being lied to - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 01-22-2014, 07:38 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I had an emergency cesarean in May. My labor was difficult and painful. I had a placenta abruption that led to a cesarean. My ob/gyn never spoke about my delivery and I never asked. Truth is I never felt like it was open for discussion. It took me this long to try an attempt at closure.

I asked to speak to the doctor but the nurse called me instead. She told me if I want to talk to my doctor about this then I have to make an appointment. I don't have insurance and won't till after the first of february. That is not an option especially since I'm moving cross country. She decides to take matters in her own hands and talk about my labor. She lied she diminished my experience to something so insignificant. Little does she know I saw what my insurance paid for that conflicts her watered down version. For one its absurd for her to discuss what happened she wasn't there and is not a surgeon.

Now I have no idea what happened I feel worse after talking to her. I was open to talking to the ob before this but now no. Its horrible to be treated this way. I only wanted to know what happened instead was treated like an inconvenience.

I plan on requesting my medical records. Also researching Ob/gyn in my new area. Once I find one that I trust I will have them get my records and ask what happened. Its awful to live with not knowing. Feeling of mistrust that I have no one to talk to.

Should I file a complaint against the nurse? I asked to talk to the dr but she said id have to pay to do that?? Is this common practice?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 4 Old 01-22-2014, 10:31 AM

The nurse may have been following docs orders to talk to you. You could make a general complaint about how you couldn't speak to the doc. I would def find another office.
#3 of 4 Old 01-22-2014, 10:57 AM - Thread Starter

Love my lab is that standard procedure??
#4 of 4 Old 01-22-2014, 01:46 PM

I think that "standard procedures" probably vary office to office.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page