Weekly chat Nov7-14 - Page 2 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#31 of 56 Old 11-10-2011, 09:55 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

It is snowing here, too! It looks like a lot coming down, but it isn't really sticking. DD wants to play outside in it, but I just ordered her winter coat 2 days ago, and I am waiting on UPS!

I saw my MW this morning. She confirmed that I am indeed measuring 4 weeks ahead. She also thought it was surprising that I have been feeling movement daily since 15 weeks, though I felt movement occasionally before that.

I have an ultrasound scheduled for next Friday (18th). we haven't found out the gender with either of our other kids, and we don't plan to this time. However, DH and I have agreed that if it is twins, we will find out the sex. I am very curious to see how many babies are in there, being I am a twin myself!

Mom to Sam (3/2007), Bekah (4/2009)hbac.gif, Jedidiah (4/2012)hbac.gif, and expecting #4 in March!
#32 of 56 Old 11-10-2011, 10:30 AM

Yikes! I hope I can avoid getting sick! Hoping all of you feeling under the weather get better soon!

kaismum: I'm also dying for smoked salmon :) On a toasted bagel with cream cheese.....yummy!

I hope everything works out with your mom. I really feel for you. It can be so hard sometimes with parents, esspecially moms.

I had to tell my mom this weekend that we're not planning on calling anyone when I go into labour, we'll just call shortly after the birth. I could tell that she was a little upset :( I called her the next day to tell her that I love her, and I absolutely want her to experience the joy of becoming a grandma for the first time, but this is a decision that we feel really strongly about. I told her that I feel like part of becoming a mother for the first time is learning to speak up and take a stand when it involves something that we feel is important. She said that she understands and that she knows she has to learn to let go. I'm really close with my mom and my step-dad, and my dad and my step-mom...and I'm also a chronic people-pleaser, it can get complicated trying to make everyone happy all the time (totally bring it on myself) My MIL will be in Ireland when the baby is born (that's where they're from, she's going over there for a year), so one less person to worry about! ;) 

"Take your needle, my child, and work at your pattern... it will come out a rose by and by. Life is like that . . . one stitch at a time, taken patiently." - Oliver Wendell Holmes

#33 of 56 Old 11-10-2011, 10:55 AM

Just wanted to say congratulations on getting over that hurdle; it's tough breaking that kind of news to family.  We don't live in the same town as any of our relatives, and I have always had a "no calls until after the birth" policy with my parents.  My husband always gets on the phone with his family when labor starts and usually again when things pick up.  It is just his personality to need to talk through it with someone, and that is fine (his side of the family is totally noninvasive).  But the thought of dealing with MY side of the family before or during labor, or feeling like they are constantly in need of updates throughout (would definitely be the case) would stress/irritate me to no end.  So I do my thing, and by the time baby is out and all is settled, I am always overjoyed to make the call with the good news.  Do what works!

Quote:
Originally Posted by daylicious View Post

I had to tell my mom this weekend that we're not planning on calling anyone when I go into labour, we'll just call shortly after the birth. I could tell that she was a little upset :( I called her the next day to tell her that I love her, and I absolutely want her to experience the joy of becoming a grandma for the first time, but this is a decision that we feel really strongly about. I told her that I feel like part of becoming a mother for the first time is learning to speak up and take a stand when it involves something that we feel is important. She said that she understands and that she knows she has to learn to let go. I'm really close with my mom and my step-dad, and my dad and my step-mom...and I'm also a chronic people-pleaser, it can get complicated trying to make everyone happy all the time (totally bring it on myself) My MIL will be in Ireland when the baby is born (that's where they're from, she's going over there for a year), so one less person to worry about! ;) 

Believing, doting, simplifying, caffeinating, baking, midwife in training, and mothering like a dirty hippie. tea6.gif

baby.gif #3 due in April!

#34 of 56 Old 11-10-2011, 12:46 PM

Christy, might want to think about talking to a lawyer. Sorry you're having to deal with that.

