long time lurker..finally introducing myself - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 11-30-2011, 03:53 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hello all

I tried earlier to post an intro but my computer ate it. Trying one more time.

I have read and learned much for you fine ladies of mdc for nearly the last 10 years, without ever posting an intro and saying "hi"

Without knowing it you have helped me have the confidence to homeschool, to homebirth my last child and to be confident in my babywearing, breastfeeding life when no one around here parented like I did. You helped me through my miscarriage last year, even though you didn't know me...so I owe you a huge thanks for letting me listen in.

I am Kate. I am expecting a baby girl (Ruby June) in mid April and I will be 41 when she is born. (please let me not be the oldest mom in the ddc) I won't be having a homebirth this time which really stinks, (financial reasons) but I am keeping my chin up and making the best of it. My OB is pretty cool about it though, told me just to show up right at the end...I just fear getting to the hospital during transition :) I have 19 year old son, who was home schooled through high school, a nearly 12 year old daughter who is in a tiny "home school" school due to my ex deciding to punish me. He tried to accuse me of educational neglect because I failed to teach her to take standardized tests during the most stressful time of her life, silly me. But she is doing well, is very happy, and the school is on my side, so again making the best of a screwed up situation. I am madly in love with my partner, and we are both over the moon about the new baby. We have both escaped controlling ex's and had both wanted more kids..I am just glad we are able to be blessed with one..the loss is still hard to talk about.

I work as a barn manager for a very small show horse barn and hope to keep working right up to the end. So how is poo shoveling as prenatal exercise? I have had to make some adjustments around the bump and I bring help if we have anything to be unloaded, but so far so good. The barn is my happy place and I am more fit now then I was 12 years ago when my daughter was born because of it. My beloved is an electrician and a bass player in a punk/metal band. (he came with two sons ages 23 and 18)..so besides family we have a tribe of musicians around. Somewhat of a circus, but there is a lot of love and big "family" meals..if it does get loud on practice nights.

ok enough about me..I wrote a book already

k

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-30-2011, 07:23 PM

congrats on the new baby!  and welcome! 

Married to overworked  DH reading.gif since 2003, happily familybed1.gif mama to DD (01/09) and  babyboy.gif DS (4/12)

Old 12-01-2011, 05:39 AM

Welcome RubyJune! Congrats on your baby girl. Mind if I add you to the genders thread? I hope you find April DDC a comfy and welcoming place. Jump right in! :)

Married to my favorite man in '07. Our firstborn came along in April 2012 (HBC), and our second is on the way, due sometime in May 2014 (planning an HBAC).
Old 12-01-2011, 05:54 AM

Welcome Kate, and little Ruby June! smile.gif  Such a sweet name for a little girl.

knit.gifLaura, mama to my wonderful Wilhelmina (11/08) energy.gif and my precious Peregrine (4/12) babyboy.gif

Old 12-01-2011, 08:40 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks for the warm welcome :) Glad to finally join in.

My mother hates the name Ruby, "too southern" . It is weird you would think that at 40 I would have the confidence to blow off the deep sighing and new name suggestions with a little more grace. If there is ever a next baby, I'm telling every one I am naming it lima bean so they will be happy when I don't :)

Old 12-01-2011, 08:41 AM - Thread Starter

..oh and yes add us to team pink. Thanks

Old 12-01-2011, 10:03 AM

Done! I like Ruby. :)

Married to my favorite man in '07. Our firstborn came along in April 2012 (HBC), and our second is on the way, due sometime in May 2014 (planning an HBAC).
Old 12-01-2011, 11:57 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Welcome and I like the name Ruby as well.  I am figuring out the name thing now and how to not care what other people think and just name my kid what I want, it isn't easy!  Excited for you and your partner and your sweet baby girl on the way! Oh and shoveling horse poop- super great for fitness, you go mama!

married to my love , in love with MJ born 1/18/10 and PJ born 4/6/12 waterbirth.jpg and now due with a surprise 11/14!
Old 12-01-2011, 02:15 PM

Ruby, I love the "lima bean" idea. If my youngest had been a boy I was dead set on naming her Cornelius...everyone I knew (except DH) HATED it! This time around they seemed willing to accept just about any name as long as it was Cornelius, so I think the tactic would work LOL

Brande: Mama of 5 and perpetual student.

Old 12-01-2011, 02:25 PM

Welcome! I love the name Ruby June too! Ruby has been on my list of names as well. :)

chicken3.gif Student mama to four big kids and one brand new baby girl Lennon (04/17/12)

Old 12-01-2011, 02:51 PM

Aloha Kate! I also love the name Ruby June! Yes, it does sound Southern, but in my book, that's a good thing thumb.gif

I am also 41, and will be pretty close to 42 when my little guy makes his debut. So I might just be the old lady in this group, lol.

Welcome wave.gif

rainbow1284.gifJess, mama to five boys joy.gif

Old 12-01-2011, 05:41 PM

Welcome Kate! I also love the name Ruby <3!

Wendy,loving wife to Brian, happy mama of Trinity(15), Christian(15), Gavin(13), Logan(11), Griffon(9),Jubilee(7), Epiphany (4), and Lucian Danger( born 18 April 12) <3
Old 12-01-2011, 09:13 PM

Welcome Rubyjune! Congrats!

Artist wife to dh_malesling.GIF. Mom to DSS superhero.gif (3 yrs) and DD (04/12).  brokenheart.gif (2/28/10). winner.jpgcd.gif

Old 12-03-2011, 09:43 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jess in hawaii View Post

Aloha Kate! I also love the name Ruby June! Yes, it does sound Southern, but in my book, that's a good thing thumb.gif

I am also 41, and will be pretty close to 42 when my little guy makes his debut. So I might just be the old lady in this group, lol.

Welcome wave.gif

Awesome..nice to "meet" you.

Personally I don't think the age thing is too much of a big deal, I'm in better shape now then I was at 28. I think the thing that is really effecting the way my OB treats me is the previous homebirth, who knew you could get street cred for that ;)

Old 12-30-2011, 01:04 AM

Hi, Kate! Since you've chosen such an awesome baby name, you must just be an awesome mama all around! joy.gif I Love Love Love Love "Ruby June"!

~A~

'Ailina -- mom to...

Rocky (19)   Priss (14)   Bunny (13)

Moe (11)   Squeak (9)   Sprout (16 months)

Old 01-29-2012, 09:31 AM - Thread Starter

Oh and everyone this is my real life friend ...

a completely rockin mom in her own right

User Tag List