3 months after rupture and c/s, still bleeding? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 12-15-2011, 11:07 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I had my third baby and third c-section 3 months ago.  I had a utertine rupture during my VBA2C attempt, but seemed to recover fairly well.  My postpartum bleeding lasted a little over 6 weeks, but I think it lasted til around 6 weeks with my other two babies as well.  Then two months after the birth, I had some red spotting, which I thought was maybe my period returning, but it was only for a day.  I'm exclusively breastfeeding, but she does sleep through the night, so it was possible for it to be my period.  Then a week after the spotting, I started bleeding quite a bit, and was sure that was my period even though I had no cramping or anything.  Then it lasted for ELEVEN DAYS.  We had sex for the first time postpartum a couple days after that, and I started bleeding again, though not heavy, mostly brown.  I've spotted off and on since then, and at 3 months postpartum, am bleeding again.  It hasn't really seemed like a period, but seems way too long to still be lochia.

Is this normal?  Should I call my OB?  Could it be from the rupture?  Retained placenta? 

Robyn - In stillheart.gif with Tyson, Gothy Mama to fairy.gif Jasmyn (March 12 2003), jammin.gifGrayson (August 2 2005), my angel3.gif Aurora Hope (m/c Nov 10 2010), and baby.gif Sydney Rayne (September 17 2011)     ribboncesarean.gifx3

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 5 Old 12-16-2011, 07:12 PM

I would be calling either my family doc or my ob/gyn to discuss if they wanted me to come in for a visit & exam.  

treehugger.gifAnd you who seek to know Me, know that the seeking and yearning will avail you not, unless you know the Mystery: for if that which you seek, you find not within yourself, you will never find it without.treehugger.gif

#3 of 5 Old 12-17-2011, 05:28 PM

Hi mama!  Just chiming in to say I second ktg's recommendation.  I am sorry you are dealing with this.  I do not think what you are experiencing sounds typical.  I am definitely one to get something checked out instead of worrying about it.  It may be something very minor and explainable, and hopefully is!

Good luck!

sleepytime.gif I got tired of my signature, but I still love my children and husband and miss my little brotherkid.gif

#4 of 5 Old 01-04-2012, 02:51 PM

I had a uterine rupture years ago and I believe I bled normally. but if you feel as though something is not right, definitely call your doctor for an exam.

Kylin 10/14/2002

Aja 8/13/2004

Evie 3/11/2010

2 angels in Heaven (Alexis & Bryson)

Currently NTNP for baby #4 dust.gif

#5 of 5 Old 01-04-2012, 04:56 PM

I also had a uterine rupture that led to my 1st c-section and had discomfort in the areas where I felt my rupture was (it was at the top of my uterus in 2 places) but no abnormal bleeding.  It's very common to have weird bleeding after a baby and maybe even more since it's your 3rd.  I called my OB when ever I felt like there was a problem or potential.  Call, they may want to see you, just to make sure it's nothing ... kwim?

good luck mama and I'm glad your little one made a safe entrance!!!

Tenk ~ happily married with lots of kids

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page