Daylicious, Good boundary setting. If it feels right for you now, you'll be glad you handled it early one you're laboring. But i know its hard...

DD wants me now, back later.

#35 of 56 Old 11-10-2011, 02:44 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

hmm, parenting has been intense! Who's bright idea was it to move with a toddler during daylight savIngs?????? We also have colds but not that bad, just enough to feel crummy.  I will be more specific with responses (I hope) later but for the mamas dealing with family, I am sorry it is hard and way to go for ones who have had that hard conversation.  My MIL and FIL drove to our house even when we said that they needed to wait until the weekend (four days) so that we could settle in.  Now, we live several states away and they are not into traveling so I do not think we will run into the same issues. Either way, we will still have to have that conversation and talk about how they did not respect what we said last time, sigh, lots of weird dynamics there so I sympathize with those trying to figure it out.

SIL is going through a lot of testing to see if she has a blighted ovum. She is really early on so they are having a hard time deciding if the pg is viable or not, no spotting, her blood tests have been semi good but the u/s has been inconclusive. I hate it for her.  We aren't close so it is even weirder to have fun things coming up with my own pg while trying to figure out how she would need me to be respectfully supportive.  MIL and FIL coming up for thanksgiving and I am just hoping that SIL is ok and baby is healthy so they can still come. I know that sounds selfish but FIL has not seen DS in a very long time and has not been up to see us since we moved.  It is just a weird situation because we aren't close but it is a sad situation no matter what. I am still hoping that her tests all show that baby is healthy, it was just too early to tell.

We had another mw appt yesterday and it went well. hr in the 140s and baby squirming all around. mw was surprised to feel a kick herself but DH has been able to feel them for a few weeks now. We got the referral for the anatomy ultrasound and I made the appt for 11/22 today. Now it is like waiting for Christmas on steroids!!!  I am honestly at a place that I am really excited for it to be either a boy or a girl.  I have been concerned about my weight since the beginning and the mw didn't seem that concerned about it but was concerned that I am not getting enough protein.  She wants me to get 120g/day which seems absurd to me.  She reasoned that I needed it for the pg and for nursing DS.  I added it up and even on a good day I am not close.  I have a master's in nutrition and I find it debatable to need 120g/day but I think she is probably right that I need more than I am getting.  I craved red meat in the beginning but now I don't at all. What do you do besides cheese (got that covered!) to get in the protein throughout the day?

married to my love , in love with MJ born 1/18/10 and PJ born 4/6/12 waterbirth.jpg and now due with a surprise 11/14!
#36 of 56 Old 11-10-2011, 10:50 PM

protein- yogurt, Cheese, meat...yeah that's all I've got.

I can't imagine moving with kids, or even moving really. we've been here so long. and the funny thing is I used to move ALL THE TIME! Hope you feel better soon. crossing my fingers for your SIL,

I have a lot of trouble with infertility issues because I just don't know how to respond to my friends. My heart breaks for them and I almost wish I could just birth a baby and give it to them. I feel extra awkward b/c I have super fertility and literally get pregnant without trying. It's tough emotionally having friends that have been trying for years and they all know I DID not want another baby and then I get pregnant. They have to know it's accidental and I feel like my very existence is a slap in their face.  One friend, who doesn't have kids at all yet (one has 1 child, one has had a child, adopted another and is about to adopt 3 more) I find it especially difficult. I want to see her but I don't know what to say.  At one point I did offer to carry a baby for them, and if I had gotten pregnant when my last baby was younger I would have given her my baby. She knows it too. So, I just don't know what to say. they are still trying IUI and more then anything in the world I just want them to have the baby they so want. It tears me up that these amazing people aren't able to have a baby while their are so many scummy parents. like the parents of the 3 kids my friend is about to adopt, or the sister of a friend who had straws in her prenatal vitamin bottle that she was using to snort oxycotin. THIS girl has 2 kids she ignores for the most part and then my amazing friends aren't able to have a baby. GRR. (okay so this is what happens when i type in the middle of the night apparently, I pour my heart out.

