Forum Jump: 
Closed Thread

#91 of 103 Old 01-01-2012, 04:19 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

From FIN #36 (regarding Hylands Matching Gift Cards):

Quote:

This was a wonderful gift. Thank you so very much! We received one pair of snow boots through Holiday Helpers, but this was able to provide us with boots for the rest of the family.

Blessings and love to the entire Holiday Helpers team and all the participants!!!

#92 of 103 Old 01-03-2012, 02:55 PM

From FIN #33:

Quote:

I wanted to give a heart felt thank you to all the kind and generous Mdc'ers that helped make this Christmas so special for us. The generousity that was poured out was more then I ever expected and truly warmed the hearts of everyone in our family and brought such cheer.

​My little girls received a huge box of fantastic hand me downs and they were just so excited! They have been wearing everything no stops. Thank you! They also recieved a gc for snow clothing from hylands and we are just so appreciative, thank you Hylands!

I recieved a ton of gorgeous yarn that was just such a treat I can't thank the sweet mama who sent it enough! Such a wonderful luxury that I am savoring and cherishing. Also thank you to the moms who sent me the maternity pants and nursing tops! I have never been able to afford nursing tops and am so excited about using them when this baby comes!

Thank you so much for the newborn covers as well, I hope to put them to good use soon!

I also just wanted to say thank you to all the wonderful moms who spent so much time and engergy making all this happen.

With much gratitude,

Family #33

#93 of 103 Old 01-03-2012, 06:35 PM

FIN #20

I am so overwhelmed by the generosity of the MDC members. We have received some gorgeous diapers for DD, yarn for me, books for DS, and so many other amazing gifts. It is so much more than I was expecting and I am just blown away. To everyone who helped our family this year - THANK YOU! You have made our Christmas so wonderful!

#94 of 103 Old 01-05-2012, 09:39 PM

FIN #17 here--

Kathy--thank you so so much for the TWO generous boxes full of lovely things for my little ones!  The toys were met with squeals and excitement all around.  The balloon kit has already (!) been used UP in a flurry of "look at this one!  make me one!  i want one too!"  And when the books box arrived, all of my kids plopped down on the floor immediately and started reading.

To the mama who sent so many skeins of gorgeous matching yarn for me to crochet with--thank you so much!  I am excited to make some arm warmers out of them!  

Thanks to the MDC holiday helper program, my 4 year old now thinks that Santa leaves gifts for the mailman to deliver. luxlove.gif

Brightest holiday and new year wishes to you all!

#95 of 103 Old 01-08-2012, 08:52 AM

FIN #42:

Quote:

Thank you so much for including our family. At one point we literally we're really worried where we'd get our next meal, the pantry was empty and the kids were hungry (us too, but it was worse seeing them hungry), and then Leah's $50 came and we were able to go to the store. It was such a blessing.

Also, on new year's day we found out my partner got a part time job, thats 6-8 hours a week, $100/hour! If it continues to work out, we shouldn't have to ever be in a situation like that again. I am so happy.

#96 of 103 Old 01-11-2012, 05:03 PM

We are FIN #xx (deleted because I forgot to post anonymously!). To whoever sent us the tagalong bike- OMG. My daughter is over the moon. She is just THRILLED to be able to bike with the rest of the family again. This bike is perfect for her because she can participate as much as she wants and rest as much as she needs. It is great!!!  Today we received a package with some great presents for my son- I hope you do not mind but I am going to give them to my son for his birthday (next week!!!) because it is just perfect for him. He is reading the Percy Jackson books and I know he will use the B&N gift cert to get more of them!!!! 

To the wonderful person who sent us Settlers of Catan- this is our new family favorite. It is challenging enough to keep dh and I entertained, but not too hard to be out of reach of ds. Even dd (5) likes it- although she plays on my team! 

I know I already said thank you to all who sent us gift cards, but I wanted to say thank you again. I don't want to be a bummer so I won't reiterate all the things that have happened to us in these past few months. I just want you to know that you all made our holiday special and wonderful. THANK YOU! 

Mom to two perfect kids earth.gif  surrogate to two sweetpotatos heartbeat.gifheartbeat.gif born 4.21.11  

I love someone with ataxia telangiectasia http://www.atcp.org

#97 of 103 Old 01-11-2012, 05:06 PM

Oh darn. I meant to post that anonymously. Oh well, honestly I am not at all ashamed to be a FIN, and I am so very grateful and humbled by the kindness of the women on this board.  Our family has been through hell and back, and I had all but forgotten that people really are good at heart.

I can't wait for next year when I plan on paying it forward.

Mom to two perfect kids earth.gif  surrogate to two sweetpotatos heartbeat.gifheartbeat.gif born 4.21.11  

I love someone with ataxia telangiectasia http://www.atcp.org

#98 of 103 Old 01-11-2012, 05:10 PM

FIN 10

I am very late in writing these and I am sorry but I wanted everyone to know how much we really appreciated all that we recieved!

