Preparing your body for another pregnancy and c-section - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 02-15-2012, 01:19 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

After much consideration, discussion and prayer DH and I have decided that we will probably start trying to get pregnant about 9 mos. to a year from now.  We have a 3.5 y/o and 1.5 y/o who were both c/s after laboring and 3 hour of pushing, sections because of their heart deceleration.  So this would be my 3rd pregnancy and section, I will not be trying for a VBAC this time. 

I want my body to be as prepared, healthy and strong as is possible.  Other than the obvious of  good diet and exercise are there certain herbs or nutrients that can build our bodies and strengthen the uterus?  I am only thinking of RRL and am drawing a blank on what else. 

Any other ideas?

Becky- Wife to DH, Mama to "Nani" (July '08) "Coco" (July '10) and expecting one very wiggly baby boy in May 2013!

#2 of 6 Old 02-15-2012, 04:24 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
RRL is a good main one. Fish oils, Floradix, and massaging your scar.

hearts.gifhearts.gifhearts.gifhearts.gifhearts.gif A house full of girls, but for dad and one brother bikenew.gif
"Be careful how you speak to your children. One day it will become their inner voice." ~ Peggy O' Mara
Cloth diapering, babywearing and co-sleeping has been a way of life for almost a decade now partners.gif
#3 of 6 Old 02-22-2012, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryLang View Post

...massaging your scar.

What kind of massage? I might need to do this myself.

DS ( 9/2010) and TTC #2 fingersx.gif

#4 of 6 Old 02-22-2012, 09:22 PM - Thread Starter

A fairly deep massage to break up scar tissue from what I understand.  I know I need to do it but I can't bring myself to.  Touching the scar makes me sooooo uncomfortable.

Becky- Wife to DH, Mama to "Nani" (July '08) "Coco" (July '10) and expecting one very wiggly baby boy in May 2013!

#5 of 6 Old 02-27-2012, 08:14 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Well, I would definitely start off gently. The way I was taught was to take some good oil, I like sesame, and massage from each end of the scar. Sort of more with the side of you thumb, just up and down all the way until you get to the middle. I usually do this after showers, when I have time. You know those twinge and pulling feelings you get along the scar? Especially when your pregnant again? It helps sooooo much with that. I can really tell when I haven't massaged in a while.

CoBabyMaker likes this.

hearts.gifhearts.gifhearts.gifhearts.gifhearts.gif A house full of girls, but for dad and one brother bikenew.gif
"Be careful how you speak to your children. One day it will become their inner voice." ~ Peggy O' Mara
Cloth diapering, babywearing and co-sleeping has been a way of life for almost a decade now partners.gif
#6 of 6 Old 02-28-2012, 11:03 AM

The massage does seem like a good idea, but I am having a hard time doing it. I guess I just need to suck it up and try it. *blah*

DS ( 9/2010) and TTC #2 fingersx.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page