Christy- that is completely CRAZY about the dentist! How he thought you'd come back to him after he did a shit job. I swear some people running businesses must be completely stupid to think their behavior will get them repeat business.

daylicious, good for you for setting things up now. I had to tell my mom at my second birth that if she wasn't supportive and POSITIVE I would kick her out. She was great, but by the time I had my 3rd our relationship had detirerated and I did not invite her to the birth but she did come after and I was happy for that/

so my sono is tomorrow ad I can't freaking sleep, just rolling around thinking boy or girl boy or girl? I will honestly be sad if it is not a girl and honestly sad if it is not a boy. I guess that's what comes with knowing it's your last.  I really think it's a boy, though so I have begun to mourn the little girl I am not having while being excited about a first boy.

also last week i found a lump in one of my breasts. I thought maybe it was just milk or something. I have been breastfeeding so long it's hard to tell what is normal. so i didn't think about it for a week thinking maybe it would go away. it is still there, different from the other side. The thing is it feels much bigger then i imagined a lump would feel. I was mad worried in the shower last night and it is still niggling at me. I am going to ask my midwife tomorrow to feel it because last pregnancy she asked me if I was feeling for lumps during my pregnancy. Plus I have no idea what kind of doctor you go see for something like that.  I haven't been to a dr in, years, I don't really remeber the last time I went in for a check up or anything. I have seen midwifes and that is it, an OB once. An ER doc. I don't think I have had a regular Dr visit since I was about 14. (I'll be 30 in January). My mom never took me once I move din with her, I had insurance through my dad, but I think my mom just didn't have money for the co-pay or time. I had insurance for awhile but never went to see the dr. I don't even know how often an adult is supposed to go.  It's probably nothing and I am just worried over nothing.

okay, no more middle of the night posts.

Courtney and Cree, baby made 3, added one more then there were 4, sakes alive, then we had 5, another in the mix now we have 6!

A Momma in love with her Little Women-Jewel Face, Jo Jo Bean, June Bug, and Sweet Coraline.

#37 of 56 Old 11-10-2011, 11:16 PM

'eh,  I guess I needed to get it off my chest because now I feel ready to sleep. thanks for listening. my mind has calmed down

Courtney and Cree, baby made 3, added one more then there were 4, sakes alive, then we had 5, another in the mix now we have 6!

A Momma in love with her Little Women-Jewel Face, Jo Jo Bean, June Bug, and Sweet Coraline.

#38 of 56 Old 11-11-2011, 04:07 AM

Courtney - hug2.gifYou've got a lot going on! I tend to write epic posts when I need to get something out. yours was comparably short. :) I go for annual OB visits, and each visit she checks for lumps. I assume that your midwife will feel it, and if there is a concern maybe send you in for a test? I just read through the LLL book's chapter on breast issues when BFing and remembered that there are a slew of possibilities that are benign. 

As for friends with infertility, I don't know. I don't have any really close friends who can't get pregnant, but I have some who want kids, are over 34, and aren't trying yet. It's hard for me to let them be and not beg them to start now to lessen the chances of heartbreak later on. With grieving (for parent loss and baby loss) friends in the recent past, when I don't know what to do, I usually just say "I don't know what to do, but I love you and want to support you in every way I can." It is NOT fair that so many amazing parents-to-be struggle while so many toss off their children like they are worthless. It is infuriating sometimes. 

Good luck on your US today! Let us know how it goes. 

Married to my favorite man in '07. Our firstborn came along in April 2012 (HBC), and our second is on the way, due sometime in May 2014 (planning an HBAC).
#39 of 56 Old 11-11-2011, 05:52 AM

ThursdayGirl - I just had my midwife appt yesterday, and she checked my breasts. I told her I hadn't checked them in quite a while because lumps come and go due to breastfeeding. She said the only lump I should be concerned about would be hard, not movable, seemingly "stuck" to the breast wall. (She may also have said "round" but I can't recall correctly.)

