Cesarean after inguinal hernia repair - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 04-14-2013, 11:38 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hello Mamas!

I'm wondering if anyone has had a cesarean after having a hernia repair done.  Two years ago I had an inguinal hernia repair with mesh.  I will soon have another inguinal hernia repair.  I would love to hear any stories.

I'm currently not pregnant, but am hoping to be in the next year.

Married Mama to two girls, A (4/06) and I (9/09).

#2 of 4 Old 04-17-2013, 10:48 PM - Thread Starter

Has anyone had a cesarean after having mesh put in for a hernia repair?

I know I will end up asking my Dr. these questions.  Just thought I'd check in and see if anyone else has been through this.

#3 of 4 Old 08-12-2013, 10:30 PM

Yes! I had the hernia repair in 2003 and had a c-section in 2011. It didn't seem to be an issue to the doctor, but I think I always have noticed a little tightness in the area of the repair.

On that same side, I had my left ovary removed (or what was left of it after a cyst ate it) in 2009. That certainly didn't help the tightness.

I also seem to have breech babies because of a heart-shaped uterus and they like their heads up high in the right side of the uterus. I don't know if the surgeries on the left side have anything to do with that.

I think the hernia repair is the most minor of my issues.

#4 of 4 Old 08-13-2013, 05:18 PM - Thread Starter

danube, thank you so much for your reply!  I really appreciate you taking the time to share your story.  I'm sorry that you went through all of that. I hope you're doing well.

Quote:

Originally Posted by danube View Post

Yes! I had the hernia repair in 2003 and had a c-section in 2011. It didn't seem to be an issue to the doctor, but I think I always have noticed a little tightness in the area of the repair.

On that same side, I had my left ovary removed (or what was left of it after a cyst ate it) in 2009. That certainly didn't help the tightness.

I also seem to have breech babies because of a heart-shaped uterus and they like their heads up high in the right side of the uterus. I don't know if the surgeries on the left side have anything to do with that.

I think the hernia repair is the most minor of my issues.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page