Repeat csections - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 10-29-2012, 10:37 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am having a repeat csection with this baby, and I am okay with that (espcially as my doctor said that unless there is unforseen complications, they will do skin to skin contact as soon as the baby is born, and I will be able to hold the baby as well.) What I was wondering was, how did you react to it? Was your recovery different the second (or more) time around?

dust.gif Mother to two beautiful daughters (6, and a newborn) dust.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 7 Old 10-30-2012, 12:48 PM

My recovery was about the same.  I had more back pain and I think it was because I lifted my head while they were doing the spinal.

I found laying there wide awake talking about everyday things was a bit of a disconnect from what was actually happening.  Laying in recovery and chatting with the nurse while my baby was else where was also strange.

#3 of 7 Old 10-30-2012, 02:26 PM

Hello :) I had a repeat csection with my son in March. My recovery seemed better than the first time around. I think thats because I was well rested and not in labor for 28 hours before the CS. I had the spinal and felt it was easier coming off of that versus the epidural. I knew what to expect so that was better too. I got to see baby a few minutes after he came out and my hubby brought him to me <3 the anestigiologist took some family pictures for us. :) Then the nurse took hubby and baby to my recovery room and waited for me. As soon as I was closed they brought me to my family and we had skin to skin. My son latched on and didnt let go until time to leave the hospital :) All in all it was a good experience. I hope all goes well and smooth for you. Best wishes ~Brue

#4 of 7 Old 11-04-2012, 09:05 PM

My second c-section was also much easier than my first overall.  I was an HBAC transfer for my repeat but my time laboring was MUCH shorter and I didn't have a bunch of drugs that had been in me for hours during labor.  I felt much more present and was able to hold my baby in recovery whereas with my first it was HOURS before I was cognizant enough to hold her.  My pain overall during recovery was also much less. 

I will be having my first scheduled c-section in May so I am curious how that will compare.

Becky- Wife to DH, Mama to "Nani" (July '08) "Coco" (July '10) and expecting one very wiggly baby boy in May 2013!

#5 of 7 Old 11-06-2012, 07:25 AM - Thread Starter

Thank you ladies. Most I have talked to said the second time is easier for them as well. I am glad to know what to expect going into this.

dust.gif Mother to two beautiful daughters (6, and a newborn) dust.gif
#6 of 7 Old 01-18-2013, 01:30 PM

Like others have said, my second was much easier!  (Also due to not having been in labor for 27 hours before, I am sure.) They also brought my son to me right away for skin to skin- no problems at all!

#7 of 7 Old 02-11-2013, 06:42 PM

My second cesarean was much easier than the first. Knowing what to expect was such a blessing! I was also in a much better place emotionally.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page