Cool Baby Stuff - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 12 Old 11-22-2011, 11:05 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

So this will be baby #3 for us, and we have a lot of stuff already.  BUT an important part of my nesting in second trimester happens to be the building of Amazon wishlists.  :)  I'm sure it is totally dictated by physiology.  I have to do it, you see.

So the challenge is finding stuff to put on the New Baby Wishlist that is unique and new and solves problems I didn't know I had with the other two babies.  I probably won't buy half of the stuff, but somehow, I like knowing what's out there.  It makes me feel like a New Baby Expert.  I'm never more of a materialist than when I'm pregnant!  I go into major "gatherer" mode. 

So... help me out?  Have you see any unique or new baby products out there that have caught your eye?

Here are the couple I have so far:

Baby Car Seat Rocker

21002_2.jpg

http://www.onestepahead.com/catalog/product.jsp?productId=537552&cmSource=Search 

We had a more swing-like looking swing from Graco with #2, and though I liked it, it was noisy and cumbersome.  We have never had a real swing.  But I love how small this one is.

Baby K'tan Baby Sling

30857447277715_2183_8411157.jpeg

http://www.babyktan.com/breeze.html

I'm really curious about these.  I like that they look secure but might pack down really small.

Blue Enamel Chamber Pot

814_general.jpg

http://www.asmallgreenfootprint.com/store/Blue-Enamel-Chamber-Pot-12p795.htm

We practice EC with our babes, and this item brings out the potty-collector in me.  It is so darling!  I'd put a "potty cozy" on it to keep it from being too cold on the little tush.

That's it so far!  If you find anything interesting, let me know!

Distraction is not the same thing as play.
Be part of the diaper free revolution. 

DS1, 6 years.  DS2, 4 years.  DS3, brand new!  (April 2012)

#2 of 12 Old 11-22-2011, 12:25 PM

One item that I really would like this time around is the Bright Starts Ingenuity Bouncer.  It is a infant bouncer that actually bounces on its own.  With my DS we always had to bounce it with our foot.  My husband said they should come out with one that automatically bounces and sure enough a year after my DS was done with his they come out with one.  With DS I only registered at Target and this time I decided to register at Target, Babies R Us and Walmart.  Mostly I put on the essentials (diapers, wipes, soap, etc.) but did add a few toys and other items.  Do not know if I will get anything from anyone but that is what I requested for christmas is anything off my registery.  At least if I don't get much I will get discounts from Target and Babies R Us for anything I want to buy off my list just prior to my due date. 

Married to a great DH since 2001; Have a wonderful DS (01/09); Have one little angel angel.gif in Heaven (05/11 at 7wks); been TTC since 10/09. BFP pos.gif on 07/31/11 due April 14. Cerclage placed 9/30/11; at 33wks cervix down to 1cm  Scott Edward born 03/13/12 at 2:56am at 35wks 2 day. 

#3 of 12 Old 11-22-2011, 05:32 PM

OOh fun.  I like the idea of the baby k'tan carrier, but I don't know if I feel like learning how to use another carrier.  But it is so much fun to see the new things that have come out in just a couple of years.  I think I should be making a list too...

#4 of 12 Old 11-22-2011, 07:22 PM

they had one of those k'tan carriers on auction at the LLL conference silent auction. I sort of want it.

I have also started an amazon wish list for this baby. All I have so far are some diaper covers, an ergo and a stroller with a basket underneath. I doubt I will get an ergo although I have wanted one with every baby, it's just so expensive. The stroller we will get at a used baby store in town. diapers I will make. I don't want to look at too much stuff because it will make me depressed when we can't afford it.

As for new, neat baby items? Can you believe some cloth diapers are getting so affordable? and maternity clothes have come a long way in only 8-9 years!

Courtney and Cree, baby made 3, added one more then there were 4, sakes alive, then we had 5, another in the mix now we have 6!

A Momma in love with her Little Women-Jewel Face, Jo Jo Bean, June Bug, and Sweet Coraline.

