the sex at the scan, but I'm leaning towards find out.

knit.gifLaura, mama to my wonderful Wilhelmina (11/08) energy.gif and my precious Peregrine (4/12) babyboy.gif

#17 of 180 Old 10-27-2011, 06:30 AM

Gender guess: stork-girl.gif

Confirmation Date: need to schedule...about four weeks from now (10/27...so around Thanksgiving)

Thoughts/Notes: From the start I have strongly felt that this baby is a girl. My husband feels it pretty strongly also. My son has always maintained (for about two years) that he has a baby sister, so maybe he has just always known that she was out there waiting to come? Time will tell. This is definitely our last and really I will be thrilled either way.

#18 of 180 Old 10-27-2011, 09:31 AM

Confirmation Date: Ultrasound coming up on 11/1.  If baby wants us to know, otherwise we won't be disappointed to wait till birth :)  We went back and forth a lot on this issue.

Thoughts/Notes:  I've felt boy very strongly for a while now.  Our midwife and my Aunt also feel boy and they're known for their extreme accuracy.  DH feels girl.  If we find out we're having twins, then I'm guessing boy/girl as it's something DH and I have had a feeling for since the beginning.

Tanya treehugger.gif DH-Brian, DD Adri (8), DD Izzy (7), DS Ollie angel.gif (1/5/11 @ 17 weeks) and our rainbow1284.gif baby due April 12th, 2012.

Of all the lessons I did not learn as a child, or even as an adult; I learn through being, mother to my children. Through love and through pain, we are delivered and blessed!

#19 of 180 Old 10-28-2011, 11:54 AM

Gender guess: /stork-girl.gif

Confirmation Date: Early December

Thoughts/Notes: Very different pregnancy...hormonal mess, breaking out badly, don't have a bottomless appetite, my hair stayed curly, etc.  All this makes me pretty positive it's a girl, along with a dream where we announced the name we chose.  She had blond hair!

Mother to a crazy wonderful son born 7-11-09 and A very determined amazing daughter born 5-3-12!
#20 of 180 Old 10-28-2011, 12:39 PM

Confirmation Date: Most likely confirmed at birth since at this point we are not planning on an ultrasound.

Thoughts/Notes: I've been having some boy vibes, but the biggest thing is boy dreams, and mostly the realities of my appetite. This may sound odd, but for all 3 of my girl pregnancies I HATED ground beef in any form, even the sight or smell of it made me sick. This time, like with my son, I love it...hamburgers, chili, it doesn't matter, if it's got hamburger, etc in it I'm dying for it.

Brande: Mama of 5 and perpetual student.

#21 of 180 Old 10-28-2011, 12:58 PM

Gender guess: stork-suprise.gif

Confirmation Date: November 3 (hopefully!)

Thoughts/Notes: Chinese calendar says boy.  We have almost 7 yrs of DD's 'girl' clothes and shoes saved so Murphy's law says probably WILL be a boy but honestly not having any strong feelings one way or another.  Morning sickness and reflux (so far) wasn't as bad this time but I did a lot of liver support before this pg and changed a lot of dietary things.  Food aversions still horrid, though... My mom always claimed she felt worse with us girls than my brother.

Unschooling mama alongside DH (05/01) to DD (5/05).  Expecting #2 spring 2012!

#22 of 180 Old 11-01-2011, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AiryFairy View Post

Confirmation Date: Ultrasound coming up on 11/1.  If baby wants us to know, otherwise we won't be disappointed to wait till birth :)  We went back and forth a lot on this issue.

Thoughts/Notes:  I've felt boy very strongly for a while now.  Our midwife and my Aunt also feel boy and they're known for their extreme accuracy.  DH feels girl.  If we find out we're having twins, then I'm guessing boy/girl as it's something DH and I have had a feeling for since the beginning.

It's a BOY, Aries Sun! 

Tanya treehugger.gif DH-Brian, DD Adri (8), DD Izzy (7), DS Ollie angel.gif (1/5/11 @ 17 weeks) and our rainbow1284.gif baby due April 12th, 2012.

Of all the lessons I did not learn as a child, or even as an adult; I learn through being, mother to my children. Through love and through pain, we are delivered and blessed!

#23 of 180 Old 11-02-2011, 04:16 AM - Thread Starter

Congratulations AF! I'm so happy for you! :) 

Okay, you guys are going to have to help me with this as the results start streaming in, but right now we are 1/1 on the guesses. I'll update the first post. :)

#24 of 180 Old 11-02-2011, 06:18 AM

congrats AiryFairy!!!!! so exciting!!!

