FIN #31, OH - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 1 Old 11-02-2011, 01:35 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
FIN #31, OH

Please contact HappyHappyMommy if you have things for this family.

Family situation:
We are a family of 5 and have had a rough past couple of years, we moved from our home town to be closer to family and hoping there would be better job opportunities only to find that is not the case. My husband has had 6 temporary jobs just in the past year, he is never hired on and sometimes we go weeks in between jobs without pay. I work 30 hours a week, but only minimum wage, which doesn't keep us afloat. DH has been so depressed by all of this feeling like he can't provide all that he should. DH finally found a job that was permanent, barely making money, but it was at least for sure, then while riding as a passanger in the company vehicle was in a bad accident. He was rushed to the hospital and as a result has severe back pain. We have been blessed in that it could have been so much worse. He was off of work for quite some time with that as well. So we are approaching the holidays, barely able to pay our bills, mostly needing to rob peter to pay paul so to speak to juggle our shut off notices. I want to be able to make the kids' christmas better then I could at this time, and also to ease the pain in my DH's heart from the feeling of failure. My kids' have been learning to go without and have learned many life long lessons and are very appreciative, which is hard to come by these days in most children. I want to be able to wow them just a little bit to restore their faith in the magic of christmas and the gift of sharing.
We celebrate Christmas
Allergies: Cats and smoke

Child #1: Age and gender: 8 DD
Items requested:
1. Barbie's
Barbie collection.
2. boots, high style any color size 13 to wear with her dresses and jeans.

Child #2: Age and gender: 9 DS
Items requested:
1. Lego sets
2.long sleeve shirts size 10/12

Child #3: Age and gender: 12 DS
Items requested:
1. Itunes Card
2. Body sprays, smelly boy stuff.... deodorant. He is coming of age, and wants to smell nice...LOL

Adult #1: Age and gender: 32
Mom Items requested:
1. Candles
2. Socks knee highs or ankle sports socks I wear a size 6 1/2 shoe. Workout clothes size XL petite if pants.

Adult #2 Age and gender: 32
Dad Items requested:
1. Work Socks Heavy duty kind black or dark color he wears a size 11 shoe
2. Itunes Card

Godfather DVD collection
variety of chapter books

Needs for our family:
Gift Card to Target
Gift Card to Walmart
Gift Card to Children's place
Gift Card to Amazon

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page