#5 of 12 Old 11-23-2011, 09:28 PM

"Well behaved women seldom make history." Laurel Ulrich   To make my mark I familybed2.gifnovaxnocirc.giffly-by-nursing2.giffemalesling.GIFhbac.gif waterbirth.jpgcd.gif adoptionheart-1.gif, among other things,  and try to live a sustainable, natural life. My brood includes DD1, DS1 2 and 3, and expecting another in Aug 2014. 
#6 of 12 Old 11-23-2011, 09:30 PM

"Well behaved women seldom make history." Laurel Ulrich   To make my mark I familybed2.gifnovaxnocirc.giffly-by-nursing2.giffemalesling.GIFhbac.gif waterbirth.jpgcd.gif adoptionheart-1.gif, among other things,  and try to live a sustainable, natural life. My brood includes DD1, DS1 2 and 3, and expecting another in Aug 2014. 
#7 of 12 Old 11-23-2011, 09:36 PM

All I really need is cloth diapers. We didn't use them last time (I know, I know...it was all too overwhelming for me. Bad mommy.), and I'm committed to it this time around. I don't know how many or what  kind or what accoutrements I need; I'm completely clueless at this point. I have it on the calendar to do some research on it once the holidays are over. 

(Ooh but I need a new carrier also. This thread reminded me.)

#8 of 12 Old 11-24-2011, 07:12 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

i never knew about these with my other 2 although i know they are not 'new'. were building a house an di know i will be putting in the propper hardawre for one or 2 of these3 when we do!

http://miyobaby.com/products.html

however, i think my 5 year old, and 3 year old may have too much fun swinging baby! haha!

DS-8/06 peace.gif
DD-5/08 innocent.gif
DD-4/12 loveeyes.gif
Due: July2014 shy.gif
semi crunchy, but getting crispier!

*** heartbeat.gif 5****10****15****20****25****30****35****40
#9 of 12 Old 11-24-2011, 12:41 PM

Aletheia--your post cracks me up.  I totally get where you are coming from.

My girlfriend had an Amazon wishlist for her recent baby and got me turned onto Amazon Mom.  She had this on her list (car seat piddle pad) which makes total sense and maybe has been around for years but since we're going to be about 7 yrs out since DD was born, it was new to me and I thought it was a FANTASTIC idea...how many times did I take apart the entire carseat to clean a poop-splosion off the cover?

51ya9yjwJPL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Unschooling mama alongside DH (05/01) to DD (5/05).  Expecting #2 spring 2012!

#10 of 12 Old 11-24-2011, 01:46 PM

I got one of those piddle pads b/c my 2 year old kept peeing in the car after she was trained, she just wouldn't tell me when she had to go if we were in the car.  I have no doubt some of the hardcore carseat peopel will say they aren't safe to use, but I decided to chance it. Get 2. one for in the seat one for the wash.

Courtney and Cree, baby made 3, added one more then there were 4, sakes alive, then we had 5, another in the mix now we have 6!

A Momma in love with her Little Women-Jewel Face, Jo Jo Bean, June Bug, and Sweet Coraline.

#11 of 12 Old 11-25-2011, 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NCMtnMama View Post

All I really need is cloth diapers. We didn't use them last time (I know, I know...it was all too overwhelming for me. Bad mommy.), and I'm committed to it this time around.

No no, no mommy guilt! I only CD'ed for DD's first three months and then after 20 months.  Whatever.  IMHO that's not something that's going to make or break it for a kid.  love.gif

#12 of 12 Old 11-25-2011, 02:11 PM

yeah... DH and I don't have a washer/dryer and the nearest laundromat is about about 8 blocks away over an overpass.  DH has a van but I don't drive and don't want to be so dependant on him if I can help it.  Ideally, I would LOVE to CD but realistically I think it's fair to say it's not going to happen.  Let's just say I am not one to judge!

happily married to my rock and roll cowboy guitar.gif since 2009, living the dream with our Rosebud, 26/04/12 joy.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page