Not The Truth About C-Sections - Mothering Forums

#1 of 3 Old 09-12-2014, 10:41 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 121 Post(s)
Not The Truth About C-Sections

The Alpha Parent has used the image below as an ad for her planned Twitter activity about c-sections.

That picture does not represent the truth about c-sections. That scar is from a tummy tuck. There is no doubt in my mind that it had NOTHING to do with a c-section.

I don't have source information on the photo - it was posted on Reddit in 2013, and I am not at all sure where it came from. However, I suspect the picture was taken as part of a post-mastectomy/reconstruction photo shoot. That scar matches what I have from an attempted at breast reconstruction using abdominal tissue, and the photo does a great job of conveying the impact of a parent's cancer on young children.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Tummy Tuck1.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	11.0 KB
ID:	5521  

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 3 Old 09-12-2014, 01:26 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 90 Post(s)
That is disgusting and pisses me off to no end. What purpose does this ad serve - is it supposed to make the moms who have had a c/s feel like damaged goods? Or is it meant to scare moms into avoiding a c/s at all costs, possibly even risking the life of her baby?
Regardless of the purpose - how disgusting.
#3 of 3 Old 06-03-2015, 12:00 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I agree that scar is not from a c-section, but, in all fairness, I have to say when I had my first c-section after 28 hours of labor and baby was stuck in the birth canal, I was bruised all the way up the side the doc was on. But after four c-sections I didn't have ANYTHING that looked like that! I don't understand what point these people are trying to make? All it is doing is scaring the bejeezus out of people that are in need of c-sections for medical reasons. I recently had a "friend" who has all homebirths (wonderful for her!) tell me that since I had all c-sections, I didn't "technically" birth a baby. Moms need to support one another, not label and tear each other down. Especially after a labor that ended unexpectedly in a c-section instead of the vaginal birth Mama was hoping for. Ok, off my soapbox.

~~~Jennifer~~~
Mama and stepmama to DSS1 (18), DSS2 (14), DSS3 in heaven, DD1 (11), DSS4 (10), DS1 (8), DD2 (2) and DS2 (1) and due November 2015!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page