Pregnant five months postpartum... need a second c-section... any advice? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 04-15-2013, 06:28 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I've been posting here a lot the post couple days...

Found out today I am indeed officially pregnant. 4w5d due December 18th. I will plan to have a second c-section(safest for baby and I). I am scared to death to be pregnant so soon after having my DD. She will be five months old Friday. I also had an umbilical hernia repair 2/14/13 from pregnancy. This is scary... will I be considered high risk? Precautions I need to take during this pregnancy? ANY advice at all is greatly appreciated. I am very worried. We did want a second child, but did not expect to be pregnant so soon after my daughter's birth. From what I understand, it's not wise to be pregnant until at least 18 months PP with a c-section.

Really need guidance... I see my OB Thursday... but want advice and/or help now from you ladies who've experienced it before! Ugh just want this little bub to be healthy and happy. Pregnancy makes me a basket case, I freak about everything. HELP I desperately need it.uhoh3.gif

joy.gifProud to be a stay at home mommy to: Averee Morgan DOB 11/19/12energy.gif

stork-girl.gifExpecting baby #2 12/18/13belly.gif

nak.gifWe breastfeed and baby wear femalesling.GIF

#2 of 7 Old 04-18-2013, 09:03 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)

bump.gif  

How did your appointment go today?  

#3 of 7 Old 04-19-2013, 06:49 AM

Actually, the recommendation is to have 18 months between deliveries, not between first delivery and pregnancy, so you are not so far off of that recommendation. You also need to know that there have not been many studies looking at this issue and that those that have, they have found a slight increase in rupture rates for deliveries less than 18 months apart, but you still have a very high likelihood (over 97%) of having no issues with this whatsoever (and this includes if you decide to have a vaginal birth, in terms of rupture rates).

Fledgling midwife on hiatus, Wife to B, mama to C (c/s ribboncesarean.gif 12/04) and S hbac.gif (12/07), angel3.gif m/c (3/12) and expecting another bean 6/13 stork-suprise.gif.

#4 of 7 Old 04-20-2013, 07:01 AM - Thread Starter

Appointment went okay. Did get blood work the 16th and 18th. It was 227 and rose to 424 so they were pleased with that.

TOwomenwisdom, my OB did tell me I was considered high risk and their hospital won't allow for me to attempt VBAC for insurance reasons. The closest hospital to me that will allow is almost three hours away. I live in Vermont and we don't have excellent resources here. I was told, too, that it should be until my daughter is at least a year before trying to get pregnant again... so it is what it is. I am still nervous, hopefully everyone on here can help me ease my mind! 

joy.gifProud to be a stay at home mommy to: Averee Morgan DOB 11/19/12energy.gif

#5 of 7 Old 05-06-2013, 08:24 AM

Definitly be more careful, but don't worry too much. As long as your OB keeps a close eye on you, you should be fine smile.gif I hope everything goes well hun!

dust.gif Mother to two beautiful daughters (6, and a newborn) dust.gif
#6 of 7 Old 05-10-2013, 06:33 AM - Thread Starter

What??

#7 of 7 Old 05-22-2013, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by avereemorgan12 View Post

TOwomenwisdom, my OB did tell me I was considered high risk and their hospital won't allow for me to attempt VBAC for insurance reasons. The closest hospital to me that will allow is almost three hours away. I live in Vermont and we don't have excellent resources here. I was told, too, that it should be until my daughter is at least a year before trying to get pregnant again... so it is what it is. I am still nervous, hopefully everyone on here can help me ease my mind! 

That's too bad that you are considered high-risk and that they won't allow you a VBAC. Does Vermont allow midwives? and if so, are they allowed to attend VBACs? It might be good to find out if this is an option.

My children are anywhere from 16 months to 18 months apart. I had 4 c/s before doing a VBAC with my 5th. But my surgeon was pretty confident that my uterus would be able to handle another pregnancy (although I'm sure she wouldn't have recommended doing a VBAC, but we moved before I became prego with the 5th).

Wife, and mommy to 6 kiddos : ds REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, 6/7/05, emer. cs; angel1.gif 1/06; ds bikenew.gif, 12/5/06, repeat cs; dd blowkiss.gif, 4/28/08, repeat cs; ds flowersforyou.gif, 10/23/09, repeat c/s; ds guitar.gif, 3/25/11, HBA4C; dd energy.gif, 4/28/13, waterbirth.jpg2HBA4C!   IHhbac.gif & vbac.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page