C-Section pain with my 2nd pregnancy - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 02-23-2012, 05:17 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I am 27 wks pregnant with my 2nd, my 1st was delivered via C/S over 10years ago, and for the last week or so I've been experiencing stabbing pain on the right side of my scar, sometimes there is no pain and other times it just throbs and my favourite when it feels like it is being pried apart, has anyone had this happen and if so what helped you. I went to the hospital and after many hours they still had no answers except to keep giving me pain killer, I'm really after a successful VBAC and not only do I want to make sure I can still @ least attempt this but stopping the pain for the next 13 weeks would be great to..

#2 of 3 Old 03-01-2012, 08:06 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Scar massage will help. Yes, I get that prying apart feeling too!
I just copied this from my other post:
Well, I would definitely start off gently. The way I was taught was to take some good oil, I like sesame, and massage from each end of the scar. Sort of more with the side of you thumb, just up and down all the way until you get to the middle. I usually do this after showers, when I have time. You know those twinge and pulling feelings you get along the scar? Especially when your pregnant again? It helps sooooo much with that. I can really tell when I haven't massaged in a while.

Hope this helps.

hearts.gifhearts.gifhearts.gifhearts.gifhearts.gif A house full of girls, but for dad and one brother bikenew.gif
"Be careful how you speak to your children. One day it will become their inner voice." ~ Peggy O' Mara
Cloth diapering, babywearing and co-sleeping has been a way of life for almost a decade now partners.gif
#3 of 3 Old 03-02-2012, 05:29 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I have not experienced this personally but I mentioned to my midwife that my friend was having this problem. She recommended that my friend take lecithin to help with the scar healing/flexibility. I can't remember what dose she recommended tho - maybe someone else knows about this supplement??

Kendra (30),  mum to ds fly-by-nursing1.gif(2/14/11), and one angel1.gif. Pregnant with my rainbow1284.gif due 6/10/13, it's a GIRL!!!
 novaxnocirc.gif familybed1.gifcd.gifhomebirth.jpggoorganic.jpg

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page