8 months post c section- still look pregnant?? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 07-07-2013, 10:56 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
It is now 8 months and while I am steadily losing weight, my abdomen still looks as though I am five months pregnant. The skin is not loose and it doesn't feel like fat. It feels very firm and solid. Starting just below my boobs. I hate this! What is it??? Why is my stomach hard?? No, I am not pregnant. Yes, I'm sure. It seems like it's worse later in the day. Also my previously innie belly button is still very outie.
#2 of 7 Old 07-08-2013, 09:21 AM - Thread Starter

Bump. Anyone have a similar experience?
#3 of 7 Old 07-09-2013, 02:22 AM

Could it be that your abdominal muscles are separated? I heard that that can cause people to look like they're still pregnant, so it might be worth getting that checked out. If it is the case, there are exercises you can do to improve it.

#4 of 7 Old 07-09-2013, 05:26 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

OP, you perfectly described me except I am almost 39 months post C-section # 2. It's called diastasis recti. Your abdominal muscles haven't come back together and your belly (internal organs, etc) is protruding because of it. I haven't done anything about it yet. However, I will be buying myself a 40th birthday present in the next few weeks... http://diastasisrehab.com/ along with a gym membership. I would advise you to google diastasis recti and learn about it. Check out that website too. I am hoping for a miracle to avoid future surgery. It sucks. I still wear some of my maternity t-shirts to try and hide it. I have been mistaken for being pregnant once or twice. I use to be a tiny little thing, but this belly I have makes it look the opposite. The thing that makes me mad though is that none of my doctors (pregnancy #1 and #2) told me about this. I definitely had it after pregnancy #1, but didn't realize it at that time. Then, got pregnant again and it got worse. Finally, after maybe a year after second kid I started doing my own research and figured out what was wrong. OB's don't know anything about this and they should.

Newly married 10/2013 to DH superhero.gifSAHM to DD 2007  dust.gif and DS 2010  bouncy.gif  homeschool.gifselectivevax.gifdelayedvax.gifnocirc.gifhamster.jpg
#5 of 7 Old 07-09-2013, 05:47 AM

This is a very helpful website; http://www.befitmom.com/diastasis_recti.html as is this one; http://mutusystem.com/category/mutu-system-blog

I'm pregnant and have diastasis recti, so I've been looking into it a lot, and I found the above websites to be the most helpful.

#6 of 7 Old 07-09-2013, 05:59 AM

Oooh, I like the BeFit-Mom site. I didn't read all of it yet, but it sounds much more informative than the site I linked up thread. Thanks for sharing!!!

Newly married 10/2013 to DH superhero.gifSAHM to DD 2007  dust.gif and DS 2010  bouncy.gif  homeschool.gifselectivevax.gifdelayedvax.gifnocirc.gifhamster.jpg
#7 of 7 Old 07-09-2013, 06:04 AM

I'd much rather buy just a dvd vs a splint, dvd, etc. Price difference is almost 60 bucks. For all the research and googling I did for this condition, I never came across this site. I like it much better.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page