FIN #33, CA - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 1 Old 11-02-2011, 01:41 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
FIN #33, CA

Please contact TracyMom1 if you have things for this family.

What is your family situation?

Dh is in Nursing school and working PT as a CNA. I am a homeschool mom with 2 dds. We were blessed with a surprise pregnancy and I am due in January. We moved a couple of months ago and there have been so many extra expenses and several large unexpected bills. We have no savings left and are barely scraping by each month. We have had to rack up debt and take out an emergency loan to make it through the semester and we still have 1 left to go. We used all of our available student loan money to pay for our midwives fees before all this stuff happened.
Any allergies or sensitivities in the family? (e.g. cat, dog, smoke)

Which holiday(s) does your family celebrate? Faith based Christmas

Please list up to 2 items per person in your family and up to 2 items for your family as a whole below. (If you are requesting gift cards, please specify local or online stores that, if money is available, gift cards can be provided that you can conveniently use.)

Of the items requested below, please prioritize the top 3 overall needs of your family (this can not include direct financial help such as bills paid):
*We moved to a place that gets a lot of snow and have no snow gear for our dds or myself. Snow pants and boots for the girls are vital.
*Clothes for my dds
*Firewood

Children:

Pregnancy
due date: January 2012
Items requested:

1.Newborn gowns
2.Newborn wrap covers and Infant sized prefolds
5 slightly irregular newborn covers that works perfect but doesn’t look perfect.

Child #1:
Age and gender: 7 year old female

Items requested:
1.Clothing: ESPECIALLY a snow pants and snow boots. Size 6 or 7 in clothing, size 13 in shoes. She loves bright colors and a lot of hot pink, very girlie.
2. Stocking stuffers, they both have asked for mermaid doll that can really swim (like a barbie or something). Anything fun will do like craft stuff, hand made toys, trinkets or jewlery. Or some chapter books, she reads a ton and especially love the children's illustrated classics.

Child #2:
Age and gender: 4 year old female

Items requested:
1. Clothing: ESPECIALLY a snow pants and snow boots. Size 5 or 6 in clothing, size 12 in shoes(pair of suede boots). She loves bright colors and a lot of hot pink, very girlie.
2. Stocking stuffers, they both have asked for mermaid doll that can really swim (like a barbie or something). Anything fun will do like craft stuff, hand made toys, trinkets or jewlery.

Adult #1 (YOU! ):

Items requested:
1. I wear size 9 shoes and could really use some no heel boots for day use and a pair of snow boots. I could also use a pair of snow pants.
Maternity clothes. Size L, short length full panel maternity jeans, M maternity shirts, a jacket would be awesome.
2 pairs of size 14 full panel jeans, 1 M maternity shirt and 1 maternity shirt

Nursing Shirts for the MIN

These are from "QuirkyBaby"

2. Wool yarn, a skein or two can get me some longies for the baby or hats and mittens for the girls. I have also been hoping to knit a sweater for each of my girls and a white one for the new baby. The Baby one would only take one skein of about 220 yards of worsted weight yarn, something soft like Malabrigo worsted maybe for that soft newborn skin smile.gif. Dd1 has asked for a pullover sweater and that would take about 800 yards of worsted weight wool. She loves bright colors, even skeins of different colors that I could stripe together would be fun. Dd2 has been asking for a red hooded cardigan that would take 950 yards of red worsted weight wool.
5 skeins of cranberry swirl worsted, 1 skein of Malabrigo in natural, and 1 skein of Cascade 220 in black yarn.

Adult #2:
Items requested:
1. 32x32 jeans, size M shirts. Size M Males Scrubs
2. Stocking stuffers. He is a simple natural kind of guy. Razors, candy, journal or moleskins, wool socks, basic stuff would be great. He is a drummer, he's in nursing school and he likes to do wood work.

Needs for Your Family As A Whole:

Items requested:
1. Firewood
2. GC to purchase prenatals and other supplements

$75 Visa gift card through Hyland's program for snow clothes.

Closed Thread

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page