Scheduled for next Wed. and hoping to stay calm this time. - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 06-19-2012, 08:31 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Well, I'm scheduled for the 27th (39wks) with #6. 6th c/s and I get so nervous the day before. I'm almost wishing I'd done hypnosis or something this time. I go through cycles of anxiety and panic attacks, and I've been fine for a good long time. But always the night before I go in, I start panicking. I spend the night throwing up and then get dehydrated, which doesn't make it very easy for them to get their needles and IV's in. I don't know what it is, once they get the spinal in, I'm fine and usually joking. For some reason, just the thought of going in and all the time spent in pre-op, just sitting there waiting. They'll get the IV's in, get me my meds, and strap me to the monitor and I just lay there waiting. Weird, it seems that it really is the waiting that gets me working up. I hope I can chill out this time. I can't wait to meet our newest daughter, but I am already thinking about the night before too much.

hearts.gifhearts.gifhearts.gifhearts.gifhearts.gif A house full of girls, but for dad and one brother bikenew.gif
"Be careful how you speak to your children. One day it will become their inner voice." ~ Peggy O' Mara
Cloth diapering, babywearing and co-sleeping has been a way of life for almost a decade now partners.gif
#2 of 6 Old 06-20-2012, 08:04 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

good luck and i hope your birth goes well.  are you making any small plans for the time that you'll spend waiting that might help you get through the nervousness?  like maybe a really good video to plan to watch or something to listen to?

Is it getting lonely in the echo chamber yet?

#3 of 6 Old 06-20-2012, 10:35 AM

Good Luck to you Mary.. I have followed you on and off for years *waves from another detroiter*.  You always have the sweetest kindest, smile.   take care!

Former Special Ed Teacher  now SAHM mamma to 2 girls autismribbon.gif(4/06) and thumbsuck.gif (5/08) EBF via donor milk. Wife DH : Fur mamma to 2 pugs and 1 grey kitty - its a zoo around here!  pos.gif Feb 2013..Will you help feed our new blessing?winner.jpg

#4 of 6 Old 06-25-2012, 11:04 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks for the well wishes. I've got two days left! I should fill an ipod eh? Thanks Michelle, you're too kind :) I remember you always happy and bubbly even with any challenges. Those coffee night times were fun. Good luck on your new little joy your growing.
I've been waking up pretty sick, so that's been helping the anxiety a bit. It's making me feel like I just want to meet her already and cuddle and not be sick, lol!

hearts.gifhearts.gifhearts.gifhearts.gifhearts.gif A house full of girls, but for dad and one brother bikenew.gif
"Be careful how you speak to your children. One day it will become their inner voice." ~ Peggy O' Mara
Cloth diapering, babywearing and co-sleeping has been a way of life for almost a decade now partners.gif
#5 of 6 Old 06-27-2012, 08:41 AM

thinking of you today - hope it is a beautiful day for you & your family!

Is it getting lonely in the echo chamber yet?

#6 of 6 Old 07-02-2012, 05:20 PM - Thread Starter

UPDATE: Thanks hildare! It was actually one of the easiest so far. I drank a ton of water before I got cut down to 2 cups between 12 am-6am, at which point I was cut off. I still threw that up by 6, but I was much more hydrated still when I went in. I didn't have any full panic attacks at all, just nervous.

Everything went smooth, I hope the recovery continues this way :) She was born at @ 2:04 and weighed 8.7 and is doing awesome! The surgery went well, although I did have another blood pressure drop that made me sick feeling. They were able to control it, they anesthesiologists were great. I was up and around pretty quick. Spent two nights, couldn't wait to get out of there. Feet still swollen, my milk is just now coming in a bit better. We encapsulated the placenta so hopefully that helps soon.
Doctor gave me the clear again, he said everything looked fine if we ever wanted to add to our family.

It was overall a wonderful experience and I am amazed how deeply you can fall in love over and over. The moment I saw her little vernix covered face I just completely melted again. We are so happy to have our little Patsy Anne home and everyone is adjusting just fine <3

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page