I was praying for a normal delivery. But that's out the window now as l did a sonogram and was told that l have a cyst on my right lower abdomen about 10cm in size and l need to remove it as my side was slightly swollen. So am going to be schedule for a C Section a week beige my due date to get baby out and then have the cyst remove.... Any other ever had the experience???
I have not but I'm wondering why they couldn't wait for you to give birth naturally and then remove the cyst? Just something to think about. Good luck whatever decision you make.
Well, I had 15 hours of unmedicated backlabor with a pitocin drip. And I've had a large ovarian cyst rupture.
Hands down, of the experiences to have again, I'd chose the labor with MORE pitocin and someone kicking me in the crotch at the same time. When I had my cyst rupture I blacked out and dropped unconscious from the shock/pain, was transported to the ER via ambulence, screaming from the pain when I came to. I was told that most ruptures are just very painful and do not involve a lot of hemorrhaging so do not think this would have to be your experience, but speaking as someone who's done both man that was not a "no big deal" experience.
A 10 cm cyst is pretty damn big, so I can intellectually understand why they don't want to risk it rupturing during labor, though a lot of women probably have labored with a cyst that was never caught and no one was the wiser. Something that big has the potential to cause you to lose an ovary or depending on what kind of cyst it is, you could hemorrhage pretty badly, which is why they're concerned.
I'd be sure to discuss with your doc your options, get a 2nd opinion if you can/want to. If you're already numbed I doubt that they'd need to put you under for it, and you won't have to receive pain meds later since you'll get everything done in one go. Honestly, I'd opt to have the cyst removed at birth, not after. My rupture occured when my daughter was 3 months old, and I'm very lucky that it did not cost us our breastfeeding relationship because I was very very very ill for awhile afterwards. Sometimes those big suckers will go away on their own, but having lived through one I'd want it out just in case. IME they do not offer to remove them or say that they should be unless there's a concern for your ovaries or ovarian torsion which is a very serious situation. But I would ask for more information and what their specific concerns are, for sure.