Adhesions? Something else? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 05-02-2014, 01:22 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I'm nearly a year post cesarean now, and the area about two inches below my external scar is bothering me. I've been massaging and I think that it's where my internal scars are now that my uterus has shrunken more. Last week it was tenderness and pain, now it's redness and a small lump. It's painful to the touch and with pressure, but not otherwise. I went to the walk in clinic last weekend and she couldn't see anything and said it must be adhesions. Google isn't turning anything up that seems right. Anyone have thoughts on what it could be? I don't have a primary care doctor right now and I haven't seen my midwife since I was in the hospital...can adhesions tear, and would separated adhesions have any visible redness? Thoughts on what else it might be and whether I can wait till my appt on the 9th?

Also, it just makes me so mad that I am still dealing with scar issues. I hate the reminder that I had to have one at all. And I'm nearly to my daughter's birthday, so I'm already dealing with a lot of feelings...ugh...

Christian wife, busy happy mama to 4yo DS, 3yo DD, 15mo DS, and #4, expected next spring!

#2 of 3 Old 05-06-2014, 09:15 PM

Mentioned: 146 Post(s)
Quoted: 53 Post(s)
I don't have any advice really but I know my scar does seem to act up on occasion but it always resolves itself. By now your uterus is the size of your fist! I recently had a doctors appointment and he saw no adhesions. I also am resolved that my scar may take several years before I get any sensation back*sigh* on a personal growth level , maybe this is a good time for you to try to embrace that you had to have your daughter by c section and regardless a birth is a birth and still a miracle. Giving birth is kinda like life. You can plan and prep and still it may not work out the way you wanted it to. I am sorry this was not the birth experience you wanted. Hugs hugs mama. And happy birthday to your daughter!
#3 of 3 Old 05-25-2014, 05:40 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Is it possible that it's a hernia? I've had three abdominal surgeries and several incisional hernias. Each time a hernia opened up there was some pain and then I felt a small lump. I can't tell from your letter if the lump is on the skin surface or underneath. Doctors don't always feel hernias when they examine you, especially if you are lying on your back when they do so. When you are lying on your back the fat or intestine which is poking through the hole in your muscle recedes. You have to be examined standing up and pushing on the muscle for a doctor to be able to find the hernia.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page