Belly binding after c/s - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 01-31-2013, 12:07 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I think I've asked this before but not really gotten answers to I am going to try asking again...  After my first two births (both c/s) I've just used two bella bands for belly binding but I am hoping to get something more this time.  I know you can use a long cloth but I don't have anyone to help me wrap it-DH would not be comfortable doing it.  I'd like to get one with more structure but it seems like they all hit RIGHT at the incision.  That sounds like torture to me!  Has anyone tried a binder post c-section and can you share how it felt.  I am just really terrified of it rubbing too near the incision as mine is typically QUITE sensitive.  (I had to get all new, higher waisted pants when DD2 was a year and a half because my old pants fit but were too near my incision.)  Is there one that goes down low enough to be well below the incision but has enough give that I can comfortably sit?  Thanks!

Becky- Wife to DH, Mama to "Nani" (July '08) "Coco" (July '10) and expecting one very wiggly baby boy in May 2013!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 4 Old 01-31-2013, 06:13 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Hi! Are you looking for an overall belly binding device, or do you have diastasis recti? I am almost 3 years out of my second c-section (and last), and I have diastasis recti. I still look 5 months pregnant.greensad.gif Anyway, I soon will be ordering a belly binding splint for this specific problem. Not sure if it can be used right after surgery, or that it may be something that you were thinking of. Check it out anyway... http://diastasisrehab.com/.

Newly married 10/2013 to DH superhero.gifSAHM to DD 2007  dust.gif and DS 2010  bouncy.gif  homeschool.gifselectivevax.gifdelayedvax.gifnocirc.gifhamster.jpg
#3 of 4 Old 01-31-2013, 08:10 AM

I swear by the binder for post c/s.  The hospital where I delivered provided them.  I don't have a specific brand rec., but would suggest just doing a search for "abdominal binder" and choosing the biggest, ugliest, sturdy-ist one you can find.  Mine was white and not cute at all, but MUCH more support than the bella band.  I had a classical incision, so I guess rubbing might be more of a concern with a bikini cut, but the nurses helped me put a pad over the incision before putting the binder on, and that cut down on any friction.

Blogging at http://chronicladybug.blogspot.com

#4 of 4 Old 08-20-2013, 08:26 PM

I didn't have one with my first two, but I plan to get one this time. I have diastasis recti. I did not have a protruding stomach (before getting pregnant), but I lacked core strength and could feel the separation with my fingers. It was about two inches wide. I'm hoping to heal it this time. 

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page