I took out a box from the basement labeled "larger clothing" and I am SOO much more comfortable in size 8s than 6s-with-a-rubber-band at the waist button. These are some pants and skirts I bought after DS was born, before I was down to my pre-pregnancy size. So, they aren't maternity clothing, which I don't think I need yet, but they do fit my expanding hips, belly, and waist.

DS, 10/07. Allergies: peanut, egg, wheat. We've added dairy back in. And taken it back out again. It causes sandpaper skin with itchy patches and thrashing during sleep. Due w/ #2 late April, 2012.

#40 of 56 Old 11-11-2011, 06:17 AM

Courtney! I will definitely be thinking about you and waiting to hear what your midwife has to say. There are lots of reasons for lumpy boobs when pregnant and breastfeeding that are not dreadful, but I would be really scared also. 

daylicious: Thanks! And good on you for telling your mom how you are feeling. I am thinking that I am going to just tell her that we are not planning to have anyone extra here at all and that I will call her after the midwives have left and we are settled in...I just have to get braver first. I think one of the biggest problems for me about this right now is that I really would like to ask my MIL to come from out of town close to our guess date and to stay until after the baby comes. She is really calm and good with our son and I think that I would be able to relax knowing that he had her to rely on and it would be nice to have her here in the days up to and after the baby arrives because she is beyond helpful. I just don't know that there is a way to have both my mom not here and my MIL here without lots of hurt feelings on my mom's part. So, I feel sort of like I need to decide which is more important to me. The presence of my MIL or the absence of my mother. Bah. It will all work out in the end, I am sure of it, I just need to figure out the best handle this I guess. I just mainly wish that I could just have exactly what I want without having to consider other people's feelings about it all. 

flavorfull: Have you looked at the Brewer Diet website at all? There is a check list and a food list. It is high protein and has a lot of information and links about this type of diet during pregnancy. Maybe following that and adding in a protein-y smoothie each day would get you closer? I have been following it since my first trimester food aversions have passed and I feel really good. It is a lot of eating, but it also seems like the longer I have been doing it the more I crave things that will help me to meet the suggested amounts of protein. It was really hard for me at first to eat the two recommended eggs each day, for example, but now I really want to eat them and some days could probably eat more. Anyway, here is the link: http://www.drbrewerpregnancydiet.com/

#41 of 56 Old 11-11-2011, 06:29 AM

120 gms of protein a day!?! I can't imagine. I have been shooting for 75 based on some information from my last pregnancy. Sometimes I don't even get that much. Yesterday I ate over 80. My midwife thought 75 was probably a little high, though she didn't really recommend a number. I am not nursing, but I think the only way I could get that would be to eat meat 3 times a day!

I usually eat eggs for breakfast and meat at one other meal a day. I track my intake on sparkpeople.com to watch my protein and to make sure my calories don't get out of control. Wednesday I had eggs for breakfast and egg salad for lunch, both with whole wheat bread. I made a pasta and bean dish for supper and was still around 50 gms. I ate cottage cheese and cashews for snacks to bump it up some. I don't know if it would be possible to get 120 gms on a vegetarian diet.

Quote:

Originally Posted by flavorfull1 View Post

We had another mw appt yesterday and it went well. hr in the 140s and baby squirming all around. mw was surprised to feel a kick herself but DH has been able to feel them for a few weeks now. We got the referral for the anatomy ultrasound and I made the appt for 11/22 today. Now it is like waiting for Christmas on steroids!!!  I am honestly at a place that I am really excited for it to be either a boy or a girl.  I have been concerned about my weight since the beginning and the mw didn't seem that concerned about it but was concerned that I am not getting enough protein.  She wants me to get 120g/day which seems absurd to me.  She reasoned that I needed it for the pg and for nursing DS.  I added it up and even on a good day I am not close.  I have a master's in nutrition and I find it debatable to need 120g/day but I think she is probably right that I need more than I am getting.  I craved red meat in the beginning but now I don't at all. What do you do besides cheese (got that covered!) to get in the protein throughout the day.

