mama's who have/are having boys... - Page 6 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 
Closed Thread

#151 of 156 Old 11-29-2011, 08:48 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

wow, this thread blew up even harder then it had.  Awesome.

Chiro, I think you can change the title if you edit the original post.

I wish there was a more private place we could discuss the topic, like if you have decided on an approach in communicating with your DH. I read facts to Hubs until he didn't want to hear them, then I  told him that I had made my decision and I was willing to listen to what research he found and then we could discuss the topic further. He chose not to do any research and go along with what i had researched.

Courtney and Cree, baby made 3, added one more then there were 4, sakes alive, then we had 5, another in the mix now we have 6!

A Momma in love with her Little Women-Jewel Face, Jo Jo Bean, June Bug, and Sweet Coraline.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#152 of 156 Old 11-29-2011, 10:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by philomom View Post

Where did they publicize it?
Love the xkcd reference!

Hazelbranch mentions it upthread, but they sent a link to our "sizzling hot thread you don't want to miss" as part of their email newsletter. Thus, MORE trolls.

Ashley, Pagan treehugger.gif mama to E (6/09) and my beautiful hbac.gif baby T (4/3/12)
#153 of 156 Old 11-29-2011, 10:23 PM

Chiromama: My father, a RN and I have had some interesting discussions on circ since I became pregnant. My dad and his three siblings were born at home between 1940-1954. My grandmother was a stay at home mom and pretty crunchy for her time. She did not have any of her three boys circ'd. When my brother was born in the late 80's there was literature everywhere about how circ was better, etc. My brother was circ'd and later on down the road, my father regretted the decision as did my mother.

My parents have been married for 39 years and have enjoyed a healthy, normal sex life up until these past few months when my dad was diagnosed with prostate cancer. Dad is 100% behind me in telling our other family members that we will choose not to circ our son. Dh and my mother are also in agreement. Coming from a RN who has surgical, emergency room, critical and long term care experience that he wishes he had researched his parents original decision and applied it to his own child weighed heavily on my mind. He is the reason I started researching circ before I even conceived because of conversations I had with friends about circ.

For me choosing not to circ has been a journey of sorts. I am happy with our decision and we will know tomorrow if we will have a boy or girl in April!

Artist wife to dh_malesling.GIF. Mom to DSS superhero.gif (3 yrs) and DD (04/12).  brokenheart.gif (2/28/10). winner.jpgcd.gif

#154 of 156 Old 11-30-2011, 04:42 AM

Thirteen years ago I was pregnant with our first (and only, till now!) child. I started researching, with what limited internet access I had, about circumcision in case we had a boy. I was horrified to find out what they go through for apparently no good reason. My husband was circumcised but neither of our fathers were. We both decided we were not going to do it if we had a son.

I made this clear to my Doctor but after we had our little guy, just a few short hours later, she came in my room and let me know she was taking him down to get circumcised! That is when I got my first experience of being a 'mamabear'! I calmly explained that we were not going to have that done and she apologized and all was well but I tell you, the protectiveness over thinking someone was going to take my baby and hurt him was so powerful. I loved it!

Am I happy with our decision? Yes. There were times of concern. He would get these white filled little pockets at the tip/head and sometimes it was raw and seemed to irritate him. I asked his pediatrician and he let me know it was normal as his penis grew more and the skin started separating naturally. A little neosporin worked great when this happened. We always remind him to pull it back when he is bathing and if he does get any discomfort now he knows that maybe he hasn't been cleaning properly.

Now that I am pregnant and don't know what the sex is yet we asked him what he thinks about being circumcised and would he want his baby brother to look like him or dad? He said he is fine with it and would like his brother to look like him.

Everyone else (except for one distant cousin) in my family has had their children circumcised and I figure that is there decision to make but for us and the knowledge I inquired when researching gave me all I need to make the correct decision for us.

Blessings to all!

#155 of 156 Old 11-30-2011, 09:18 AM
Administrator

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 113 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunflwrmoonbeam View Post

Zuzu, my problem is this: http://xkcd.com/386/ I occasionally get drawn into flame wars because, well, they can be fun. But yeah, I was done with this thread until Mothering betrayed us by publicizing it for shits and giggles (and page hits).

Betrayal is pretty harsh. Are you sure it was an intentional act? Would you please send me a copy of that newsletter so I can see what you're referring to? 

#156 of 156 Old 11-30-2011, 09:39 AM
Administrator

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 113 Post(s)

While I can appreciate that a DDC is for a group of moms to discuss their shared journey of pregnancy more specific topics about something that has a devoted forum here is going to generate input from others. As well we do not have a rule about a DDC forum being restricted to specific members. If a member is creating issues in a DDC that can be reported but telling people they cannot post in a DDC is really not anyone's right. If you want a members only group you have the Groups option of a closed forum which still requires you to adhere to the general Mothering UA regarding acceptable posting.

Any further discussion about this topic should go to The Case Against Circumcision. This thread is closed.  

Closed Thread

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page