weekly chat Oct 31-Nov 7 - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 46 Old 11-06-2011, 03:49 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Juniors jean? Are they just much lower than women's?

At a wedding after party last night I wore a very pregnancy-enhancing shirt. For the first time I started to experience random belly-touching. Wow that was weird. With some close friends it was awesome, like they were starting their bonds with baby. With others it was extremely strange and unwelcome. Fascinating exerience though.

Married to my favorite man in '07. Our firstborn came along in April 2012 (HBC), and our second is on the way, due sometime in May 2014 (planning an HBAC).
#32 of 46 Old 11-06-2011, 02:34 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)

Hah, random belly-touching. There's nothing to see/feel on me yet and I've caught myself doing it a few times. I used to think "what is with those women constantly touching their bellies?!" Alas, I am one of them.

Initially I liked the idea of the junior low-rise jean--brilliant--but I chickened out. I already wear low rise jeans, just not teenager ultra low, and all I could think of was drafts in the back. I hate jeans that don't completely cover my toosh crack when I sit. I see teenagers at the mall wearing way-too-low-rise jeans (as in, showing crack while they're standing with the jeans pulled as high as they can go) so I do believe there are really low ones available. In the end I decided not to even look in that direction because I need at least 34" inseam, if not 36", and the juniors clothes don't seem to be that long. But it did seem like a really good idea to me, too. :)

fairy.gif (DSD 10yo) angel2.gif (29wks - 2/2012) babygirl.gifrainbow1284.gif (1/2013)

#33 of 46 Old 11-06-2011, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RosieL View Post

Juniors jean? Are they just much lower than women's?

At a wedding after party last night I wore a very pregnancy-enhancing shirt. For the first time I started to experience random belly-touching. Wow that was weird. With some close friends it was awesome, like they were starting their bonds with baby. With others it was extremely strange and unwelcome. Fascinating exerience though.

Yes, the rise is lower. I was shopping at Kohl's and the women's jeans do not come in a low rise, just mid-rise. I am wearing them today and they are doing quite well.

Random belly touching is so not okay with me. Close friends, fine. Strangers, no way. I think that I'm seasoned enough to say something..... or I'd just reach out and touch their belly back. :)

Married to DH 7 years and have three fantastic kiddos! DS 6, DD 4, and DS 2 ...... lo and behold another is on the way!

#34 of 46 Old 11-06-2011, 02:45 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)

Oh, other people coming to touch your belly? Yeah, I'm not sure I could accept anyone but my husband and my mom touching me. Well, and the doctor, but that's not random. I read it as touching with one's own belly and bonding.

fairy.gif (DSD 10yo) angel2.gif (29wks - 2/2012) babygirl.gifrainbow1284.gif (1/2013)

#35 of 46 Old 11-06-2011, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by autumngrey View Post

Initially I liked the idea of the junior low-rise jean--brilliant--but I chickened out. I already wear low rise jeans, just not teenager ultra low, and all I could think of was drafts in the back. I hate jeans that don't completely cover my toosh crack when I sit. I see teenagers at the mall wearing way-too-low-rise jeans (as in, showing crack while they're standing with the jeans pulled as high as they can go) so I do believe there are really low ones available. In the end I decided not to even look in that direction because I need at least 34" inseam, if not 36", and the juniors clothes don't seem to be that long. But it did seem like a really good idea to me, too. :)

I must have a low "crack" :) I'm good to go!

Married to DH 7 years and have three fantastic kiddos! DS 6, DD 4, and DS 2 ...... lo and behold another is on the way!

#36 of 46 Old 11-06-2011, 05:01 PM

I felt the baby quite a bit in the last couple of weeks, then about three days ago.... Not so much. Had me a little worried so I called my dad, he is an RN at the local hospital.... So we snuck in and Dad used the doppler on me.... I think it was just as much for his benefit as it was mine (we are the worriers in the family)... The heartbeat sounds fine but I do think that the placenta is in front of the baby right now and that must be why I am not feeling it move very much.