Mom to Sam (3/2007), Bekah (4/2009)hbac.gif, Jedidiah (4/2012)hbac.gif, and expecting #4 in March!
#42 of 56 Old 11-11-2011, 06:49 AM

kaismom- hope you can figure out the best way to get what you want. it would totally be easier if people could just accept our feelings on birth and not get all touchy.

susan- cool about more comfortable clothes, I remember how nice it was to slide on pregnancy pants.

I have never been told an amount of protein to eat. i wonder if I am getting enough. I know I haven't been getting enough water.

so after i posted I went to lay down very tired and got a call from my mom, literally a minute after laying down. She had hurt her already hurt arm when her dog pulled her off the porch and partway across the yard. she has a million health problems anyway and SHOULD NOT have this dog, but won't listen to anyone. So I ended up taking her to the ER. HOURS. I finally got home at 6am.  While at the hospital I had the pleasure of smelling her vodka breath which made me puke and then going through the hospital they were doing construction and those smells made me sick.

#43 of 56 Old 11-11-2011, 08:02 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbochniak View Post

I'm so excited to see More Business of Being Born.  I loved the first one and it's a primary reason my husband is now on the natural birth wagon.  It's also an excellent resource to show your mainstream friends when they are pregnant, it will at least get them thinking.  

I'd never heard of or watched The Business of Being Born but it's on Netflix so watched it Thursday morning before work. Wow. So I went out on a limb and made DH watch it last night. He was not thrilled, but by about 10 minutes into it, he was glued to the screen and trying to convince me that we should have a natural home water birth instead of going to the birthing center. I think my argument to him to not make me get an epidural right off the bat is won, too. Hallelujah! Also fearing this whole birth thing a lot less now. I can't wait to see the next film now.

fairy.gif (DSD 10yo) angel2.gif (29wks - 2/2012) babygirl.gifrainbow1284.gif (1/2013)

#44 of 56 Old 11-12-2011, 04:28 AM

I watched BBB for the first time on my son's first birthday, the one year anniversary of my c/s, and cried and greived. When I conceived 6 months later I showed the film to my husband, and that convinced him to go for the homebirth. Now I can't imagine doing it any differently!

#45 of 56 Old 11-12-2011, 07:38 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Courtney: It’s hard. It took us 9 months of fairly to very invasive trying, and IVF to get pregnant. My best friend has a beautiful ‘surprise’ toddler, had an unplanned pregnancy that ended in early miscarriage a year later, and is now pregnant again. It was really hard to react appropriately because I was so jealous that it’s that easy for them. But then I remembered all of the pain she went through with the unexpected pregnancy and feeling totally unprepared and wishing that she and her now-husband could have been married first and planned for the baby instead of just having to deal with whatever came their way. Be sensitive to their plight, of course, but I’m sure that they’ll forgive you and be happy for you as soon as they can express it—after all, it’s not your fault that it’s so easy, and babies are wonderful, even if they’re not expected. Just don’t complain loudly about not wanting it or hating being pregnant or wishing you didn’t have to deal with it, because they are sitting their wishing that they did, you know?

Daylicious: good for you! I told my mom that she won’t be in the delivery room and I could tell it hurt her feelings. I figure I can always change my mind (she lives about an hour away), but there are going to be 4 grandmas, and although she’s my only mom, I don’t want the other three to be upset or feel left out, and I DEFINITELY don’t want that many people staring at me, on top of everyone else who will be there. Not sure if we’ll call in labor or when we get to the hospital or not til after birth.

Flavorful—I’ve got that u/s on the 22nd, too! It’s going to be good to go to thanksgiving armed with fancy baby pictures!

Kbochniak—we just watched the first one again last night (the first time was years ago and DP couldn’t remember any of it—so we kept getting into arguments about why I want things one way or the other. I think it helped!). I can’t wait to see the second one, and I have a looong list of things to talk about with my doctor next time I see her.

