Lingering pain around scar :-( - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 10-01-2013, 09:56 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I had my section almost 10 weeks ago, but I still have some pain around my scar especially when I carry my son in his sling or use my nursing pillow. Also the tissue slightly above it feels numb and "weird". My midwife said it might never go back to normal--great, another thing to be depressed about! anyone else?

#2 of 8 Old 10-01-2013, 09:11 PM

Mentioned: 72 Post(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Sounds like you had a c section!!!!! I had that weird numb sensation for a year and it went away. Same with the pain around the scar... Scar tissue. Massage the area and don't stress too much about it. Hugs to you!
#3 of 8 Old 01-10-2014, 05:59 PM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but my first c-section was 15 years ago, then another 8 years ago on top of it.  Those scars are still slightly numb and "funny" feeling.  The last one, 3.5 years ago, though, is a good inch and a half above those, and it is still painful to the touch, in addition to the "funny" numb-scar feeling.  :-(  Sorry.  I hope you have better luck than I.

Wife to since '98; Homeschooling, working on my doctorate & becoming crunchier by the day; Mom to DSs: 06/10,12/05, & 1/99 & 1 on the way (3/15)
#4 of 8 Old 01-31-2014, 04:55 AM

Hey!!  Mine took probably 9-10 months to not have occasional pain.  It has healed perfectly (17months out).  The color has faded.  I can barely tell it is there.  I will have to get another one in August (2 yrs after the first).  I will let you know how that goes.  :)

#5 of 8 Old 02-03-2014, 10:16 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Four months later, it seems to be getting better. It still hurts after carrying a lot, but not as often as before. so hopefully it heals completely.

#6 of 8 Old 02-05-2014, 11:37 AM

Have "scar tissue release" work done by a PT or someone who is very experienced with this hands on body work on the scar. I had back pain, weird sensations on my scar and this solved the problem. Also do no use a front loader carrier unless you bind your belly with those white velcro supports, I got a smaller one for this purpose, the one they give you when you get home from hospital was too big and didn't fit anymore. I used a scar salve of sesame oil and some other stuff found at natural food store. My scars-I had two c sections are not noticeable.

Good luck.

bayosgirl87 likes this.
#7 of 8 Old 03-15-2014, 09:37 AM

I've had the same experience ...so I can't offer any advice but I can offer empathy! Hang in there.
#8 of 8 Old 06-08-2014, 12:38 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I realize this thread is old but just to add for when other mamas search and find this:

My scar had pain when I exerted myself....like in certain yoga postures or heavy lifting....for many many many months and probably more than a year after the birth. I can't even remember anymore (it's been 4 years) since it almost never happens anymore. Although: I recently did this "plank challenge" with friends to hold the plank yoga posture for a long time and sometimes I could feel the scar, not in pain but just feel it from the inside....but besides that the pain during exertion did fade away although I too was surprised how long that went on for.

Mama since 2010
Multicultural living in Europe

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page