The ginormous name thread - Page 6 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#151 of 154 Old 12-05-2011, 12:28 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Courtney, I think it's wonderful! thumb.gif

Artist wife to dh_malesling.GIF. Mom to DSS superhero.gif (3 yrs) and DD (04/12).  brokenheart.gif (2/28/10). winner.jpgcd.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#152 of 154 Old 12-05-2011, 01:25 PM

TG- I love it too!

tarabelle-- thank you.  these are wise words.  I've felt silly about my stance here, but that's how I feel!  I'm a bit of a control freak, I guess...

Distraction is not the same thing as play.
Be part of the diaper free revolution. 

DS1, 6 years.  DS2, 4 years.  DS3, brand new!  (April 2012)

#153 of 154 Old 12-06-2011, 08:54 AM

My mom took weeks to name several of us (except for me, whom she gave the most unimaginative name in 1980, and I am convinced that she gave absolutely no thought to.)  I think the longest was three months. Honestly.  My baby sister was called a different name every week until all of us (she had 7 older siblings) decided on Phoebe almost three months after she was born.  It took me several days to come up with #2s name, and we had to cross into the States from Canada with our nameless child.  #1 was named long before he was born, with the allowance that we could change it if the name didn't fit.  If this baby is a girl, she already has a name pretty firmly set, but if it's a boy, I think I will just have to wait until I meet him.  

"Well behaved women seldom make history." Laurel Ulrich   To make my mark I familybed2.gifnovaxnocirc.giffly-by-nursing2.giffemalesling.GIFhbac.gif waterbirth.jpgcd.gif adoptionheart-1.gif, among other things,  and try to live a sustainable, natural life. My brood includes DD1, DS1 2 and 3, and expecting another in Aug 2014. 
#154 of 154 Old 12-07-2011, 09:11 PM

Kaismum -

Leila is my name (and spelling!), and it's been great. As a name, it's interesting and different, but not too weird. I didn't like it as a kid, because people always mispronounced it, but now I really do love it. 

We're still deliberating. It's a good thing we have a few more months to think on it!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page