If you had to, when would you book an ERCS? - Mothering Forums
View Poll Results: If you had to, when would you book an ERCS?
38+ weeks 0 0%
39+ weeks 7 38.89%
40+ weeks 5 27.78%
41+ weeks 2 11.11%
42+ weeks 3 16.67%
43+ weeks 1 5.56%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 03-28-2012, 04:45 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

When I went in to see the OB for a consult for my VBAC at 34 weeks I was given sheets to sign with 3 options:

1. C-section at 39 weeks.

2. C-section if no labour by ____ weeks.

3.  VBAC

And there was a list of potential risks with all the options.  I picked the 3rd option, although it didn't happen and ended up with #2 at 41.5 weeks.

Thoughts?

#2 of 8 Old 03-28-2012, 04:50 PM

That's great that you are getting several options!

My OB scheduled my ERCS for 39 weeks because I had severe pre-e at 32 weeks with my first, so my chance of recurrence was too high for either of us to be comfortable with going past 39 weeks (and I was 100% positive on dates).  I only got to 34 weeks before I needed to deliver anyway.  In an ideal world, I would have loved to have my c/s at 40 or 41 weeks with no signs of pre-e, but the risks were too great for me to stomach (as well as the risks of VBAC, which I know are less than with c-sections, but after complications with my first pregnancy, I was more comfortable choosing one set of risks over the other).

A, jammin.gif mama to a boy (2005) and a girl (2009)
#3 of 8 Old 03-29-2012, 10:01 AM

I had mine at 40+1

Mom of 7, ages 12, 11, 8, 6, 4, 3, and 18 months!grouphug.gif
#4 of 8 Old 03-31-2012, 08:33 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Interesting thread. My only two electives were39wks and 39 wk3days. With this one there is already a scheduling conflict that may send me to 40.3 or 4 days and I'm a little nervous. I live 2 hrs from the hospital and this being my 6th c/s I would worry about going into labor so far away. My doctor doesn't seem too worried because my first two that I labored with went to 41wks.

hearts.gifhearts.gifhearts.gifhearts.gifhearts.gif A house full of girls, but for dad and one brother bikenew.gif
"Be careful how you speak to your children. One day it will become their inner voice." ~ Peggy O' Mara
Cloth diapering, babywearing and co-sleeping has been a way of life for almost a decade now partners.gif
#5 of 8 Old 04-05-2012, 08:53 AM

Most OBs in my area book repeat C's at 39 weeks. 

Do not go gentle into that good night. Rage, rage against the dying of the light. ~Dylan Thomas

<3 LBM <3 AHM <3

#6 of 8 Old 04-11-2012, 06:57 AM

I booked at 39. MoD campaign is "not before 39" so repeats should not be booked before that absent medical indication. My OB would have been comfortable with me booking anywhere from 39 to 40. I had high blood pressure and a history of severe preeclampsia so going too far was looking dicey.

DD 01/2007, DS 09/2011

#7 of 8 Old 04-11-2012, 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoyFilled View Post

When I went in to see the OB for a consult for my VBAC at 34 weeks I was given sheets to sign with 3 options:

1. C-section at 39 weeks.

2. C-section if no labour by ____ weeks.

3.  VBAC

Here's where I am.  I've chosen #3--but am scheduled for a gentle induction at 41+6 if no labor by then.  I'm 40+5 today.  If I had chosen a c/s over the induction, I would have scheduled it for 42 weeks, baring any complications like the PPs mentioned.

#8 of 8 Old 04-12-2012, 07:22 PM

Mine has been scheduled for 39 weeks, but I'm not trying for a VBAC. If I had, I would have waited until 40-42 weeks. However, I'm a little more nervous about stillbirth this time around because of AMA and previous losses, so I will be so happy to get this baby out, lol.

Sandy (41), Mama to Oscar (Feb 2009) and Aria (April 2012), infertility and miscarriage survivor brokenheart.gif 11/25/10 and brokenheart.gif 6/22/11.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page