Twins???? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 25 Old 10-27-2011, 12:48 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Had my first official prenatal yesterday. It was such a relief to see someone face to face and for a birth professional to give me her opinion an what might be happening in my belly. (I was working with my family doc and consulting over the phone with my midwife, who is now out of state, while insurance was worked out.)

I've had some twin intuitive feelings for a while now, which only got stronger when my fundus popped up out of my pelvis at 9 weeks. I have had some funky hormone levels too. I have been feeling LOTS of movement for at least 2 weeks, daily in the last week. I'm only 14 weeks.

Turns out I'm measuring 4 weeks ahead and my dates are solid. We thought we might have picked up 2 heartbeats, but you can't be sure with a doppler. We had a strong one on my upper right side (the kicky place!) and thought we heard something waaaaay down in the lower left, but it was wiggly and kept moving away, I could feel the squirm! We also located the placenta up at the top, middle. 2 babies would explain feeling the super kicky movements and the more wormy, hamster feet movement this time around. My other two babies never had both types early on. One was kicky, the other squirmy.

Tuesday, we'll find out for sure with my first ever baby ultrasound!!!

DH and I are having lots of fun imagining what if. The name game just got a whole lot more fun, that's for sure. We lick Click and Clack as in the belly names, or maybe Molder and Sculley.

My poor DD. She is desperately hoping to not have another "little bother", she thinks having 2 would be the end of the world. Lucky for her I have strong girl feelings with just a hint of boy. My money is on twins being a girl and a boy.

One happy momma joy.gif to a very spirited little girl dust.gif, her tough little brother superhero.gif, and a happy little suprise late April 2012 stork-suprise.gif. Wife to an overworked and under paid husband geek.gif.

#2 of 25 Old 10-27-2011, 01:54 PM

Oh my!  The time between now and Tuesday must feel like and eternity to you!  Keep us posted.

Distraction is not the same thing as play.
Be part of the diaper free revolution. 

DS1, 6 years.  DS2, 4 years.  DS3, brand new!  (April 2012)

#3 of 25 Old 10-27-2011, 05:09 PM

Mulder and Scully, best belly names ever!

happily married to my rock and roll cowboy guitar.gif since 2009, living the dream with our Rosebud, 26/04/12 joy.gif

#4 of 25 Old 10-28-2011, 03:20 AM

I love the names. Click and Clack would go over so awesomely in my family that they might stick outside the belly! You must be brimming with excitement and anticipation. GOOD LUCK! I can't wait to hear the results. 

Married to my favorite man in '07. Our firstborn came along in April 2012 (HBC), and our second is on the way, due sometime in May 2014 (planning an HBAC).
#5 of 25 Old 10-28-2011, 09:26 AM

Very cool!  I hope it all goes well, and poor DD...maybe she'll get 2 little sisters!!

~Christy crochetsmilie.gif, mom to DD Sage (12-2003) joy.gif and DS Isaac (04-2012)  babyboy.gif, wife to Josh geek.gif.

#6 of 25 Old 10-28-2011, 10:12 AM

I can feel your excitement Abbie!!!  Are you hoping for twins?  I know we all just hope for healthy baby/ies.  I have many of the same symptoms as you; boy/girl twin intuitive feelings since conception, my fundal height is 4-5 weeks ahead, movement daily since 8.5 weeks and now movement is in the form of squirms/stretching, thumps/kicks and anywhere from deep inside to outside (sometimes forceful enough to feel from the outside), down low by my pelvic area to below my navel and on the middle sides...in a matter of a minute or few.  I'm 16 weeks now and never felt this amount/type of movement this early before.  I keep thinking there's no way it can't be two in there when feeling all that.  Seems like a lot of amount of space for one baby to be covering. We're finding out on Tuesday too! 11/1/11 make a wish ;)

Tanya treehugger.gif DH-Brian, DD Adri (8), DD Izzy (7), DS Ollie angel.gif (1/5/11 @ 17 weeks) and our rainbow1284.gif baby due April 12th, 2012.