I had another baby dream, which was nice. A girl again, and with the same name as the last dream. My coworker keeps telling me that you dream the opposite (ie: dream girl baby is going to be a boy when he’s born), but I don’t know. It’s kind of nice to think that if it’s a girl she already knows her name…

She's here!
And so are the boys!
#46 of 56 Old 11-12-2011, 09:53 AM

isa: Last time around all my dreams were of a girl, and the night before the ultrasound I dreamt I was at the ultrasound and saw clear girl bits. She was, in fact, a girl :)

Ashley, Pagan treehugger.gif mama to E (6/09) and my beautiful hbac.gif baby T (4/3/12)
#47 of 56 Old 11-12-2011, 03:08 PM

Isa, yeah I have never said anything to them about not being happy, in fact this time I wasn't unhappy., i mean shocked at first but i just thought about how I would feel in 2 years in 10 years and the truth was I would be thrilled, so I decided to just feel that now. and right from the start I was over the moon.

as for dreams, i was SURE this would be a boy, last night i dreamt i saw the sonogram photo and very clearly i saw a penis. I can tell you when i cut the cake at the party today I was very surprised to see pink. i jumped up and down, i was so excited. my own little women. about 2 hours later it hit me that I was not having a boy and i had to mourn that. The sonographer said it was 80% girl, honestly, I am not sure if i totally believe it, I was so sure it was a boy.  Babies due April 1, maybe she'll surprise us and come out a boy. lol. now to start thinking girl names.

autmumn gray nice that the movie worked out so well. It totally convinced my twin sister to go that way when she has kids.

okay, weird, a girl posted on the picture of the pink cake my sister posted on her facebook about us having our 4th girl.

Quote:
OMG are you kidding?? Poor daddy, lol

#48 of 56 Old 11-13-2011, 06:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday Girl View Post

okay, weird, a girl posted on the picture of the pink cake my sister posted on her facebook about us having our 4th girl.

People are so naive. Honestly, I think that have all girls or all boys are one of life's special beauties. I have known many many dad's proud to have a family of all girls.

Married to DH 7 years and have three fantastic kiddos! DS 6, DD 4, and DS 2 ...... lo and behold another is on the way!

#49 of 56 Old 11-13-2011, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adoremybabe View Post

People are so naive. Honestly, I think that have all girls or all boys are one of life's special beauties. I have known many many dad's proud to have a family of all girls.

They're also really weird about the gender thing in general. As soon as I announced this baby I got lots of comments around "hoping for a boy this time?" or "man, I really hope you have a boy." We were actually pulling for a girl, my husband more than me. He would have loved to have 2 daughters. When we found out this one is a boy everyone seemed to assume he was particularly happy about having a son. We're happy we're having a baby, we're thrilled he's a boy (though it took some mental adjustment), and we would have been equally thrilled if he had been a girl.

I just don't get people.

In other news, OMG 20 weeks!

Ashley, Pagan treehugger.gif mama to E (6/09) and my beautiful hbac.gif baby T (4/3/12)
#50 of 56 Old 11-13-2011, 10:05 AM

Yeah Ashley, I've been celebrating the half way point myself today. I just can't believe it!!! And it's the first pregnancy for me that my uterus hasn't given me fits by this point...maybe I'll actually make it to my due date this time!

Brande: Mama of 5 and perpetual student.

#51 of 56 Old 11-13-2011, 01:27 PM

Ok seriously. Is there anything I can do to help the excessive gas I am experiencing? Its getting pretty constant and unbearable. I almost wish I could go back to the bad morning sickness because at least after I threw up, I had a short period of relief. Here, I feel constantly like I am going to explode and I can pretty much burp for an hour straight, wait 5 minutes and do it again. I am having trouble eating because of it too. Sometimes I get acid in the back of my throat too. This is entirely new to me, I almost never had gas before getting pregnant. I am not a fan of it.