Jeans suck. I have one pair of skinny jeans that I am actually comfortable in. I bought them at Maurice's and they are the stretchy kind, so while they are comfy on the legs and belly, they still seem to fall all the time! I bought one of those belly band things and am not impressed much yet. They work better with sweats and such than jeans or khakis.

I'm just ready for November 30th when we find out what we are having. The suspense is killing me!

Artist wife to dh_malesling.GIF. Mom to DSS superhero.gif (3 yrs) and DD (04/12).  brokenheart.gif (2/28/10). winner.jpgcd.gif

#37 of 46 Old 11-06-2011, 05:20 PM

Baby is getting more and more active, although I'm surprised at where I feel the movement (always very low, but heart beat is strong really high...must be backup with arms and legs dangling???).

On the clothes issue, I used the belly bands for a while, but realized that by the end of the day I was loosing my pants. Finally switched to maternity pants, and am pretty comfortable. I do have to use the ones with the full belly panel or fold down the ones with a partial panel though, otherwise they're already too tight around the middle. Maybe I'll just have to go up to a size large before I'm done and hope they don't look too baggy in the legs.

Looks like GD is rearing it's ugly head. My postprandial (after meal for those luck enough to have never dealt with this) numbers are great, but my fasting numbers are sky high...I don't even know what to do with that, I mean how can you lower numbers when you're sleeping :-P Oh well, I'm just going to do my best to keep things in check and hope this one isn't over 11 pounds!

Brande: Mama of 5 and perpetual student.

#38 of 46 Old 11-06-2011, 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zuzusplace View Post

Baby is getting more and more active, although I'm surprised at where I feel the movement (always very low, but heart beat is strong really high...must be backup with arms and legs dangling???).

Hmm, is the movement low on both sides, or is it just one area? Maybe head up with face and arms towards your back?

#39 of 46 Old 11-06-2011, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zuzusplace View Post

Looks like GD is rearing it's ugly head. My postprandial (after meal for those luck enough to have never dealt with this) numbers are great, but my fasting numbers are sky high...I don't even know what to do with that, I mean how can you lower numbers when you're sleeping :-P Oh well, I'm just going to do my best to keep things in check and hope this one isn't over 11 pounds!

Zuzu, was your last babe over 11 lbs? Mine was 10 lbs. 11 oz. I did not have GD...  although I am sure that there would be docs out there that would beg to differ. My smallest was 8 lbs. 12 oz so I secretly dream of a 7 lb. tiny tot.

#40 of 46 Old 11-06-2011, 05:58 PM

My babe was 9lbs12oz at 42+3 and I didn't have GD. I'm almost hoping I get a 38 weeker so I can have a hope of an 8 pounder. My midwife thinks I just grow them big since, despite being born at 37 weeks to a chain smoker who never ate well I was 5lbs10oz.

Ashley, Pagan treehugger.gif mama to E (6/09) and my beautiful hbac.gif baby T (4/3/12)
#41 of 46 Old 11-06-2011, 06:05 PM

Oh Yes, I suppose that I shoiuld note that my 10 lb. plus babe was 40 week 2 days. I'm glad that he didn't go 2 weeks over like my DD.

#42 of 46 Old 11-06-2011, 06:07 PM

No 11 pounders yet, but close, and youngest DD was over 9lbs at 36 weeks!

The movement is typically pretty evenly spread out along the bottom...this morning it was almost like hiccups, where you feel a bump on one side followed by a bump on the other (second time plus moms will know what I mean), but in this case the two sides were simultaneous, almost like a jumping jack in my belly...it was a riot. That and the heart beat is that really strong clapping sound you get when you're hearing it through their back and right at the very top of my uterus (maybe .5-1 inch below), so I think they really have to have their back towards the top??? I really wish I could start studying midwifery full time, and have more guidance...it's fun to try to learn about these things with yourself as a guinea pig and no guidance LOL :p

#43 of 46 Old 11-07-2011, 06:56 AM

After a week or so of feeling less movement, last night I got to feel a whole bunch of it and another early morning bump that DH could feel.  Totally reassuring.  I can't wait til my appointment on Wednesday to listen for heart beat again and get my paperwork to book the ultrasound.  I will see you soon baby!