Thank you to the family in CA for the Toys R Us gift card. DS1's birthday is right after xmas and I was afraid there would be nothing left to keep his special day seperate from xmas, so that was perfect to take care of his birthday.

Thank you to the family in Hawaii that sent us the wonderful box of clothes for all 3 DS's and me. The potty was perfect and we are already working on useing it with DS3. The gift bag and puzzle book were also wonderful. The fact that you included special treats from the island for DH and I was very touching. We are so very appreciative of your amazing generousity. I can tell you put alot of effort into getting it to us before xmas and I want you to know that it did. We recieved it on xmas eve, I am just very late in expressing my gratitude.

Thank you to Hylands and to everyone involved in that project. The Target gift card was far beyond what we ever thought might happen and will be incredibly helpful.

Thank you for the calendar, though I have forgotten where it was sent from. I hope the person who sent it remembers sending it and knows what a wonderful gift it was to me.

And, above all a HUGE thank you to all the HH coordinators and volunteers. You have restored my faith in humanity and my belief that there are selfless, caring people left in the world.

#99 of 103 Old 01-14-2012, 07:31 PM

Katheryn,

Thank you so much for the CDs and movie!!! I got them right before I had to drive to get my babies in Detroit - 4 hours each way.  It was so nice to have some fresh music instead of trying to find radio stations every half hour.  And American Beauty is one of my favorite movies!

FIN #19

#100 of 103 Old 01-16-2012, 08:07 PM

FIN #42

Thank you MDC for allowing our family to participate in this, it helped us so much!

Leah C, thank you for your extreme generosity.  First we got your card with $50 in it; I cried, I couldn't believe someone could be so giving. It came on a day when our cupboards and refrigerator were very empty, everyone was hungry and my partner wasn't going to be paid for awhile. I didn't know what to do. I was so depressed and then we checked the mail and there was your card! It was a miracle. We were so excited to go to the store and get some chicken and potatoes and fruits and vegetables! Thank you so much.  Then the day after Christmas a box arrived filled with clothes and an awesome wood car puzzle for my son. My daughter loved the art supplies, and my partner and I were very thankful for the warm socks. When I saw that the box was also from you, I really couldn't believe you had sent us more.  Then about a week later, we got another box. I assumed it was from someone else, but when I opened it I saw it was also from you. My daughter loved all the clothes. She has been especially talking about the footie pajamas and the black shirt with the little red rose on it.  She calls it her "new special shirt."  The dinosaur pants and shirt for my son were just perfect.  We showed him and he pointed to the dinosaur and said "roarr!" That pretty much is the highest compliment he can give right now :) So thank you thank you, I'm blown away by your generosity.

Amanda, thank you for sending my daughter a new pair of jeans. She said she thought they were cute :)  I honestly never thought there were people out there like you who would do something like this.  It feels so nice to have all the clothes I need for my daughter now.  It was very stressful whenever I would go to get her dressed and everything was too small. I felt like such a failure. So thank you for giving her a nice pair of pants that fit great and look like they have lots of room for her to grow!

Whoever sent the smartwool kid's socks, thank you so much! It's been snowing for 3 days here and we will be keeping our kid's feet nice and warm with these. They are so cute too! I love the colors. Thank you!

And whoever donated so we could get a $100 visa giftcard, thank you so much! We could only use it online, so we paid our very late electricity bill with it. Thank you for making it so I didn't have to stress about losing power!

Thank you again everyone who made this possible. It made a huge difference for us.  And the good news is that after new year's day, my partner found out he got a new part time job that pays $100/hour! They said it would be 6-9 hours of work a week, so that should make a huge huge difference for us.  Hopefully next year we can be helping someone else at Christmas time. Thank you for helping us get through this hard time.

#101 of 103 Old 01-24-2012, 05:03 AM

From FIN#35 joy.gifwe received our 'second round' of gifts. TY for persisting and getting us the soaps and umbrellas. dd loves the rainbow colour and i love we have matching umbrellas.

sorry i did not get here early. i was away and only found the gifts after we got home. what a sweet surprise.

thank you so much. 

#102 of 103 Old 02-08-2012, 10:38 AM

From FIN #3

Dear Friends in PA,

Wow...what an awesome surprise I got on my doorstop this morning!  A huge box full of clothes for DD1 and toys for DS!  Thank you, thank you, thank you!  Totally made my day!

The timing was perfect!  The both have birthdays coming up...DD1 turns 10 next week and DS turns 4 two weeks later!  Thank you, thank you, thank you!  What a wonderful surprise!

Blessings,

FIN #3

#103 of 103 Old 06-19-2012, 06:39 AM

Well done you guys!

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page