Families In Need Updates - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 13 Old 11-01-2011, 11:33 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

This thread will provide ongoing information to MDC Families In Need about the Holiday Helper Program.

If there are any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to PM me, TiredX2.

#2 of 13 Old 11-03-2011, 12:07 PM - Thread Starter

Just a request: If you contact me, please include your FIN # in the PM.  It makes things go *lots* faster if I don't have to go look for it.

TIA

#3 of 13 Old 11-05-2011, 10:59 AM - Thread Starter

If you want to update your Needs List, just send me a PM including the changes you would like made AND your FIN #.

If you've put something very vague on your list, like "toys or books" you can always add some more information.  Like "girly toys or dolls", "not a board game" or "adventure books for 3-5th grade reading level."  More information is always better when trying to make a match!

#4 of 13 Old 11-19-2011, 12:37 PM - Thread Starter

We have a Holiday Helper who would like to help a Homeschooling Family.  They have Waldorf curriculum available.  If you are interested, please PM me (TiredX2).  Remember to use your FIN # and mention the Waldorf offer.

Thanks!

Curriculum Requested 11/19

#5 of 13 Old 12-12-2011, 08:19 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)

Just wanted to add, that if something has been on the I have available thread for awhile and you think it would be useful for your family, even if you haven't got it listed in your needs, you can request for yourself.  You can contact TiredX2 if you want to do that or you can PM the facilitator that is helping your family and they can contact TiredX2 to request it for you.  :)

#6 of 13 Old 12-15-2011, 09:47 AM - Thread Starter

Another bump to remind families that the "I Have Available..." list has a lot of unclaimed items!  Please check it out and request anything your family could use (it does NOT need to be on your list of needs for you to request it).

#7 of 13 Old 12-18-2011, 07:36 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenOfTheMeadow View Post

Just wanted to add, that if something has been on the I have available thread for awhile and you think it would be useful for your family, even if you haven't got it listed in your needs, you can request for yourself.  You can contact TiredX2 if you want to do that or you can PM the facilitator that is helping your family and they can contact TiredX2 to request it for you.  :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiredX2 View Post

Another bump to remind families that the "I Have Available..." list has a lot of unclaimed items!  Please check it out and request anything your family could use (it does NOT need to be on your list of needs for you to request it).

Just wanted to bump these important reminders! joy.gif

hh2.gif Head over to the Holiday Helper forum and be a part of this wonderful Mothering tradition! joy.gif

Wondering about Mothering in general? Check out Mothering's User Agreement! smile.gif

#8 of 13 Old 12-21-2011, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyHappyMommy View Post

Quote:

Quote:

Just wanted to bump these important reminders! joy.gif

Just bumping up this message! joy.gif

hh2.gif Head over to the Holiday Helper forum and be a part of this wonderful Mothering tradition! joy.gif

Wondering about Mothering in general? Check out Mothering's User Agreement! smile.gif

#9 of 13 Old 12-24-2011, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

#10 of 13 Old 12-26-2011, 07:47 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

#11 of 13 Old 12-27-2011, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

#12 of 13 Old 12-29-2011, 07:42 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

#13 of 13 Old 01-28-2012, 02:29 PM - Thread Starter

As the End of January rapidy approaches (and there is only one more item being mailed that I know of) I think it is safe to consider Holiday Helpers 2011 to be officially closing.

I would really appreicate any input from Families In Need.  Please PM me and I will combine your comments/ responses and we will be able to use them to improve the program for next year.

So:

Quote:

What did you like about the program?

What did you not like?

How do you feel the program could be improved?

Any and all input--- the more critical the better--- will be used and appreciated!

Thanks again,

TiredX2

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page