Otherwise I'm having a bummer of a day already.  I have to take my DD to the pediatric dentist to see if she has any cavities, and I'm super certain she does... or at least something that needs fixing.  My DD has been seeing a dentist since she was 13 months old when her first cavities appeared, and she had to have work done in the hospital at 19 months to repair her teeth.  It was so rough and things have been so much better this past year.  She got a clean check up when we were there at the end of September.  But DH has been in charge of teeth brushing the past couple months and now all the sudden something is wrong... hard not to point fingers.  It sucks that I have to deal with this by myself because DH isn't available for appointments.  DD is super afraid of the dentist (no wonder), and a super strong fighter, and I have to help restrain her just to let the dentist get a peek at her teeth.  I'm so not looking forward to the exam, let alone the appointment I'm sure I'll need to book later for the "hold her down while we drill" part. :(

knit.gifLaura, mama to my wonderful Wilhelmina (11/08) energy.gif and my precious Peregrine (4/12) babyboy.gif

#44 of 46 Old 11-07-2011, 07:11 AM

Any of the midwifery students, or just birth "experts" that have done this a lot ;), out there know if there is a way other than ultrasound to diagnose excess amniotic fluid? I just seem to keep growing and it's getting exceedingly uncomfortable. At this point, I don't make it through the day without wanting to cry at least once. My fundus is two+ fingers above my belly button and I'm measuring 26cm. While I've had trouble with GD, it's not been so insane (only one number over 150, and the fasting numbers are only over 120 about half the time). This is no worse than my other babies, and they ended up being around 9-10 pounds...even with them I never measured more than a cm or two ahead. I just want to know what's going on so I know how to respond appropriately, it'd be really cool if I can get the growth to slow or something.  The nearest elective ultrasound place is over an hour away and not in a safe place, and honestly I'm on the verge of just going to some sort of clinic and getting an US one way or another, but if someone here knows how to diagnose it without that would be even better.

#45 of 46 Old 11-07-2011, 08:11 AM

It's boy #3 for us!

I had an ultrasound this morning, primarily to check on baby's size.  Fundal height has been running about 4cm ahead, but I am certain of dates.  The measurements from the ultrasound only put baby's size about 4 days ahead of gestational age, so I am happy that I won't have to argue about conceiving when I did, instead of a month earlier. 

I wanted the sex to be a surprise, but DH wanted to know.  When we scheduled the u/s to check on the size, I knew I would end up finding out for his sake.  I am only 16 weeks now, so I am grateful that we were able to clearly tell the gender this early and be done with ultrasounds.  I only need a handful of baby items, but I am happy that I will be able to gather them in advance.  Also, with 2 other boys, it would be so tempting to get rid of a bunch of clothes when we move next month on the chance that new baby was a girl.

Believing, doting, simplifying, caffeinating, baking, midwife in training, and mothering like a dirty hippie. tea6.gif

baby.gif #3 due in April!

#46 of 46 Old 11-07-2011, 09:21 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Congrats on boy 3!

hazelbranch- I am so sorry, that sounds very stressful, I hope the dentist visit goes well!

zuzu- sorry about the pain. I don't have any advice, maybe ask in the midwife/professional forum?  Hope you feel relief soon, it feels early to be uncomfortable so I hope it is only temporary!

ok, going to start a new thread too :)

married to my love , in love with MJ born 1/18/10 and PJ born 4/6/12 waterbirth.jpg and now due with a surprise 11/14!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page