If you had to, when would you book an ERCS? - Mothering Forums

View Poll Results: If you had to, when would you book an ERCS?
38+ weeks 0 0%
39+ weeks 7 38.89%
40+ weeks 5 27.78%
41+ weeks 2 11.11%
42+ weeks 3 16.67%
43+ weeks 1 5.56%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Forum Jump: 
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-28-2012, 05:45 PM - Thread Starter
 
JoyFilled's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Canada
Posts: 446
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

When I went in to see the OB for a consult for my VBAC at 34 weeks I was given sheets to sign with 3 options:

 

1. C-section at 39 weeks.

2. C-section if no labour by ____ weeks.

3.  VBAC

 

And there was a list of potential risks with all the options.  I picked the 3rd option, although it didn't happen and ended up with #2 at 41.5 weeks.

 

Thoughts?

 

 

JoyFilled is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 03-28-2012, 05:50 PM
 
Bokonon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: San Diego
Posts: 2,948
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

That's great that you are getting several options!

 

My OB scheduled my ERCS for 39 weeks because I had severe pre-e at 32 weeks with my first, so my chance of recurrence was too high for either of us to be comfortable with going past 39 weeks (and I was 100% positive on dates).  I only got to 34 weeks before I needed to deliver anyway.  In an ideal world, I would have loved to have my c/s at 40 or 41 weeks with no signs of pre-e, but the risks were too great for me to stomach (as well as the risks of VBAC, which I know are less than with c-sections, but after complications with my first pregnancy, I was more comfortable choosing one set of risks over the other).


A, jammin.gif mama to a boy (2005) and a girl (2009)
Bokonon is offline  
Old 03-29-2012, 11:01 AM
 
happyblessedmama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Anchorage, AK
Posts: 630
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I had mine at 40+1

Mom of 7, ages 13, 12, 9, 7, 5, 4, and 2.5!
happyblessedmama is offline  
Old 03-31-2012, 09:33 PM
 
MaryLang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Michigan
Posts: 2,606
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Interesting thread. My only two electives were39wks and 39 wk3days. With this one there is already a scheduling conflict that may send me to 40.3 or 4 days and I'm a little nervous. I live 2 hrs from the hospital and this being my 6th c/s I would worry about going into labor so far away. My doctor doesn't seem too worried because my first two that I labored with went to 41wks.


hearts.gifhearts.gifhearts.gifhearts.gifhearts.gif A house full of girls, but for dad and one brother bikenew.gif
"Be careful how you speak to your children. One day it will become their inner voice." ~ Peggy O' Mara
Cloth diapering, babywearing and co-sleeping has been a way of life for almost a decade now partners.gif
MaryLang is online now  
Old 04-05-2012, 09:53 AM
 
TheDivineMrsM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 885
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Most OBs in my area book repeat C's at 39 weeks. 


Do not go gentle into that good night. Rage, rage against the dying of the light. ~Dylan Thomas

 

<3 LBM <3 AHM <3

TheDivineMrsM is offline  
Old 04-11-2012, 07:57 AM
 
AlexisT's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Central PA
Posts: 2,208
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I booked at 39. MoD campaign is "not before 39" so repeats should not be booked before that absent medical indication. My OB would have been comfortable with me booking anywhere from 39 to 40. I had high blood pressure and a history of severe preeclampsia so going too far was looking dicey.


DD 01/2007, DS 09/2011

AlexisT is offline  
Old 04-11-2012, 06:39 PM
 
justKate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Gloucester Point, VA
Posts: 3,551
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoyFilled View Post

When I went in to see the OB for a consult for my VBAC at 34 weeks I was given sheets to sign with 3 options:

 

1. C-section at 39 weeks.

2. C-section if no labour by ____ weeks.

3.  VBAC


Here's where I am.  I've chosen #3--but am scheduled for a gentle induction at 41+6 if no labor by then.  I'm 40+5 today.  If I had chosen a c/s over the induction, I would have scheduled it for 42 weeks, baring any complications like the PPs mentioned.


justKate is offline  
Old 04-12-2012, 08:22 PM
 
alittlesandy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 598
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Mine has been scheduled for 39 weeks, but I'm not trying for a VBAC. If I had, I would have waited until 40-42 weeks. However, I'm a little more nervous about stillbirth this time around because of AMA and previous losses, so I will be so happy to get this baby out, lol.


Sandy (41), Mama to Oscar (Feb 2009) and Aria (April 2012), infertility and miscarriage survivor brokenheart.gif 11/25/10 and brokenheart.gif 6/22/11.

alittlesandy is offline  
 
User Tag List

Thread Tools


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off