GOAL MET!!! Hyland's Offers to Match Holiday Helper Donations, Find Out How to Take Part! - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 48 Old 11-29-2011, 11:13 AM - Thread Starter
Administrator

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)

The goal has been met for this matching program so donations will no longer be accepted. You can still help the families in need in other ways here. Thank you to Hyland's and all of those who donated, as well as our Holiday Helper facilitators, for working to make such a huge difference in the lives of families this holiday season!

hylands.png

Every year during the holiday season Mothering members help each other in a very special way. As part of the Holiday Helper program, our members donate gently used and new items, as well as gift cards, to families from the Mothering community who are struggling financially. Working together we make a huge impact on these families in need.

This year we welcome a long-time friend of Mothering to the program, Hyland's, Inc., a proud manufacturer of homeopathic medicines. Hyland's has approached us with a very generous offer to match financial donations of up to $1,000 toward the purchase of gift cards to help fill needs in our program this year. 

The Mothering community would like to extend a huge thank you to Hyland's for helping us make a difference this holiday season.

How you can take part:

We need your help to take advantage of this offer. By making a donation of any amount using the information found below your gift will be doubled automatically.

The beautiful thing about the Holiday Helper program is that you can view the needs of actual members in need and request that your donation go directly to a specific family. Or, if you prefer, you can make a general donation and our Holiday Helper coordinator will apply the money to pressing and unmet needs. No matter how you chose to help, 100% of your donation will be used to help a family. 

To donate please send your financial gift via paypal to the address below. Please mention that the money is to go to the Holiday Helper program,  and the number of the family you are donating to (if you have a specific family in mind). Review the Families in Need forum for a list of needs and identifying family numbers.

Donation address: Donations through this program are closed. please visit the Holiday Helper forum to discover other ways to help

For more information on the Holiday Helper program please read this post from Mothering founder Peggy O'Mara or view the Holiday Helper program forum directly. Questions about Holiday Helper or the matching program can be directed to the coordinator, Adina, at adinan[at]mothering.com.

Once again, we thank Hyland's for embracing the spirit of the season and offering to help our families in need!

fundraising.png

#2 of 48 Old 11-29-2011, 11:34 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
thats awesome! yay hylands smile.gif

*~*Ashley*~* newly single mama to Tristan 10/01/2007
#3 of 48 Old 11-30-2011, 11:38 AM

This if FABULOUS!

Off right this minute to make a paypal donation so that Hylands can match it!

Thank you. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Check out New Moon on my Astrology Site

http://tracyastrosalon.blogspot.com/

#4 of 48 Old 11-30-2011, 11:43 AM

I just sent a $50 donation to Hylands and they will turn it into $100.

It was painless and beautiful. 

Hoping others will do the same and make the most of this generous opportunity!

hip hip hurray for Hylands.  Who I loved before today and now love more.

hylands teething tabs saved my life when my son was teething.

Tracy

#5 of 48 Old 11-30-2011, 01:56 PM

What an amazing offer!!!! Thanks Hylands! 

stillheart.gif The Hippie & the Marine stillheart.gif  hh2.gif
My boys: S (4) & O (2) & Expecting #3 in Dec. 2011

#6 of 48 Old 11-30-2011, 05:38 PM

How awesome...Go Hylands! My daughter loves the teething tablets too.

living with alopecia universalis (google it), learning alongside my children DD 2003blahblah.gif DS 2007fencing.gifDD 2011jog.gif

#7 of 48 Old 12-04-2011, 05:47 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)

Awesome!  I love this company so much!

#8 of 48 Old 12-04-2011, 07:49 PM
Administrator

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 64 Post(s)

So wonderful!!!

winner.jpg Adina knit.gifmama to B hearts.gif 4/06  and E baby.gif  8/13/12 (on her due date!) homebirth.jpg waterbirth.jpg

#9 of 48 Old 12-07-2011, 10:52 AM
Administrator

Just a reminder - if you donate - Please make sure you note that this donation is for Holiday Helpers.  We need to have that attached to your donation so we can track it.

