Holiday Helper: It's OUTERWEAR WEEK!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 11-07-2011, 01:55 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)

hh2.gif It's OUTERWEAR WEEK!!!!!!!!!!!!! hh2.gif

Do you have new or gently used coats, gloves, hats, mittens, or scarves for children or adults that you could donate to a Family in Need??? If so, please PM one of the Holiday Helper Coordinators or Facilitators or post the item(s) you have to the "I Have Available" Thread:

http://www.mothering.com/community/t/1334602/the-i-have-available-thread

To see a Master List of what Outerwear is needed, check out these posts:

http://www.mothering.com/community/t/1334813/families-in-need-fin-master-needs-list#post_16727596

http://www.mothering.com/community/t/1334813/families-in-need-fin-master-needs-list#post_16727616

hh2.gifLet's see if we can meet all of the families' outwear needs by November 12th!  hh2.gif

Do you have an item other than outerwear to provide to a Family in Need? Even though it's OUTERWEAR WEEK, donations of any type are still welcome. PM one of the Holiday Helper Coordinators or Facilitators and we'll be happy to help spread the joy.

The 2011 Facilitators are:
AdinaL- Coordinator
QueenOfTheMeadow - Assistant coordinator
TiredX2 - FIN central contact person, I Have Available thread coordinator
incorrigible - Shipping Fairy Coordinator
weliveintheforest - Canada FIN Coordinator

Helpers/Match Makers:

tracymom1

Thanks for helping to spread the joy this holiday season! joy.gif

ETA: Links fixed.

hh2.gif Head over to the Holiday Helper forum and be a part of this wonderful Mothering tradition! joy.gif

Wondering about Mothering in general? Check out Mothering's User Agreement! smile.gif

#2 of 9 Old 11-08-2011, 07:35 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

the links are not working

Mom to K(7)M(4)and baby J(2)cold.gifhh2.gif
:

#3 of 9 Old 11-08-2011, 07:57 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayleesmom View Post

the links are not working

Thanks for letting me know. I think I've fixed them. Please let me know if you still have problems.

hh2.gif Head over to the Holiday Helper forum and be a part of this wonderful Mothering tradition! joy.gif

Wondering about Mothering in general? Check out Mothering's User Agreement! smile.gif

#4 of 9 Old 11-08-2011, 08:03 AM

also when you click on match makers names some of them if not all dont work either.

:

#5 of 9 Old 11-08-2011, 09:20 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayleesmom View Post

also when you click on match makers names some of them if not all dont work either.

I think they're working now.  Do you mind checking?  They seem to be working for me now.  Hmm, odd.

#6 of 9 Old 11-09-2011, 03:04 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenOfTheMeadow View Post

I think they're working now.  Do you mind checking?  They seem to be working for me now.  Hmm, odd.

They are working over here...

Mom to J and never-ending , 0/2014 items decluttered, 0/52 crafts crafts completed  crochetsmilie.gif homeschool.gif  reading.gif  modifiedartist.gif

Seeking zen in 2014.  Working on journaling and finding peace this year.  Spending my free time taking J to swimteam

#7 of 9 Old 11-12-2011, 05:43 PM

they work now/

:

#8 of 9 Old 11-20-2011, 05:35 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Question: for all those who listed "I have available" things, is everybody responsible for shipping to whoever need it? (I even saw a bed listed there.) I have several coats available for kids and adults, and a bunch of toddler boy clothes, but I think unless they're all wanted by the same family, shipping might be rather steep to various families in US.

Mom to 2 beautiful autistic boys (12 & 11)  
#9 of 9 Old 11-20-2011, 05:50 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poddi View Post

Question: for all those who listed "I have available" things, is everybody responsible for shipping to whoever need it? (I even saw a bed listed there.) I have several coats available for kids and adults, and a bunch of toddler boy clothes, but I think unless they're all wanted by the same family, shipping might be rather steep to various families in US.

Hi Poddi,

Shipping help may be available. Here's some information from the Holiday Helper FAQ:

Can HH help me with shipping costs?

Maybe. The MDC Shipping Fairy is funded entirely by donations from the community. We are counting on each other. If you are able to donate funds, we will gratefully accept them through our GoFundMe account http://www.gofundme.com/MDC2011 To minimize shipping costs, we can also work with you to find the nearest Family in Need for what you have available. There are also several sizes of flat rate priority mail boxes, which allow you to know shipping costs in advance with no weighing – check ahead here and fill up a flat rate box! Please PM incorrigible if you are in need of Shipping Fairy help. This year we will be running the shipping fairy via GoFundMe, a fundraising site. Any little bit you have can help, and all donations received will go directly toward HH shipping assistance. If you have questions about how this is being handled, please contact AdinaL or incorrigible.

Please check out the Holiday Helper FAQ or contact AdinaL or incorrigible if you have more questions about shipping.

Thanks for your interest in donating!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page