Not feeling the best after c section - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 12-16-2013, 08:07 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi Mom's and congrats to you all!!! Not sure if anyone else has been feeling what I have but let me give a quick run down of what I went through with this pregnancy (#3 and third csection) so you could probably help me understand what might be going on with me.

I went to 37 weeks due to a planned c section and our baby girl was born at a whopping 9lbs4oz. Before she was born, I had really bad pains in my hips which made it almost unbearable to walk. My doctor put me on bed rest and said it was my sciatic nerve. I am 38 years of age and this recovery from this csection feels unusual to me. I remember twitching when getting my epidural which I was told right away not to do that (not sure why I did when I had two prior). Anyway after the csection, I had really bad gas pain and had to get a needle, something in my drip and pills to relieve the pain. I got up and walked the same day and did find it to be more difficult with this pregnancy but didn't pay it no mind. I was discharged at the expected time but at my first checkup with my OBGYN, my pressure was really high so I was put on medication for that. The following week I developed a really bad pain in my right calf and found out that I had a 9cm blood clot and had to be admitted back into the hospital for immediate blood thinning injections for two days. After coming out I had to continue to give myself injections but was later told on a follow up visit to discontinue and take pills instead (of course this made me happier). At my 6 weeks checkup my doctor wanted another ultra sound done of my leg which showed that the blood clot was no longer there and so now I am starting my 6 month prescriptions for it. Due to the blood clot, I am now on a progesterone only BC pill and so far have had no side effects (that I know of). It was also found out at that same visit that I have a hernia above my belly button which tends to hurt off and on especially when standing. So after all that I come to the reason why I am writing. 

Lately I have been having these twingy headaches (mostly back of my head), back pain which is worse at night or when holding our baby girl too long, pain in my heal and bottom of feet and pain that comes and goes in my arms and legs mostly at the end of the night right before bed. My cut has healed perfect but I have these pains in my stomach along with being constipated from time to time and my stomach is still swollen and hard. Sometimes when I bend, I feel this paid under my breast which feels like something is sticking my in those areas. I also have these spasms that start from my rectum area and feels like it runs down my legs especially my right leg. I don't really feel tired and have had my period already which was normal. I do have bad sinus and just got over a bad throat infection so my glands and lymph nodes in my neck are still a bit swollen. I've also had on occasion pains in my lower right side of my back. Not sure if it's kidney related but as soon as I feel it, I drink a big glass of water. Sex is great, no pain. 

I know I said I would be brief but stuff just kept coming to my head and I need to know if anyone has had any of what I have been feeling even if not all the symptoms. Not all of them may be pregnancy or csection related but I just thought I'd mention them.

Thanks so much for reading my long post and good luck to all you ladies who have been going through difficult times with your healing. God bless you!!

Me 38, hubby 41, boy 7, girl 3, baby girl 8 weeks

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-18-2013, 01:07 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi there! I'm sorry to hear you're recovery has been so tough but congratulations on your new baby! It sounds like you've been through a lot on top of regular c-section recovery! Of course, I'm not a medical professional but a few things in your post stood out to me so I thought I'd reply. First, are you certain your blood pressure is under control? I encourage you to stay on top of checking it regularly until you're certain it has stabilized and to be meticulous about your blood thinners. Not sure how those two issues would interact with one another but I trust you're doctor is staying on top of both issues. Beyond those two important issues, I know I noticed it took a while for my body to readjust and realign after my second and third pregnancies. I think some of the pain you're experiencing could be part of the process of you're body realigning itself. The pain that goes through your bottom and legs sounds like something I experience from time to time when my back is a bit wonky. I'm pretty sure it's sciatica or something similar. Also, feeling like something is sticking in your abdomen/ribs could be related to your constipation. I get a similar feeling and although I'm not certain, I'm pretty sure it only happens when I'm a bit backed up. I would encourage you to address the constipation, take care in the way you are sleeping and sitting to avoid further back discomfort and then reevaluate how you feel. Of course, if you're worried go back to your doctor and run it all by him/her. You can't be too careful especially considering all you've been through in the past few months! smile.gif

User Tag List