#52 of 56 Old 11-13-2011, 02:48 PM

Hey ladies, hope everyone is doing alright.  I've had a terrible cough-cold type thing for nearly a week and am sort of miserable.  But I think its on the way out.  This baby must have her/his head directly on my bladder, because I've peed my pants 3 times from coughing--something that never happened last pg. Ugh.

Courtney, what a surprise about having a girl!  Oops, dinner is beeping, back for more later....

I don't know why people are so weird about gender.  Those people suck.  I think the idea of four girls is wonderful. 

Re. friends dealing with infertility--I feel that discomfort, especially with announcing this pregnancy.  With DD, it took us 4 or 5 months of whatevering--not charting or even knowing anything about my cycle.  With this baby, we literally got pg the first time we tried, after using FAM to avoid for a year.  shrug.gif  I do feel very fortunate, but it makes me sad in a way, because I have several friends who I would happily have give my July BFP.  But life doesn't work that way, so I just try to approach the "announcement" as delicately as possible.  I haven't officially announced on FB yet, but I have emailed friends that I wanted to tell in advance, so that it wouldn't be more painful than it has to be--one friend lost a baby at 23 weeks gestation in June; another has been trying for almost a year--when I emailed her she said she was pg too, so that was a happy thing.  But I know it can be hard to hear, especially when it feels like it is everyone but you. 

#53 of 56 Old 11-13-2011, 06:25 PM

before sneezes and coughs I have to squeeze my bladder shut and if it's big i sometimes grab my crotch too. fun times.

I am super farty, luckily fourth pegnancy in my sisters are used to it, and Hubs  and his family are farty and don't mind.

#54 of 56 Old 11-13-2011, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justKate View Post

Hey ladies, hope everyone is doing alright.  I've had a terrible cough-cold type thing for nearly a week and am sort of miserable.  But I think its on the way out.  This baby must have her/his head directly on my bladder, because I've peed my pants 3 times from coughing--something that never happened last pg. Ugh.

I'm just getting over my chest cold. Last weekend I was laid out because of it. Let me tell you! I wore a thin pad pretty much the whole time. Combination of week pelvic floor and hard cough. Not good. I hope that you are getting better. It's the pits.

Married to DH 7 years and have three fantastic kiddos! DS 6, DD 4, and DS 2 ...... lo and behold another is on the way!

#55 of 56 Old 11-14-2011, 06:52 AM

And once again this little guy seems to be ridiculously active. Last night at 20 weeks exactly I felt VERY clear kicks from the outside. The internet says that shouldn't happen this early, though I don't think it was too much later with DD. Either way, I love how the fetal development sites talk about "flutters" and I'm getting full blown THUMPS.

Posterior placenta FTW!

#56 of 56 Old 11-14-2011, 07:22 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

sunflwr- DH felt this one and DS kick from the outside at 16 weeks! My mw didn't believe me but last week I told her where the baby was kicking and she waited and it kicked her too!  Totally possible. Having a super active baby is fun, my DS was really active in utero and this one is active but not like DS. How fun!

Sorry for everyone that has been sick, DS and I are in the middle of a cold and it is not so fun!  Made me laugh though about all of the grab your crotch when you cough comments. I seriously coughed and crossed my legs the other day b/c I had to pee so bad!

Isa- wohoo for ultrasound day buddies! I cannot wait to find out!

Thursday- congrats on the girl!  People say really weird things about pg and sex of babies, I don't understand it!  Part of me really wants this baby to be a boy just because I know some family members are wanting a girl since we already have a boy. It is annoying. In my family we have four girls and one boy, boy was number four in birth order and people have said some of the dumbest things throughout the years. Growing up, sometimes I wondered if my dad was just waiting for his boy, I know it is not true now but it was a weird dynamic sometimes internally. 

Ok, I am off to post a new weekly chat!

married to my love , in love with MJ born 1/18/10 and PJ born 4/6/12 waterbirth.jpg and now due with a surprise 11/14!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page