Of all the lessons I did not learn as a child, or even as an adult; I learn through being, mother to my children. Through love and through pain, we are delivered and blessed!

#7 of 25 Old 10-28-2011, 10:34 AM

Heehee, Twin Testing Tuesday over here in the April DDC!

Married to my favorite man in '07. Our firstborn came along in April 2012 (HBC), and our second is on the way, due sometime in May 2014 (planning an HBAC).
#8 of 25 Old 10-31-2011, 08:24 PM - Thread Starter

I'm having a hard time sleeping. I'm excited to find out some answers tomorrow, but at the same time I don't want to know yet so the excitement can last a little longer.

last night I dreamed of multiple babies.

I'm also feeling a little guilty/weirded out that this hard core home birth mama is getting an ultrasound and even contemplating a hospital birth.

I'm looking forward to sharing an update and hearing yours AiryFairy.

One happy momma joy.gif to a very spirited little girl dust.gif, her tough little brother superhero.gif, and a happy little suprise late April 2012 stork-suprise.gif. Wife to an overworked and under paid husband geek.gif.

#9 of 25 Old 11-01-2011, 04:14 AM

Good luck today AbbieB and AiryFairy! I'll be thinking of you. Exciting times!

About half of my dreams involve twins. I'm pretty sure, however, that this is because the babies I am most familiar with are a friend's pair of twins. Just one baby for me! :) 

#10 of 25 Old 11-01-2011, 05:47 AM

thinking of you ladies today.

Courtney and Cree, baby made 3, added one more then there were 4, sakes alive, then we had 5, another in the mix now we have 6!

A Momma in love with her Little Women-Jewel Face, Jo Jo Bean, June Bug, and Sweet Coraline.

#11 of 25 Old 11-01-2011, 05:56 AM

Wishing you the best of luck and anxious to hear updates. With all of us on here, at least one person has to have twins!!

Brande: Mama of 5 and perpetual student.

#12 of 25 Old 11-01-2011, 08:34 AM

So excited to read some updates!

Wendy,loving wife to Brian, happy mama of Trinity(15), Christian(15), Gavin(13), Logan(11), Griffon(9),Jubilee(7), Epiphany (4), and Lucian Danger( born 18 April 12) <3
#13 of 25 Old 11-01-2011, 01:29 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)

Baby or babies?! Excited to hear too! Happy news either way. biggrinbounce.gif

fairy.gif (DSD 10yo) angel2.gif (29wks - 2/2012) babygirl.gifrainbow1284.gif (1/2013)

#14 of 25 Old 11-01-2011, 05:59 PM

Well, it's Tuesday, what are you waiting for?? lol    Can't wait to hear how your US's went :) 

#1 DD 6, #2DD 4  -- EDD 4/30/2012

#15 of 25 Old 11-01-2011, 06:29 PM

Abbie, where are you...I can't wait to hear your news!  I hope you're busy celebrating :)

We're having ONE healthy and very energetic baby BOY (I knew it was a boy!)!!!  Dr. said I was measuring ahead because of the number of babies I've had and movement can be explained by this one being a little rock star in there.  We're keeping the gender a surprise from family until our wedding celebration on 11/11...we're having a cake store make us these supper yummy and beautiful snowflake sugar cookies with either blue frosting or sprinkles as a way to make it a little more fun.  Oh, his name is Aries Sun <3

Tanya treehugger.gif DH-Brian, DD Adri (8), DD Izzy (7), DS Ollie angel.gif (1/5/11 @ 17 weeks) and our rainbow1284.gif baby due April 12th, 2012.

Of all the lessons I did not learn as a child, or even as an adult; I learn through being, mother to my children. Through love and through pain, we are delivered and blessed!

#16 of 25 Old 11-01-2011, 06:32 PM - Thread Starter

Just one big, strong baby for me.

I did not have a full anatomy scan but everything we did see (which was a lot) looked just like it should. We may have seen some girl parts, the tech was reluctant to say for sure, but thought it was a strong possibility. No surprise there, I knew she was a she. She was measuring a little big, but my other kids were looooong and big so again, no surprise there.

