Mothering Forum banner

Question for Moms who've had a Cesarean

1K views 11 replies 11 participants last post by  carlyray 
#1 ·
Hi ladies -

I had an emergency cesarean 3 weeks ago (umbilical cord prolapse after 15hrs of labor). The recovery is going okay, I guess. It's hard to be positive about it because it's so much harder than a vaginal delivery recovery and I have a 2-year-old to take care of too. I've been to the OB follow-up appointments and he said the incision is healing great.

My question (if it makes sense) is: I've noticed that it seems like my stomach is "uneven." The right side is shrinking faster and appears smoother and flatter then the left side, which still has some overhanging flabby stomach pooch. Just curious... Does that sound normal?

For my previous vaginal delivery, I felt like my whole stomach shrunk down evenly so this is a little weird (but not a big enough problem that I feel like I can call the OB to ask about it without feeling silly).

Thank you!

#2 ·
Sounds normal--but perhaps someone will pop in with some first hand experience. My belly has always been pooky, so the slight bumpiness of it post cesarean isn't obvious to me.

#8 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiachu View Post

It should eventually even out and go away.
2 1/2 years and waiting... lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by blessedwithboys View Post

11yrs and 19yrs pp and not only is my stomach not flat again, it hangs like a gross poochy apron. Nothing is ever normal again after a surgery. :(
Mine, too. Even if I got really skinny again, the saggy pooch part wouldn't go away, it's just the way the muscle was cut.

On the upside, I asked my fiance if it looked ugly, and his answer was, "How can the scar you got from giving life be ugly? That's the most beautiful scar a woman can have." I try to look at it my fiance's way now.
:)

Reactions: ReadingMama
#10 ·
I'm pg again now, but it's been 7 years since my previous c/s. I had a little sag, but nothing that was even noticeable in a bikini. I'm hoping they can sew it up a little better this time though. I'd honestly get a plastic surgeon to do it, but they want to wait a few months and I wouldn't want another recovery.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.