Thank you!!

winner.jpg Adina knit.gifmama to B hearts.gif 4/06  and E baby.gif  8/13/12 (on her due date!) homebirth.jpg waterbirth.jpg

#10 of 48 Old 12-07-2011, 05:56 PM

That's awesome. I'm so glad I was able to help two families with gift cards instead of just one. 

Jen, journalist, policy wonk, and formerly a proud single mama to my sweet little man Cyrus, born at home Dec. 2007 . Now married to my Incredibly Nice Guy and new mama to baby Arthur.
#11 of 48 Old 12-07-2011, 06:40 PM

Also, can we specify which gift card to get the family, if we want to do something like Amazon or a specific grocery store or something?

Jen, journalist, policy wonk, and formerly a proud single mama to my sweet little man Cyrus, born at home Dec. 2007 . Now married to my Incredibly Nice Guy and new mama to baby Arthur.
#12 of 48 Old 12-09-2011, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdinaL View Post

Just a reminder - if you donate - Please make sure you note that this donation is for Holiday Helpers.  We need to have that attached to your donation so we can track it.

Thank you!!

That's important so I wanted to make sure everyone reads it!

Independent Consultant- Thirty One Gifts www.mythirtyone.com/ShopLiz

Origami Owl http://lizcioci.origamiowl.com

#13 of 48 Old 12-12-2011, 07:34 AM

Please take up this wonderful opportunity.   If you donate $25 dollars Hylands will donate $25.   The  HH administrators then can buy a $50 gift card for a FIN!   Show Hylands how much we take care of our families here at MDC and how much we love Hylands.   Your donation will go far!!!!!!

#14 of 48 Old 12-12-2011, 03:55 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)

Is the ticker updating? It would be great to see how we are doing so far! thanks to all who have donated!

hh2.gif Head over to the Holiday Helper forum and be a part of this wonderful Mothering tradition! joy.gif

Wondering about Mothering in general? Check out Mothering's User Agreement! smile.gif

#15 of 48 Old 12-12-2011, 03:59 PM
Administrator

I am manually updating. :)  I haven't gotten an update yet this week.  When I do I will update. :)

#16 of 48 Old 12-12-2011, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdinaL View Post

I am manually updating. :)  I haven't gotten an update yet this week.  When I do I will update. :)

Thanks AdinaL! It will so cool to see how we're doing! :-)

hh2.gif Head over to the Holiday Helper forum and be a part of this wonderful Mothering tradition! joy.gif

Wondering about Mothering in general? Check out Mothering's User Agreement! smile.gif

#17 of 48 Old 12-13-2011, 09:52 AM

Trying to figure out the details--so if I go to PayPal and select "Send Money", I put accounting@huddler-inc.com into the email, make sure I'm on the "Purchase" tab, right? and then do I select "Services" as the option (or "Goods")?  I plan to put a note in the next section that it's for MDC Holiday Helpers and the # of a local FIN...is that correct?  Thanks for any info, just get kind of confused with the PayPal details sometimes!

Unschooling mama alongside DH (05/01) to DD (5/05).  Expecting #2 spring 2012!

#18 of 48 Old 12-13-2011, 10:01 AM
Administrator

I think you could do the Personal tab, and send it as a gift? That might be the most accurate description, since you are really purchasing goods or services.

Otherwise, that's exactly right. :)

#19 of 48 Old 12-13-2011, 10:02 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by *MamaJen* View Post

Also, can we specify which gift card to get the family, if we want to do something like Amazon or a specific grocery store or something?

Yes you can, as long as it is a place that I - as someone in the US - can purchase a gift card for then it should be no problem. :)

#20 of 48 Old 12-13-2011, 10:09 AM

Thanks for the info--I used the Personal/Gift tab/option in PayPal!  Thanks for organizing this!

