the WAITING support thread - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 11 Old 11-30-2011, 07:17 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

am i the only one?  still no idea whether we'll get a vbac or not.  i have high hopes, but i think i am not comfortable going for it if this is another monster huge baby.

Is it getting lonely in the echo chamber yet?

#2 of 11 Old 11-30-2011, 02:46 PM

I'm 25 weeks and not sold on vbac really... I'm willing to try it if I went into spontaneous labor at 38-39 weeks, but my body has already failed one baby in going overdue and I'm not willing to wait it out... That and my last 2 babies were 9.3 and 9.10 which is big for me... So yeah, definitely undecided and leaning toward a repeat at some point here.

Mom of 7, ages 12, 11, 8, 6, 4, 3, and 18 months!grouphug.gif
#3 of 11 Old 11-30-2011, 06:55 PM

Its hard not knowing what will be right for you when the time comes--I'm 22 weeks and while I'm planning a VBAC, I know it may not work out if it is anything like my last birth.  And I'm okay with that.  My big goal for this birth is to be present for it and able to bond with baby a.s.a.p.

I hope you both have 8ish (max) lb. babies that come right on time!

#4 of 11 Old 12-01-2011, 03:47 PM

I was sold on a VBAC the minute I was in recovery with my c-section.  But my placenta is not cooperating.  I have complete placenta previa at 27 weeks...  I'm trying to hold out hope but a repeat c-section is looking very likely.  Feels very much like a waiting game to me.  I'm supposed to schedule another sonogram at 31 weeks to see if my placenta moved.  But even that may be too early.  I could end up scheduling sonograms every few weeks to see if it has moved, making me have to wait and see for the next 11 weeks.  The unknowing is making me crazy!

Partner to DH and mom to DD1 (3/2008) and DD2 (born 1/2012).
#5 of 11 Old 12-01-2011, 04:46 PM

I waited until 8 days overdue.  From 36 weeks on I tried everything to make my DS come out.  I was walking 3 hours a day and very much watching what I ate.  At 8 days overdue I went in to my OB knowing that I had no signs of labour and he checked me and confirmed that.  We scheduled the c-section the next day.  At about 6 days overdue I bawled at the thought of scheduling the c-section and in my OB's office I was also close to tears at the thought but he was very comforting.

I know that if I have any more I would wait again to 41 weeks as my problem seems to be not going into labour.

My first baby was 10 pounds 6 ounces.

My second was 9 pounds 9 ounces.

#6 of 11 Old 12-01-2011, 05:58 PM

I am planning a VBAC, but due to a condition that causes spasms and rigidity, I may be too fatigued for a VBAC when the time comes. I'm hoping and praying and doing all that I can to ensure that I'm healthy and not flaring up. All around, a VBAC would be safer. Not only because of the uterine scars, accreta, etc. but also because the condition could cause sutures to rip out if I spasm too much.

Wife to DH, mama to bikenew.gif DD (7) ribboncesarean.gif, babyf.gif DS born 3/12 ribboncesarean.gif, and have had five early losses. angel1.gif
I have Stiff Person Syndrome and my other car is a candy apple red Rascal. Feel free to ask me about it. wheelchair.gif
#7 of 11 Old 12-06-2011, 05:59 AM - Thread Starter

i had my 30 week appointment yesterday.  baby is doing fantastically well, :) but is in the 96th percentile for size/weight according to the ob's measurements.  which is around where dd was at this point too.  ob was still encouraging about the vbac - saying what he liked to see was the head engaged which made the uterus not exert so much effort to birth, but greensad.gif

it's such a hard place to be in.  ina may says to send love and focus on the positive, but having a c-birth the first time was such a disappointment, i don't want to get my hopes up.  i also want to be able to make plans.  waffle waffle waffle.

#8 of 11 Old 12-06-2011, 07:38 AM

I am 35 weeks, the baby is doing good and I do too. But I guess I have some chronic hypertension, because lately my BP readings have been higher then the norm but no signs on pre-eclampsia. In my 1st and 2nd trimester I was borderline, to normal. Now I am at my last stretch I have been 154/98 or 150/98 then ten minutes later I was 148/74. I do have white coat syndrome big time, so I am going to get a cuff tomorrow and monitor at home. Also she said I need a U/S to check on the baby twice a week.

Other then that, we're doing really good. When I had my c-section with first born son I felt like a failure, so this second time around I have been telling myself that I am not a failure, sometimes things just don't go as we would want.

Happily married to DH stillheart.gif for 11 years. Proud Mama bf.jpg of DS1 jammin.gif (10) and DS2  babyf.gif(12 m/o)

#9 of 11 Old 12-07-2011, 11:34 AM

I've had a rough week with a bleed, a triage visit and a transfer of care.  I have an OB (rather than midwives) now.  But, it sounds like my waiting has been transformed into hoping for a planned c-section rather than an emergency.  I'm trying to hold out hope for a VBAC but it feels like I'm moving out of the waiting group at this point!

#10 of 11 Old 12-07-2011, 11:41 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by parsley View Post

I've had a rough week with a bleed, a triage visit and a transfer of care.  I have an OB (rather than midwives) now.  But, it sounds like my waiting has been transformed into hoping for a planned c-section rather than an emergency.  I'm trying to hold out hope for a VBAC but it feels like I'm moving out of the waiting group at this point!

holy cow.  I hope everything's ok? 

#11 of 11 Old 12-07-2011, 11:56 AM

I *think* so.  I'm trying to get up the energy to post a full update in the DDC.  Thanks for asking!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hildare View Post

holy cow.  I hope everything's ok? 

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page