My sister, who had her first baby this past spring, just a few days ago told me for the first 28 weeks she had a big uterus too, her docs were convinced there was a hidden twin, even after 2 ultrasounds. She only had one looong little boy. After she told me that I figured that I was only having one, but it was fun to imagine two, even for a little bit.

Alien baby is waving at you. winky.gif

alien baby borgers.jpg

#17 of 25 Old 11-02-2011, 04:21 AM

Awe, congratulations to both of you! I'm so glad to hear your US show healthy active babies in there!

AbbieB - Is that it for you, no knowing the gender til birth? 

I'm shocked we have 100 ladies and no twins yet, I'm still guessing some might pop up somewhere. :) 

#18 of 25 Old 11-02-2011, 04:27 AM

thanks for updating us. one baby is super!

Courtney and Cree, baby made 3, added one more then there were 4, sakes alive, then we had 5, another in the mix now we have 6!

A Momma in love with her Little Women-Jewel Face, Jo Jo Bean, June Bug, and Sweet Coraline.

#19 of 25 Old 11-02-2011, 04:39 AM

Congrats to you both, especially getting healthy babies of the gender you already "knew" you were having! Wow though, I too am surprised there are no twins, and not really many others having even mentioned that they suspect twins...you'd think by this point there would be some signs pointing to that for someone! I'm very excited for you both being able to plan for boy/girl. I'm not sure the anxiety of the not knowing for the next 4.5 months is going to sit well with me LOL

#20 of 25 Old 11-02-2011, 05:45 AM

Hooray for single strong babies!  Of course all babies are a blessing, but I wouldn't wish twins on anyone--its just so hard on your body (for most people, it seems).

Congrats on being right on the sex, too.  Funny how mamas can just know. orngbiggrin.gif

#21 of 25 Old 11-02-2011, 07:50 AM

Airy - Congrats on that little boy.  I think the snowflake cake sounds adorable!  

Abbie -  Thanks for sharing the pic of your little rock star!

Sounds like you both had great appointments :)

#1 DD 6, #2DD 4  -- EDD 4/30/2012

#22 of 25 Old 11-02-2011, 07:57 AM

PsycheGal, so are you are next twin candidate in the running??? ;)

#23 of 25 Old 11-02-2011, 08:08 AM

I was hoping that you would have both posted! Hurray for strong little ones bouncing around in bellies! :) 

#24 of 25 Old 11-02-2011, 12:53 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

you all are making me nervous with the "someone HAS to have twins around here" talk!!!

iv measured 2 weeks ahead the whole time, and started showing at 12 weeks, and have known my whole life id have twins. ....oh besides being on 100 mg of clomid for 4 months when i got preggo this time. dizzy.gif

first ultrasound was super quick, only saw one sack....but that doesnt rule them out a 9 weeks. 

guess well find out dec 1st!!! energy.gifenergy.gif

DS-8/06 peace.gif
DD-5/08 innocent.gif
DD-4/12 loveeyes.gif
Due: July2014 shy.gif
semi crunchy, but getting crispier!

*** heartbeat.gif 5****10****15****20****25****30****35****40
#25 of 25 Old 11-02-2011, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivica2 View Post

you all are making me nervous with the "someone HAS to have twins around here" talk!!!

iv measured 2 weeks ahead the whole time, and started showing at 12 weeks, and have known my whole life id have twins. ....oh besides being on 100 mg of clomid for 4 months when i got preggo this time. dizzy.gif

first ultrasound was super quick, only saw one sack....but that doesnt rule them out a 9 weeks. 

guess well find out dec 1st!!! energy.gifenergy.gif

The anticipation is exciting isn't it? I'm not measuring ahead so if I saw twins on my ultrasound in a couple of weeks I'd freak out! Even though I've always felt like I'd have them someday. Is it normal to feel like you'll have twins someday???

Married to DH 7 years and have three fantastic kiddos! DS 6, DD 4, and DS 2 ...... lo and behold another is on the way!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page