Unschooling mama alongside DH (05/01) to DD (5/05).  Expecting #2 spring 2012!

#21 of 48 Old 12-13-2011, 11:17 AM
Administrator

Ticker updated!!! :)  (Note: Ticker only reflects our donations, not Hyland's matching. :) )

#22 of 48 Old 12-13-2011, 01:42 PM

This is so awesome!

Courtney and Cree, baby made 3, added one more then there were 4, sakes alive, then we had 5, another in the mix now we have 6!

A Momma in love with her Little Women-Jewel Face, Jo Jo Bean, June Bug, and Sweet Coraline.

#23 of 48 Old 12-13-2011, 05:08 PM

This is so great!!!!!!!! :-)

#24 of 48 Old 12-13-2011, 05:36 PM

$437.50 raised by our members!!  $875.00 with the matching Hyland's donations!!  Whoohoo! 

#25 of 48 Old 12-14-2011, 07:13 AM

Okay, now is the time.   It is 12/14...the goal is to get to $1000 donated which Hyland will match.  We are right now around $475.  We can do it..

First of all---what is in your paypal account right now?   Do you have a spare $10 or $20 dollars or $7 or $5 or whatever in it?   Send it right now to Hylands and they will double it.

accounting@huddler-inc.com

What about your sister or  your super duper best friend?  Can you ask them to send $10 or $20 to Hylands?  You talk on the phone and text them all the time already.  They will be game on...just ask them.    If you need inspiration send them the link to the Thank yous.     But seriously, if they are your good friend or family, they will clear out their paypal of the misc.    Or get specific, find a FIN and copy her story and then send it to your friend.   What if you give $25 your friend gives $25 and put that FIN number on your email to Hylands.   You and your friend will have given the family $100 with Hyland's help so that they can buy groceries or warm clothes or something that they need. 

Let's get that ticker to $1000.  

I hate to see such a great opportunity slip through our fingers!  

I love Hylands

Tracy

#26 of 48 Old 12-14-2011, 10:18 AM
Administrator

THanks Tracy!!! :)

#27 of 48 Old 12-15-2011, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracy View Post

Okay, now is the time.   It is 12/14...the goal is to get to $1000 donated which Hyland will match.  We are right now around $475.  We can do it..

First of all---what is in your paypal account right now?   Do you have a spare $10 or $20 dollars or $7 or $5 or whatever in it?   Send it right now to Hylands and they will double it.

accounting@huddler-inc.com

What about your sister or  your super duper best friend?  Can you ask them to send $10 or $20 to Hylands?  You talk on the phone and text them all the time already.  They will be game on...just ask them.    If you need inspiration send them the link to the Thank yous.     But seriously, if they are your good friend or family, they will clear out their paypal of the misc.    Or get specific, find a FIN and copy her story and then send it to your friend.   What if you give $25 your friend gives $25 and put that FIN number on your email to Hylands.   You and your friend will have given the family $100 with Hyland's help so that they can buy groceries or warm clothes or something that they need. 

Let's get that ticker to $1000.  

I hate to see such a great opportunity slip through our fingers!  

I love Hylands

Tracy

love.gif

#28 of 48 Old 12-16-2011, 06:25 AM

Add another $50 ($100 when matched) to the total!

He who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe is as good as dead; his eyes are closed.  ~Albert Einstein
#29 of 48 Old 12-16-2011, 06:55 AM

$30 to go to FIN#6, $25 for gift card to be doubled and $5.00 to be doubled and go towards one of their needs!!! yay for my IRL friends and their generous spirit!

Courtney and Cree, baby made 3, added one more then there were 4, sakes alive, then we had 5, another in the mix now we have 6!

A Momma in love with her Little Women-Jewel Face, Jo Jo Bean, June Bug, and Sweet Coraline.

#30 of 48 Old 12-16-2011, 08:03 AM

Had $5.92 "extra" sitting in my Paypal account. Thanks for matching it Hyland's! I hope Holiday Helpers reaches their goal.s

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page