Married to overworked  DH reading.gif since 2003, happily familybed1.gif mama to DD (01/09) and  babyboy.gif DS (4/12)

#25 of 180 Old 11-02-2011, 09:48 AM

Confirmation Date: Won't be finding out.

Thoughts/Notes: I had a dream one month before this kiddo was conceived- I dreamt that a little blonde girl(maybe 4yo) was sitting on my chest with my shirt grasped in her hands. She was screaming and crying, "DON'T GO! DON'T GO!". I woke up suddenly to my temping alarm and my chest felt heavy like someone had just been sitting on it. It was quite frightening to be honest. I then took my temp. and was quite saddened to see a huge drop which meant that AF was on her way greensad.gif I was quite sure that I had a chemical pregnancy that month as I had a few light + tests but AF showed up right on time.

(The back story to this- I had planned on going to the Trust Birth Conference in April 2012, in Tennessee. If I had been pregnant I would have had a 4 week old baby to take with me which wouldn't have been a bad thing but just a bit more difficult than going while pregnant. I hadn't really planned on getting pregnant that month but was still sad to see the temp drop that morning. So my plan was to wait until the Fall of 2011 to get pregnant so I could still make the conference. When I had that dream I was a little hesitant to book it because I thought maybe she was trying to tell me not go.... or maybe it was because of the chemical pregnancy and she was sad that she couldn't join us at that time. I thought about it for awhile and discussed it with my hubby. I was SO looking forward to it and meeting all those incredible speakers...I decided to go. I booked my flight, my tickets and my hotel room. I still had this feeling that maybe it was a mistake....Well, because I was tracking my cycles(nursing a lot still and I didn't want to have an oops! as I have 40+ day cycles) I had what I thought was an annovulatory cycle. No temp rise and I started bleeding lightly on CD 27. Hubby and I were celebrating his 40th birthday... we had a little too much to drink...and we decided to forego the condom. I felt VERY confident that I was safe. Well, the next day the bleeding went away completely...the next day I had EWCM...and the next day my temp dropped....and voila! 3 full days after our little night of fun....I ovulated! I figured that I had little to no chance of getting pregnant but I kept having dreams of the same little girl during the 2ww. Test was + on 10dpo smile.gif I was due the first day of the conference, so I wasn't going anymore. She obviously really didn't want me to go winky.gif)

I will be shocked if this is a boy...I just feel that this baby is my long awaited daughter... stillheart.gif

Crunchy Mama to 3 boys bikenew.gif'06  and superhero.gif '08  h20homebirth.gif  and  moon.gif '10  uc.jpg

And a brand new baby  babygirl.gif born 4/12 uc.jpg

joy.gifOur family is now complete  chicken3.gif

#26 of 180 Old 11-02-2011, 10:57 AM - Thread Starter

Tulafina what a great story! I look forward to hearing of the arrival of your little girl. :)

#27 of 180 Old 11-03-2011, 12:17 PM

We have a super hyper, somersaulting, crotch grabbing, thumb sucking, rocking out stork-boy.gif. Yes, he did ALL of those activities at least once during the ultrasound. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunflwrmoonbeam View Post

Confirmation Date: ultrasound 11/2

Thoughts/Notes: I KNEW DD was a girl, and I'm pretty darn confident this one is as well. Moreover, DD got really sick right at ovulation, so our last deposit was several days before that. According to Shettles in TCOYF, we have almost an 80% chance of having a girl.

Ashley, Pagan treehugger.gif mama to E (6/09) and my beautiful hbac.gif baby T (4/3/12)
#28 of 180 Old 11-03-2011, 12:48 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

congrats!

DS-8/06 peace.gif
DD-5/08 innocent.gif
DD-4/12 loveeyes.gif
Due: July2014 shy.gif
semi crunchy, but getting crispier!

*** heartbeat.gif 5****10****15****20****25****30****35****40
#29 of 180 Old 11-03-2011, 01:00 PM

Thanks! I'm really excited, and actually enjoying making a list for boy names. DH claims we'll have the name settled tomorrow, and he's actually committed to it!

#30 of 180 Old 11-03-2011, 01:26 PM

How exciting!!  Congrats AiryFairy and sunflwrmoonbeam!  I'm headed off to our US in the next hour and the anticipation is the only thing getting me through my current flare of gallbladder pain (major attack at 3 am last night-grrr!)  I kinda hope the tech will swing the US up toward my gallbladder and see if I have any stones causing this cause I'd really like to take some milk thistle etc.

Unschooling mama alongside DH (05/01) to DD (5/05).  Expecting #2 spring 2012!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page